Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Who is your favorite?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Here, we can share our most beloved paranormal characters from the books we've read...

Who's your favorite Vampire?
Who's your favorite Fairy?
Who's your favorite Witch?
Who's your favorite Wolf?
Who's your favorite...

Be sure to mention the book they are from...if they are interesting enough, others may want to meet him/her too!!

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Sanchez | 13 comments Vampire! blame Dracula with Frank Langella although as you can see from From Dusk till Dawn not all vamps are pretty heck even Angel turned into an ugly beastie when he vamped out but the idea of someone loving you forever is an enduring quality.

message 3: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Any specific Vampire that sticks out in your mind??

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Sanchez | 13 comments Angel! before there was Edward, Damon or Mick St John ( remember Moonlight ladies) he was the first vampire hero out there, before him. Vampires were out to destroy mankind and the whole vampire who loved a slayer was simply poetic.

message 5: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) One of my fave vampires is Michael from Nocturne by Syrie James He is so romantic and torn and well, gorgeous. Just what a conflicted her should be!

message 6: by Gabby (last edited Mar 13, 2013 08:47PM) (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Who's your favorite Vampire? Hmmm, Dorian (Eighth Grade Bites)
Who's your favorite Fairy Angel? I haven't read a fairy book, yet, so i'm gonna have to change that one...Okay, Favorite Angel/Nephil etc: Scottie the hottie (Hush, Hush)
Who's your favorite Witch Warlock? <---- Magnus Bane (City of Bones)
Who's your favorite Wolf? Hmmm, I'm a Seth girl (Twilight)
Who's your favorite... I'm gonna put "Hunter" And put Cole from (Alice in Zombieland)

Hope this makes sense, lol :)

message 7: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments My favorite vampire is Damon from The Vampire Diaries & of course Angel.
Favorite fairy- Derek from Shadow Falls
Favorite Witch/warlock- Magnus Bane from Mortal Instruments
Favorite wolf- Lucien from Lunarmorte

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber Lynn | 54 comments These will all probably change tomorrow, but this is what I am going with for now.

Who's your favorite Vampire? Zane from the Succubus Diaries
Who's your favorite Fairy? I don't know if I would call him a fairy but Frost from Meredith Gentry is my favorite fae type character.
Who's your favorite Witch? Chess from Downside Ghosts
Who's your favorite Wolf? Jason from Anita Blake
Who's your favorite...Jericho Barrons from the Fever series because he is kind of a ... but one of my favorite favorite characters

message 9: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments Jericho is my favorite favorite character as well! Love him, & that whole series.

message 10: by Lótë (Iris) (new)

Lótë (Iris) (irisflowerpoppyseed) | 1 comments My favorite vampire is the vampire Lestat from The Vampire Chronicles.

message 11: by Jill (last edited Mar 16, 2013 08:57AM) (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Here's the original list of creatures posted by Christina:

Who's your favorite Vampire? Con from Robin McKinley's Sunshine

Who's your favorite Fairy? Tinkerbell from J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan (you really should read that if you haven't)

Who's your favorite Witch? Elphaba from Gregory Maguire's Wicked

Who's your favorite Wolf? Lord Conall Maccon, Earl of Woolsey from Gail Carriger's Soulless (yum)

Here are the others that weren't on the original list that other people have Gabby mentioned:

Who's your favorite Warlock? If a warlock is a male wizard (even if they don't refer to them as warlocks in the story), I'll go with Sirius Black from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series

Who is your favorite Angel? Aziraphale from Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens

Who is your favorite Hunter? Aragorn from J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series

And here is my own contribution to the list:

Who's your favorite...perfectly normal human being that often ends up having to deal with paranormal creatures? Agent Aloysius X.L. Pendergast from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's wide array of Pendergast novels

And here are the pretty covers of all the books mentioned in my post:

Sunshine by Robin McKinley Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Good Omens by Terry Pratchett The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien Relic (Pendergast, #1) by Douglas Preston

message 12: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Haha...I might have been the one that Mentioned the Warlocks, Angels and Hunters...lol :)

message 13: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) Gabby wrote: "Haha...I might have been the one that Mentioned the Warlocks, Angels and Hunters...lol :)"

Fixed my post to reflect that. ;)

message 14: by Tricia Drammeh (new)

Tricia Drammeh | 3 comments Fave vampire is definitely Lestat from the Vampire Chronicles. Fave Witch is Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. Fave Wizard is Gandalf.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a hard one!

