Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
This topic is about Crescendo
Buddy Reads > Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 1340 comments Mod
Starting book #2 TODAY!

What are they doing?!?!?!?! I just love Patch and they do an do that?!?!?! WHY???

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) don't! I read some between jobs. after my shower I'm reading more til I fall sleep lol

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) how far are you? that makes me sad something is going to happen to patch!

No No No keep reading. I'm on chapter 6 but what I'm talking about happens in like....chapter 3. I'm just so mad at the two of them now!

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) okay then I'm close I think

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) just finished ch 3. I didn't care much for this Scott character or the way nora treated patch

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE THREE CHAPTERS IN AND THEY ARE ALREADY SPLIT! Who does that???? I agreed with her that he should be telling her more, but he is obviously in trouble with these archangels so you gotta give a little.

Scott is creeping me out already, seems to be a common thing in this series. Lots and lots of sketchy.

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) OMG at the bar fight scene...this is making me anxious!!!! Patch can't just do that!!! I don't like this Marcie girl one bit!!! Becca Fitzgerald! How can you play with my mind! LOL....THEY BETTER END UP BACK TOGETHER IN THIS BOOK lol

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) That incident with her "dad" was creepy!

I really appreciate the fact that your comments are exactly what I was thinking while reading. This is insane. I'd like to throttle Marcie and Patch needs a sharp kick to the head IMMEDIATELY!!!

The dad thing is seriously creeping me out, and if it is someone tricking her that is just nasty. I hope it really is her dad somehow, but I doubt it... :(

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) You know that feeling you get when someone is about to tell you bad news? That anxious feeling is how I get from reading these last couple chapters. I think I'm on Chapter 11 they just got to marcies party

What do you think of Scott? He hasn't been in the story as much as I thought he'd be yet but he really sketches me out and I have a horrible feeling he is going to turn out really, really bad.

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I feel the same way about scott!!! I am still trying to figure out this "dad" situation and the library scene was crazy. I have no idea where this story is heading! but I miss patch. he needs to get it together!

I agree, I need more Patch. When are they both going to get over this and just figure everything out TOGETHER!

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Oh my god. So of course as soon as I get to the part where she is under the tunnels not long after she sees her dad I have to stop reading to go to work! OMG!

Oh man your getting to the best part too!!

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) just finished! can't believe it ended like that! I gotta get the third book soon. omg!

They have to find a way for Patch to not go to hell!! It just can't happen. I was also completely surprised by Rixon, I was starting to really like him!

I already requested it from the library but someone has it out :( I was totally sad. I hate cliffhangers!

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) at least all the books are out for this one :) I will try to buy it this weekend

That is very true!

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Okay, so I know this topic has not been looked at in a while, but I was hoping someone would talk with me about this.
This book is SERIOUSLY ticking me off! Nora is acting like a little brat and Patch... Poor guy! :(( I'm ready to tear my hair out because this chick is SERIOUSLY getting on my nerves!
Someone help me make sense of this so I will keep reading.

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Bridgett wrote: "OMG at the bar fight scene...this is making me anxious!!!! Patch can't just do that!!! I don't like this Marcie girl one bit!!! Becca Fitzgerald! How can you play with my mind! LOL....THEY BETTER E..."

I personally think that Nora is taking it WAAAAY out of proportion. Had she allowed him to explain like five chapters ago, they would probably still be together. Maybe fighting, but still together. Marcie is just a ho but had they talked about it, she may have been a ho that kept her hands to herself.
I think Nora is just being a brat.

I agree with you that Nora gets on my nerves a lot during this series, but at the same time I can understand being ticked off he doesn't tell her anything ESPECIALLY about Marcie. Plus, he's an angel again so he kinda has to do things that he is told so she should understand.

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments it bugs me that he tells her he can't because of the archangels so HELLO wouldn't she notice the connection? I'm just really irritated by her right now! lol. I'm so close to just quitting and going to the third because I hate that the second installment is always the "break up book".

Jacquelyn wrote: "it bugs me that he tells her he can't because of the archangels so HELLO wouldn't she notice the connection? I'm just really irritated by her right now! lol. I'm so close to just quitting and going..."

