Lovers of Paranormal discussion

What are you up to today?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments I thought it would be nice to have a section where we could get to know each other better and just post random things that we are all doing...

Stuff like: I'm going to work and then out to dinner....I'm going to try making brownies from scratch today...I'm going to read ALL DAY...I'm going shopping!!!

Basically, it doesn't have to be about books or reading...just whatever your doing.

Keep it clean folks! :)

message 2: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Great idea, Cristina! I am at my day job today in a library so I'm surrounded by dusty books...and love it.

message 3: by Louis (new)

Louis Cecile (louiville) I am hoping the sun will come out to play sat at my desk job as these long UK winters are dragging!

message 4: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Oh the sun is shining here in NJ today!! It's still chilly, but nice :) I'm just doing laundry. And hanging out on line...

message 5: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) Cristina wrote: "Oh the sun is shining here in NJ today!! It's still chilly, but nice :) I'm just doing laundry. And hanging out on line..."

OMG...on the line already?? That's awesome. Snowing here in Toronto. Bleck.

message 6: by Moriah (new)

Moriah A new coffee shop was opened in my neighborhood and I went there today.
We started with ravioli, finished with a beer!

Oh! And I bought a lot of new watercolors. I can't wait to test them on canvas!

message 7: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Patricks (jacquelinepatricks) | 50 comments Recovering from a migraine today. Not fun.

message 8: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Eeek! Had a presentation today and the printer decided not to work, then found out my teacher didn't get my homework and I had to find her another copy :( Just not a good day for me...

message 9: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments I should be in bed right now considering my kids get up for school in a couple hours, but of course j couldn't put my book down. It's been a busy day of cleaning & chasing after my twins here. Will need lots of coffee in the morning.

message 10: by Moriah (last edited Mar 14, 2013 04:31AM) (new)

Moriah Lanell wrote: "I should be in bed right now considering my kids get up for school in a couple hours, but of course j couldn't put my book down. It's been a busy day of cleaning & chasing after my twins here. Will..."

I'm so understand this problem. You see the clock ran forward and can't put the book down and sleep.
"I got six hours to sleep if I go to sleep right now." "I have five hours from now," "I have three more hours if I'm asleep in half an hour..."
Eventually, you sleep for two hours and the next day you work like a zombie.

message 11: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments Yes, that's so true. To worsen things today, I woke up with a cold & feel worse than a zombie now. Lol

message 12: by Hafa (new)

Hafa Adai | 3 comments I am doing laundry, have bills to pay, endless amount of paperwork and mail to sort through etc.. but I can't stop taking breaks to read. I'm being held hostage by yet another series.

message 13: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (turtledino) | 6 comments Rosanna - It's great to meet another librarian on here!

I have a doctor appointment later today (fun!), but I hope to squeeze in some writing before that.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 3 comments Not feeling good today so I'm spending the day in bed reading & playing around on Goodreads.

message 15: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments :) My daughter was home from school sick today...AGAIN. What a joy! lol Went to her school to pick up her assignments, and uh, well, that's basically my day today. I'm just on here for a sec cause I started a new book and it's pretty awesome so far!!

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber Lynn | 54 comments After working all day, I am relaxing at home waiting for a hockey game to start on TV and icing my shoulder. Okay, weird thought about spreading frosting on my shoulder just entered my mind.

I am really wishing it wasn't hurting because it hit 50 today and my husband got his motorcycle out and rode it while I was at work. I call no fair.

message 17: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments We had sports day today and my team (Red) came first again in the "Support Shield" and third in the "Athletic Shield" Better than the last two years, and we finally knocked the green team off their perch (Who had been winning for the past 4 years! :) But I got really bad sunburn, no fun :(

message 18: by Jill (new)

Jill (adecentmelody) I tried to take my two kitties outside to the grass for the first time ever (they are 9 months old--I'm over protective!). Couldn't make it down the stairs (I'm in a third floor apartment) without them freaking out.

Trying to control two kitties is difficult. So, I put one back in the apartment and took the other all the way down to the grass before setting him down. He looked overly concerned about life in general and bolted back up the stairs.

When I made it back up to the door myself, I heard the other kitty meow-crying on the other side because he'd been left alone. These two are never separated.

In conclusion, I've raised two literal scaredy-cats.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been sick this week, so I haven't been posting much! Sorry, guys! :(

Today I went to a book signing (I'm an author), and met some really great people. It was my third time at this bookstore (local), and the signing was pretty crowded. I got a few new books, and chatted with fellow authors and readers. I love getting out and meeting people!

message 20: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Jill wrote: "I tried to take my two kitties outside to the grass for the first time ever (they are 9 months old--I'm over protective!). Couldn't make it down the stairs (I'm in a third floor apartment) without ..."

