ABNA discussion

Jaima Fixsen
This topic is about Jaima Fixsen
ABNA Book Club > March book discussion for YA #1- FAIR CHILD

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mikhail, Group Creator/Moderator (new)

Mikhail Lerma (MLerma) | 104 comments Mod
For some reason I can't add the book to the topic, I'll fix it as soon as i can.
Book discussion for YA, which tied for 1st in the poll, Fairchild by Jaima Fixsen.

Fairchild by Jaima Fixsen

Truth or dare?
Good English families all have a house in the country with a deer park, a trout stream, and an army of gardeners. They should have a son and if it can be managed, he should be handsome. Cleverness isn’t important. Daughters in limited quantities are fine so long as they are pretty. Bastards are inconvenient and best ignored. It's not a big problem, unless you are one.
Unfortunately, Sophy is.
Sick of her outcast role, she escapes her father’s house, only to fall from her horse during a spring storm. Injured, soaked, and shivering, she stumbles to a stranger’s door—Tom, a blunt edged merchant from a family of vulgar upstarts. Mistaking Sophy for the genuine article, he takes her in.
Sophy can’t resist twisting the truth. Soon she’s caught in her own snare—and it might just be a noose.

message 2: by Jaima (new)

Jaima Hi all,
How are you enjoying the book?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Pascucci | 16 comments I just finished chapter 8 and I am really enjoying the story. My heart goes out to Sophy I really feel for her character. And Tom is an interesting character too. Can't wait to see what happens to the two of them.

message 4: by Jaima (new)

Jaima Thanks Laura! Sophy and Tom are colliding soon- it was a fun part to write.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Pascucci | 16 comments I really love this book. I felt like I was transported back in time while I was reading it. Sophy is such a great character I loved everything about her. All the other characters were so real too, from Lord Fairchild to Mrs. Bagshot. I would love to read more about these characters. Is there going to be another book?

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina Sirois | 7 comments I second Laura's opinion. This book is amazing. I was put in contact with Jaima last year in the ABNA semi-finals and she let me read her story. I was so intimidated by her talent! She is one of my favorite writers to read now. Her writing makes me try harder to be a better writer and I can't think of a bigger compliment than that.

message 7: by Jaima (last edited Mar 28, 2013 02:43PM) (new)

Jaima Shucks girls, you're making me blush. But seriously, thank you for reading. I'm very happy you liked the book- it's what i hoped for when I wrote it. Laura, I am not working on a second book with these characters right now, but I have ages ideas about Georgians and William that are tempting me. I'd also kind of like to see Jasper get thrown for a loop. I'm still not quite clear on what kind of girl would do the job, or what kind of story it would be. I'd like to continue with the fairy tale theme, if I could. But I do know the thematic story I would use for William and Georgiana. I'd like to weave them together with Jasper's.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Pascucci | 16 comments I would really love to read more about Jasper and a love interest. I liked that Jasper was so caring to Sophy. He was a real big brother. I also would love to read more about William and Georgiana. Their relationship was interesting.

message 9: by Jaima (new)

Jaima Thanks Laura. I love Jasper. Some characters come easier to me than others and he always had plenty to say. Sometimes it was hard to keep him in his place, so I would love to give him a chance to play centre stage. He is just the kind of older brother I would have liked to have myself.