The Sword and Laser discussion

Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > Looking for Reviewers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2846 comments I'm the review coordinator for SFF Audio, and I have a lot of lasers, but I really need some more swords. If you listen to audio books and would be willing for your reviews to also be posted on the SFF Audio website, please contact me. USA only (I have to ship them out.)

I'm looking for these subgenres in particular:

-Epic fantasy
-Military sci-fi
-Paranormal romance
-Urban fantasy

I am covered for hard science fiction, dystopia, cyberpunk and future tech, and I do have a few fantasy reviewers who are great but they can't keep up with the volume of stuff coming out!

I send out a monthly e-mail with what is available, and mail out the audiobooks once a month. It is first-come first-serve, and I can work with new reviewers to make sure they cover everything the publishers look for. There is no cost or anything. And if you're already listening and writing reviews, the only change is that you get more people reading them, and get new audiobooks more often.

Publishers include Brilliance, Blackstone, Librivox, Penguin, Simon & Schuster, Bolinda, and a handful of others.

Active and interested reviewers would also be considered for inclusion on an occasional podcast. Please contact me via e-mail, jenny underscore colvin at yahoo. :)

message 2: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Preiman | 347 comments I read tuns of fantasy and would be glad to help. Though that help to know what publishers want in a revew would be helpful

message 3: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Jenny, you have mail.

message 4: by Casey (last edited Mar 13, 2013 11:08PM) (new)

Casey | 654 comments If this is all on the level, I'd be up for it.

I'd be quite interested in both of these subgenres.
-Epic fantasy
-Military sci-fi

Edited to add subgenres.

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom | 7 comments E-mail sent! Just replying here in case I didn't get the correct address.

Jenny wrote: "I'm the review coordinator for SFF Audio, and I have a lot of lasers, but I really need some more swords. If you listen to audio books and would be willing for your reviews to also be posted on th..."

message 6: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6756 comments Mod
Casey wrote: "If this is all on the level, I'd be up for it."

As soon as you sign up Jenny dispatches her goons to your house to steal your kidneys!

o.O

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 96 comments I am interested in urban fantasy and PNR perhaps a little epic fantasy

message 8: by Casey (new)

Casey | 654 comments Rob wrote: "As soon as you sign up Jenny dispatches her goons to your house to steal your kidneys!

o.O"

Sounds like great fun!

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2846 comments Rob wrote: "Casey wrote: "If this is all on the level, I'd be up for it."

As soon as you sign up Jenny dispatches her goons to your house to steal your kidneys!

o.O"

Muahaha.

message 10: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4135 comments I can attest I still have kidneys. However, we won't mention my OTHER surgeries...

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2846 comments terpkristin wrote: "I can attest I still have kidneys. However, we won't mention my OTHER surgeries..."
Muhaha.

message 12: by Firstname (new)

Firstname Lastname | 488 comments I could do military sci fi. Doing it well is difficult but wonderful when it works.