Who's your favorite Vampire?

Oh, gosh. I won't name one of mine, because that feels like cheating. My favorite would probably have to be Kaname Kuran, from the manga Vampire Knight, Vol. 1. He reminds me a bit of Dracula, but more aloof and modern and oh so sexy. ;)

Who's your favorite Fairy?

Probably Ash, from The Iron King. Again, aloof and such.

Who's your favorite Witch?

Hermione!

Who's your favorite Wolf?

This is a hard one. Not sure I can choose. My favorite would have to be from one of my friend's novels, but it's unpublished (yet; it's coming).

Who's your favorite Warlock?

I'm really fond of Draco Malfoy, from Harry Potter.

Who's your favorite Angel?

Not sure on that one...hmmm...

Who's your favorite Hunter?

I'm with Jill! I vote for Aragorn.

message 16: by Shayna (new)

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 92 comments Favorite Vampire : Zoey Redbird from House of Night by Kristin and P.C. Cast

Favorite Faerie: Nial from The Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Favorite Witch: Aislin from The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen

Favorite Wolf: Sam from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Favorite Alien: Venus from Exiled by RaShelle Workman

Favorite Troll: Finn from Switched by Amanda Hocking

Favorite Angel: Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatric

Favorite Nephilim: Jace Lightwood from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Favorite Seer: Gemma from The Fallen Star series by Jessica Sorensen

;)

message 17: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Jill wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Haha...I might have been the one that Mentioned the Warlocks, Angels and Hunters...lol :)"

Fixed my post to reflect that. ;)"

Haha :)

message 18: by Shayna (new)

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 92 comments Favorite Djinn/ Jinn / Genie: Jordan from Falling by Amber Jaeger

:0)

message 19: by Katya (new)

Katya Who's your favorite Vampire? Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Raphael from Vampires in America Series....sexy, serious, dangerous and other worldly

Who's your favorite Fairy? a Tie: Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Vlane from the Fever Series....One word - irresistible with an edge. And The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Adam Black...any book that comes with an Adam Black warning label....needs to be read!

Who's your favorite Witch? Faythe Reclaimed (Hanaford Park #3) by Lisa Sanchez Gabriel Castillo...now who would not love a sexy, Latin warlock in Salem Mass?

Who's your favorite Wolf? Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Trey....smexy, smexy, smexy with a sense of humor.

Who's your favorite...Human? On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young Braden Carmichael...what a sweet, sweet man! ahhhhhhhhhh.

message 20: by Moriah (new)

Moriah Tricia wrote: "Fave vampire is definitely Lestat from the Vampire Chronicles. Fave Witch is Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. Fave Wizard is Gandalf."

Lestat is also my favorite vampire, Gandalf rules, and I wish McGonagall was my grandmother :)
My favorite Grim Reaper, is the shinigami Ryuk from Death Note!

message 21: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments Now that I have read a book about fallen angels I can to my list, & say that Patch is my favorite angel.

message 22: by Kristina (new)

Kristina giarrante (oitnblover96) | 24 comments my favorite vampire would have to be Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse books!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

My favourite vampire is Rhage from the Dark Brotherhood Series..whoa!!!!

