The Expanded Universe discussion

General EU Stuff > Boba Fett: Alive or Dead

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theo (new)

Theo Shapiro I am new to reading the EU,but from what I've heard from many people is a debate as to the fate of Boba Fett. I would love it if someone put my spinning mind at ease and tell me if Boba Fett survived Episode VI or was he killed?
Also is there any good books about him? I hear the Bounty Hunter wars aren't that good, but I'm still kind of interested. Thanks.

message 2: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Jewel Thomas (sorifant) Read the book Tales of Jabbas Palace and there is a short story about that :)

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 100 comments There is an interesting ebook from the New Jedi Order timeframe called "A Practical Man" that is all about Fett. He also features repeatedly during the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin. He is an integral role in the Legacy of the Force series as well, especially later on.

As for survival, as shown in the Dark Empire comic books, Fett survived because the Sarlicc found him a a bit difficult to digest.

message 4: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 17 comments I've read the Bounty Hunter Wars, and they weren't that bad. He's definitely alive for that, and he's alive in Fate of the Jedi. So yeah, he's still alive as far as 40-something ABY.

message 5: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 42 comments He definitely survives though I am pretty sure a lot of people wish that he didn't.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Preiman | 14 comments His death in Jedi was pathetic, but they really should have let it stand.

message 7: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 42 comments Christopher wrote: "His death in Jedi was pathetic, but they really should have let it stand."
But as you point out it was a pretty pathetic way for the premier bounty hunter in the galaxy to end his life, his death was practically comedy relief. I am not saying he should not ever die but his death should be more memorable than that.

message 8: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Sole | 1 comments which book does he die in?

message 9: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Preiman | 14 comments But he only became the premier bounty hunter in the galaxy because the fans became obsessed with him. Before George started changing things he was little more then set dressing.

message 10: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 42 comments Christopher wrote: "But he only became the premier bounty hunter in the galaxy because the fans became obsessed with him. Before George started changing things he was little more then set dressing."

That may have been the case originally but its certainly not the case now. A lot of characters asides form Fett were given greater roles in the EU and I dont see whats wrong with that. Iconic characters such as Thrawn don't even exist in the movie's universe.

message 11: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Preiman | 14 comments Most of those characters didn't have to be brought back from the dead to get those expanded roles.

message 12: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 42 comments True enough but a plausible account of his survival is provided in the novel Tales from Jabba's Palace and his survival has done nothing to hurt the development of the EU , instead it has helped make it more interesting especially in later novels such as the Fate of the Jedi series.
So I think it was a good call to bring him back, if they want to kill him off in the future , I wont have any problems , he is not even one of favorite characters. Just give him a respectable death.