I am with you 100% on the break up part, but there are lots of surprises in this one that made it worth it!!! Plus you have so much more you have to know before the 3rd one!!

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Kathy wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "it bugs me that he tells her he can't because of the archangels so HELLO wouldn't she notice the connection? I'm just really irritated by her right now! lol. I'm so close to just ..."

It's just funny because I love mushy ooey gooey lovey dovey romance novels and this one was looking like it would be until the second freaking chapter... >:( It's also irritating because their argument could have totally been solved if Nora decided to TRY to get through it... It's bugging me most of all that she just isn't willing to try and Patch, poor thing, is just taking it.

I totally agree but part of me wants to shake Patch just because he gave up so easily...and he is quite the jerk at points in this book.

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Kathy wrote: "I totally agree but part of me wants to shake Patch just because he gave up so easily...and he is quite the jerk at points in this book."

Well, I think him giving up, as it appears so far and I'm only 150 pages in, is because he wants her to have her own choice and he doesn't want to trap her in something she doesn't want. It's probably one of those, I never understood why she loved me in the first place, things. And also, he probably felt immensely guilty that she had a point that he couldn't give her everything she wanted from a relationship. I hope there is a scene where he explains himself. I love those scenes! :) Those are always the most lovey dovey! xD

Jacquelyn wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I totally agree but part of me wants to shake Patch just because he gave up so easily...and he is quite the jerk at points in this book."

Well, I think him giving up, as it appears s..."

I think I'm just tired of the guy always doing these things! Acting like the girl shouldn't have a say and just LEAVES. I thought Patch and Nora had great chemistry but damn it Patch you don't have to do what you think is best for her!

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Kathy wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I totally agree but part of me wants to shake Patch just because he gave up so easily...and he is quite the jerk at points in this book."

Well, I think him giving u..."

I don't think this was an Edward move... forcing change on her because he thinks it's for her own good. I think in this case, he was honestly trying to do what she wanted. It's not his fault she can't figure out what she wants and she says things in the heat of the moment and refuses to take anything back. Although, what could he honestly expect to receive from her tooling Marcie around town like they are best buddies? I think he could have tried a little harder to change her mind, but at the same time I think Nora could have tried harder to be more understanding. I'm just ready to jump to Silence! xD I did a bad thing and I read the detailed synopsis of Crescendo so I know what happens (I normally don't do this and I'm actually super ashamed of myself) but I just can't handle this much stupidity and reckless angst! xD

Jacquelyn wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I totally agree but part of me wants to shake Patch just because he gave up so easily...and he is quite the jerk at points in this book."

Well, I thin..."

I think the both of them have that argumentative viciousness. Not good for a relationship, but I just felt like he was trying to protect her from something and she needed to be able to handle not just run away from her! I agree though the whole Marcie situation, how could you not expect her to be angry?

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Marcie is getting on my LAST nerve! 0.e

Morgan | 1315 comments Mod
Yeah Marcie annoyed me a lot in this book, and I honestly felt like the series plummeted in this book, and I did finish the series, but it just wasn't as captivating as the first one had been.

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Morgan wrote: "Yeah Marcie annoyed me a lot in this book, and I honestly felt like the series plummeted in this book, and I did finish the series, but it just wasn't as captivating as the first one had been."
I'm honestly really close to just putting it down... I feel like it could have been finished after the first one. Is no one satisfied with a simple happily ever after anymore?

Jacquelyn wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Yeah Marcie annoyed me a lot in this book, and I honestly felt like the series plummeted in this book, and I did finish the series, but it just wasn't as captivating as the first one..."

Not in one book they aren't! Between books and movies, I don't know who's worth in this open-ended ending business.

Jacquelyn (raevynzknight) | 123 comments Kathy wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Morgan wrote: "Yeah Marcie annoyed me a lot in this book, and I honestly felt like the series plummeted in this book, and I did finish the series, but it just wasn't as captivatin..."

Yeah, I've officially decided to abandon them. I hate comparing books, but I much preferred Fallen and Hush, Hush is just a disappointment based on the overly positive reception it got in my opinion. I loved the first one and now I'm just annoyed and it's not even worth it. So now I'm reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! :3