message 24: by chucklesthescot (last edited Jul 15, 2013 08:31AM) (new)

chucklesthescot Who's your favorite Vampire? Bones Halfway to the Grave
Who's your favorite Fairy? Claudine Dead and Gone
Who's your favorite Witch/Wizard? Dumbledore from Harry Potter
Who's your favorite Wolf? Jeremy Bitten or Adam Moon Called
Who's your favorite Gollum? Charlie from Dying Bites
Who's your favourite Djinn? Ian from Master of None
Who's your favourite Troll? Three Days to Dead
Who's your favourite shifter? Mercy Thompson Moon Called
Who's your favourite human hero? Gary the OAP Urban Shaman
Who's your favourite animal sidekick? Oberon Hounded

Ray (warrior of randomness) XP | 14 comments vampire: Vladimir Todd from chronicles of Vladimir Todd
witch: Hermione Grainger from harry potter
werewolf: Luke from the mortal instruments
series
favorite demon: Simi from the dark hunter series
favorite deity: acheron parthenopaeus from Acheron

message 26: by Joselyn (new)

Joselyn  Moreno (joselynraquel) | 82 comments Who's your favorite Vampire? Lestat, Louis and Armand (Anne Rice) The Vampire Lestat

Who's your favorite Fairy? Danika from Marie Hall kingdom series Her Mad Hatter

Who's your favorite Witch? Regina from once upon a time XD

Who's your favorite Wolf? mm hard one XD Joseph from crest of the blood moon right now XD Crest of the Blood Moon

Who's your favourite Djinn? Jinni from marie hall kingdom series XD

Who's your favourite shifter? Toby Sheriff Found

message 27: by Aarati (last edited Aug 13, 2013 06:56PM) (new)

Aarati | 29 comments Who's your favorite Vampire? Bones from the Night Huntress series, Vlad from the Night Prince series, Ethan from the Chicago Land Vampire series.
Who's your favorite Fairy? Ash from the Iron Fey series.
Who's your favorite Witch? Hermione from Harry Potter
Who's your favorite Wolf? Derek from the Kate Daniels series, Adam from the Mercy Thompson series, Hawke from the Psy-Changeling series
Who's your favorite shifter? Lucas from Psy-Changeling, Curran from the Kate Daniels series
Who's your favourite grim reaper? Charley from the Charley Davidson series.
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

message 28: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 26 comments Who's your favorite vampire? Adrian from Vampire Academy
Who's your favorite witch? Tessa from Something Witchy This Way Comes
Who's your favorite wolf? Jen from Prince of Wolves

message 29: by Carl (new)

Carl Waters (carl_waters) | 11 comments Favorite Witch: Rachel Morgan from Dead Witch Walking

Favorite Werewolf: Hal Hauk from Hounded

Favorite Vampire: Leif Helgarson from Hounded

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Who's your favorite Vampire? Lestat, from Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles."
Who's your favorite Fairy? Tam, from Aprilynne Pike's "Wings."
Who's your favorite Witch? Hermione, from J.K. Rowlings' "Harry Potter."
Who's your favorite Wolf? Elena Michaels, from Kelley Armstrong's "Women of the Otherworld."

message 31: by MaWhit (new)

MaWhit  (mawhit) Who's your favorite Vampire? Stefan from the Mercy Thompson series

Who's your favorite Fairy? Belle, the wingless fairy from The Hollows.

Who's your favorite Witch/Wizard? Dumbledore from Harry Potter, Rachel Morgan from The Hollows.

Who's your favorite Wolf? Charles from Alpha & Omega and Ben from Mercy Thompson.

Who's your favorite shaman? Joanne Walker/Siobhan Walkingstick from The Walker Papers.

Who's your favorite pixie? Jenx from The Hollows.

Who's your favorite shifter? Mercy Thompson and Jane Yellowrock

Who's your favorite human hero? Gary from The Walker Papers, and Eli from Jane Yellowrock.

Who's your favourite animal sidekick? Beast from Jane Yellowrock, though I'm not sure that counts as she's more than a sidekick.

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 15 comments Who's your favorite Vampire? Wrath Dark Lover

Who's your favorite Witch? Carrow Demon from the Dark

Who's your favorite Wolf? Bowen Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night