A Dance with Dragons 2: After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5, Part 2 of 2) A Dance with Dragons 2 discussion

Should I read this?????

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Welch I read A Dance with Dragons in hard back when it first came out, is this book new matierial? Should I read it?

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 24, 2013 05:09PM) (new)

as you have read "A Dance with Dragoons" on its own then the answer is no as this is the 2nd part of the book, this taken form wikkipedia probably explains it better then i can:
Split in publication

"According to Martin, his manuscript for the fourth novel in the series had become too large to publish in a single volume. Rather than simply split it in half and publish it as essentially "Part 1" and "Part 2," Martin decided to split the book by character and location. Published in 2005, A Feast for Crows is narrated primarily by characters in the South of the Seven Kingdoms and in the new locations of the Iron Islands and Dorne. A Dance with Dragons features characters in the North and across the narrow sea, although Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Arya Stark, Areo Hotah and Victarion and Asha Greyjoy appear in both volumes.
Approximately one-third of the published A Dance with Dragons consists of material that had been written for the pre-split A Feast for Crows, although much of this has been rewritten by Martin."*

hope this helps

*taken from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dance_...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think your answer isn't directly related to the original question.
Gary, Dance with Dragons is published as one hardback volume but two paperback books, same as had already happened with volume 3 (A Storm of Swords).

message 4: by Gary (last edited Mar 25, 2013 08:06AM) (new)

Gary Welch ScarletBea wrote: "I think your answer isn't directly related to the original question.
Gary, Dance with Dragons is published as one hardback volume but two paperback books

Thanks for the info. I will read the next one.......if he finishes it some time before I die. But I did not want to give him one more cent, Dance with Dragons was not his best work.