David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Ice Country (The Country Saga, #2)
This topic is about Ice Country
Archive's > Ice Country Release Blog Blast!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Calling all bloggers! My new book, Ice Country, the sequel to Fire Country, will be released on Thursday, April 4th, and I'm looking for bloggers to help spread the word as part of a blog blast on that day. Although ideally all blogs would post on the same day, if your blog is unavailable or already booked, you can still participate if you plan on posting within 3 days after the release (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday April 5-7).

The blog blast will include interviews, reviews, giveaways, and guest posts, and by participating you'll be entered in a random drawing to receive a $10 gift card to Amazon.com.

If you would like to participate, please send an e-mail Rhomy at blacklionbooktours@gmail.com, who is doing me a favor and organizing the event. Please include "Ice Country" as the subject, and note whether you've received an ARC of the book, so that we know whether we can schedule your post as a review.

Thanks in advance for being amazing bloggers and for all that you do to support me! I'd be a writer without readers if not for all of you! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

message 2: by Bee (last edited Mar 13, 2013 08:33AM) (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) I haven't read Fire Country yet, so it's pretty useless to include me in the blog blast. :P I would want it ofcourse. But what do you mean by Guest Post? :P

message 3: by DeAnna (new) - added it

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments Sent an email! I doubt I'll be caught up enough to post a review, but I'd love to participate either way!

message 4: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Lol thank you both! Sorry, I think there's a bit of confusion :) Only those bloggers who have already received an ARC will get review slots. Everyone else participating (and you can ALL participate if you want!) will get slots for interviews, spotlights, giveaways or guest posts :) And Bieke, a guest post is me writing a blog post for your blog (I'd pick a fun topic) which you'd then post on release day along with info about my books. Does that make sense? If anyone else has any questions, feel free to ask!

message 5: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
Book blasts are one of the easiest and fun things for bloggers to do! What it means is a whole bunch of bloggers do a post on a given set of days to help promote a book! Some do reviews, but most just post about the book--pics, buying links, synopsis, author info, sometimes an excerpt. You would get an email from Rhomy that will include everything you would need--pictures, links, even HTML codes, if you want to make it really easy on yourself! I've got my post all set!

message 6: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

A blog TOUR, on the other hand, is a little more in depth. They can run over several days or weeks. The host organizes a few bloggers to post each day of the tour. Most bloggers in this case would receive a review copy and would do a review when they post, along with all the other book information. Sometimes the author might do interviews as well! Its also a little more exclusive--most blog tour hosts want you to have at least 200+ followers and enough daily traffic to make it worth it for them to give you a copy.

Just a little FYI for any new bloggers!

message 7: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Thanks Jenny, that's a really good description. I still struggle with all the blogger terms as I'm not a real blogger :)

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sure, no problem! I suppose its a little late for your blast, but since a few people seemed confused I thought I might try to clarify for future issues! It took me a long time as a blogger to figure all this stuff out! Still learning all the time!

Amanda (amandafoxy) | 31 comments Only two days to wait then.....yippee!

message 10: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Amanda wrote: "Only two days to wait then.....yippee!"

Woohooooooo!!! Even though I've done this quite a few times now I always get just as excited :) I love it when you all get excited too!

message 11: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Jenny wrote: "Sure, no problem! I suppose its a little late for your blast, but since a few people seemed confused I thought I might try to clarify for future issues! It took me a long time as a blogger to fig..."

I agree sometimes it does get confusing all those terms. Lately I also had some book blitz', but I think those are the same as Book Blasts. Not 100% sure though.

Also most indie authors don't mind if you don't have 200 followers. I already have participated in quite some blog tours and book blast even though I don't have 200 followers.

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Great point Lola, I love participating on blogs of all sizes and styles because each one gives you an opportunity to connect with new people. For small Indie authors like me, every new reader are the most valuable people in the world :)

message 13: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

That is very true Lolita! But most big publishers are a little more picky!

message 14: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Jenny wrote: "That is very true Lolita! But most big publishers are a little more picky!"

That's true!

message 15: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Here is the link to my blog post as part of the Book Blast: http://lolabookreviews.blogspot.nl/20...

message 16: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nice, Lolita! I like your blog, I am now following you!

message 17: by Bee (new)

Bee (nbeewrites) Oh to bad I haven't checked this out anymore. I would've liked a guest post. :P

message 18: by Lola (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Jenny wrote: "Nice, Lolita! I like your blog, I am now following you!"

Thanks :). I just replied to your comment on my blog. And I am following you back.

message 19: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Lolita wrote: "Here is the link to my blog post as part of the Book Blast: http://lolabookreviews.blogspot.nl/20..."

Thanks Lola, love it!!!!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 258 comments Hey guys, here's my blog tour post and author interview! Thanks so much David for your thoughtful answers =]

http://happyindulgence.wordpress.com/...

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Jeann wrote: "Hey guys, here's my blog tour post and author interview! Thanks so much David for your thoughtful answers =]

http://happyindulgence.wordpress.com/......"

Great interview!!!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 258 comments Thanks Karen! :)

message 23: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeann wrote: "Hey guys, here's my blog tour post and author interview! Thanks so much David for your thoughtful answers =]

http://happyindulgence.wordpress.com/......"

Loved the interview, you asked great questions!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 258 comments Thanks guys! It was great to find out more about David and what inspires him :)

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Aww you all are too kind! Jeann asked awesome questions :)