Love Inspired Historicals discussion

update on ausjenny

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Got the MRI results. Not sure if I was happy or not. She said it showed nothing major which is good. It does show inflammation around the area but nothing significant found. At least its not a tear but there it does at least show something. I am now on panadol 4 times a day (think you call it tynodol or something not asprin) and a anti inflammatory once a day for 4 weeks. She said keep up the exercises which I don't have yet and I can use it but dont over do it. When it hurts keep it strapped but use it a little which I have been. I have also found the brace I got if I take the metal out I can wear for much longer and it gives the support needed. I think walking still needs the other brace. If its not healing after 4 weeks it will be a steroid injection which she hasn't done but suggest which dr to go to for that. not sure if I want to make an appointment knowing I can cancel or wait. I know he is popular and hard to get into at times.
So I guess its keep doing what I am and pray these tablets help reduce inflammation and help heal it.
Its good to have answers and im glad there isn't a tear that needs surgery but it shows there is a problem to explain the pain that was good to know too.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Ausjenny -- that sounds like a pretty good report. Any more if it's not bad news, I consider it good.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments It is good not sure what I wanted just for it to show something and what it was. this does show there is inflammation but no tear so its good. i guess that means its a soft tissue injury Im glad to know so we can treat it. the brace without the metal helps so much also. not sure why I didn't do that before. I reread about it and it seems the metal is more used for different injuries but not all. the brace is for several different injuries on the same area so without the metal I can wear it much longer and have the support needed. When Im doing certain things the other brace will be used.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hale | 639 comments Mod
>>Not sure if I was happy or not.

I know what you mean. It's great that it isn't a broken bone or anything, but that might be more straightforward to fix.

At least now you know so you won't be worried about what you should or shouldn't do. Hopefully the meds and exercises will fix it right up. I've had all kinds of inflammation issues over the years and I'm convinced stress is a big contributing factor.

message 5: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments Glad it's not something more serious, Jenny! It is a hassle when you have to do a lot of exercises though because it takes a long time to feel the healing! I know because I've had injuries like that. My husband has an injury like that now too. Glad you have a brace. My daughter had something like that last year and a brace really helped her. When I had that tear in my hip ligament last year, I thought I was going to die! It hurt SO much and took forever to heal! Glad you don't have to deal with something like that!

message 6: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Yes, soft tissue injuries hurt and take longer to heal. Just do what you're supposed to Jenny! I just did a year of therapy for painful knee. Come to find out one of my legs had become shorter and my knee was being forced out of joint when I walked. PAINFUL!
Now I wear a heel lift and did my exercises--much better.
Hugs to you, Jenny.

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments thanks all. I found out which wrist exercises to do its things like rubbing or opening a jar the turning motions that hurt it. I think just knowing the issue helps with it. I talked to the OT and she wants me to contact her before going the injection way if its needed to discuss it first. I am praying these tablets will do the trick. I know its going to take time and will be an issue for awhile yet but if these help it will be well on the way to healing and I know its 100% on what it was.

message 8: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) Gosh, Jenny! I'll be praying you heal up soon!

message 9: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Take care of yourself Jenny! I agree with the advice to take it easy. :) I had a soft tissue injury in my hip over the summer, and I found that pushing myself really set me back a lot. :(

Dream

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Thanks all I am not going to do something silly. I am using the wrist a little but I keep a brace on and if it hurts I stop. but I can feel improvement. I know there are some things I cant do and I wont try them. I did the ironing today and it was so much easier.

Kimberlyisreading | 64 comments Jenny- so glad to hear it's not a tear, those can take so long to heal! Make sure to keep up with your meds, braces and any exercises they give you- it's not worth it to hurry through it. keeping you in prayer that it heals quickly and that God gives you patience to endure the healing process! :)

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments Thanks kimberly and thanks for the birthday card it arrived end of last week.
yes I am doing all she told me to and am noticing improvement with the new med. Its way better than it was.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Sending prayers for a complete recovery! =)

message 14: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments thanks just did some gardening (not much with bad wrist) but a little and while I can feel it a little its nothing like it was even a week back.

message 15: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Glad you know what to do! Hugs!

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 73 comments Sorry you were hurt, Ausjenny, I guess I missed that. Hope your improvement comes faster than you expect! Caring, Mary R.

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Glad to hear the meds are helping so much! Has the heatwave broken yet?

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments yes the heatwave broke a week back. the past few mornings when I walked it was around 4 degrees a tad cold.

message 19: by Deborah (new)

What a change! We had a snowstorm here to usher in the first day of spring. Hopefully that was winter's last gasp for us.

message 20: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments we have actually had some rain the past couple of days the tank now has a little rain but still needs alot more before i turn the house back to rain water.
we are going for around 23 today.

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 73 comments Yes, be careful, Ausjenny! My friend has had several years of pain now and I think she worked too hard after the injury...and be sure you take those anti-inflams with food or milk! Hope you are better soon! I know what chronic is like and I pray you avoid it long-term! Did you tell us when you leave USA it will be winter at home? Hugs.

message 22: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments I arrive home May 30th and winter starts june 1.
I will be in the states during our autumn. 6 weeks today I will be in Atlanta.
Just went and organised my money.
I am being careful. there is improvement to what it was but still a ways to go.