Awwww, I had cats for a while, but they were always outside...so...they were fine :)

message 21: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sundays are my lazy day, so I'm gonna sit around on the computer & do some reading. I have corned beef in my slow cooker, & will be making shamrock shakes for the kids. The kids were so excited this morning when they saw the gold was missing from their leprechaun trap. My youngest is insisting he is on our roof! Lol

message 22: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments We took our little Hunter to get his shots today and now I'm watching the hubs work on our front steps.

message 23: by Eric J. (new)

Eric J. Gates (ericjgates) I've just posted a short thriller story on my profile page. Just a different way to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. And I'm not even Irish... my vampires are though in 'the CULL'! Does that count?

message 24: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Haha, I guess it does :)

Well, i'm at school, so unlimited internet, what's to hate? :) I've got a lot of reading to do, and they look like some really awesome books!! :)

message 25: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Patricks (jacquelinepatricks) | 50 comments Recovering from a long, long busy shift on the ambulance yesterday. 24 hours, almost no sleep and calls all day and all night. Came home this morning and slept until this afternoon. Ugh. Not good for the circadian rhythms but good from my brain.

message 26: by Ali (new)

Ali Cooper (BurnThePhotos) | 1 comments ReadingChain Reaction
Finishing the series so I can move to the next one..
But this one is GREAT ! Not that I want to get away from it ! :D

message 27: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 44 comments Very uneventful day. I pretty much stayed in most of the day. Made a late breakfast at 11:30am. Didn't take a shower until 3pm. Dropped the boyfriend's daughter home just after 6pm and went to B&N for dinner and reading until 9pm. Now I'm home again. Fun!! The boyfriend works at a bar, so of course he had to go in early to work on St. Patty's Day.

message 28: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments I'm so glad I posted this. It's neat to get a peek into all of your lives!! :)

Today, I'm brainstorming. No, I'm not writing a book, silly jelly beans...I'm creating categories for our Birthday Lollapalooza....oh yeah....fun stuff!

I am also reading and making notes on a wonderful Beta book by our very own Michele!! Very exciting stuff!

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments Today is Laundry ... Ugh! LOL! :) After that, we'll see what the day brings! :)

message 30: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments Today I did a little cleaning, watched last night's finale of PLL, & made some gumbo for my slow cooker.

message 31: by Amber (new)

Amber Bridges | 8 comments I am trying to figure out why I am still awake at 3:47 am (eastern time) and not asleep. Well, I guess one possibility could be that I love this website GoodReads and this group I just joined.

message 32: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Yay!! :)

message 33: by Kyla (new)

Kyla I'm going on a three day vacation! Yes! :)

message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber Bridges | 8 comments That sounds fun Kyla.. Where you going on this vacation?

message 35: by Allan (new)

Allan Krummenacker (allankrummenacker) | 35 comments Kyla wrote: "I'm going on a three day vacation! Yes! :)"

Hope you have a wonderful time Kyla. Enjoy yourself.

message 36: by Allan (new)

Allan Krummenacker (allankrummenacker) | 35 comments As for myself, I've been holed up in my apartment for the last couple of weeks thanks to record high allergens and asthma triggers. This is not typical for the coast where I'm living. A lot of people are suffering like crazy and going out sparingly.

In the meantime, I'm taking advantage to work on book #2 in my Para-Earth series. My first novel "THE BRIDGE" is open under R2R and has 4 slots still available for anyone who wants in.

"THE SHIP" is coming along better and better. I already got the cover done. Just need to get the first draft completed and then start the editing. Just wish the pollens would finally go down and stay down so I could enjoy outdoors again.

message 37: by Allan (new)

Allan Krummenacker (allankrummenacker) | 35 comments Kyla wrote: "Thank you! :) It's in Pierre, South Dakota. I get to stay in a really nice hotel, rumored to be 5 starred! :D"

Nice! Have a great time.

message 38: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments I had a parent/teacher conference today. Science is not my daughter's forte. Ha! Is that supposed to surprise me????

message 39: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I just got my test back and got a 36% in science...18/50...

message 40: by Marylene (last edited Mar 22, 2013 07:44PM) (new)

Marylene | 44 comments After work (full 8 & 1/2 hr day) I went to dinner with some work friends for over 3 hours and then picked up my boyfriend's daughter from her school dance. Now I'm watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo while checking out my favorite site!

message 41: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Ray (sonya_ray) | 15 comments Pretty much on my laptop for the day then tonight going with some friends and family to hear a band play at Port Cape.

message 42: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Nacole (brandynacole) | 72 comments Researching for my next novel. Procrastinating on GR for a bit, hehe.

message 43: by Lanie (new)

Lanie Jordan (lanie_jordan) | 10 comments I just cleaned my fan out, because summer has struck again despite my pleas that it go away for a while longer.

Now I'm writing and feeling jealous of Cat#1 who is napping on my table.

message 44: by Shannyn (new)

Shannyn (shannynmm) | 4 comments Back to uni today. The travel is murder (2 different trains) but with my workload it's about the only time I can read at the moment so that's a bonus :)

message 45: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 44 comments Worked a full day. Came home to cook a nice dinner (rice&beans, pork chops, yucca & avocado). I have to drop of my boyfriend at his night job for 9pm and then have to pick him up at 2:30am. So much fun. 20 minutes away each way too. So much fun!!!

message 46: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Aan (BethanyAan) | 8 comments today? Wrote 1700 words on my sequel to Hearts of Ishira, watched last night's TV shows with the hubby while knitting a new cable pattern, and am now caffeinating so I can continue to write for the rest of the afternoon/evening. :D

I'm hoping my continued 'absence' from him (when I put the headphones on and ignore everything else while I write) will encourage the husband to finish up his durn college projects so he can actually graduate in May, like he's supposed to! :D

message 47: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments We had parent-teacher interviews today *bites nails* i luckily passed all classes, but got the same comment from all of them: "Well, she gets a bit...distracted..." *parents glare at me* *shrink in my seat* Parents to teacher: "Distracted how, exactly." *teacher looks uncomfortable* *shuffles papers* "Well, whenever she's on the school laptop..." *Parent's glare at me again* "Goodreads?" Teacher asks. Parents sigh and nod.

:) But I do my work I swear! XD And then one of the teachers said that I read a lot, and my parents wre like "Well, we don't want to discourage her from reading..." so I got off pretty good! And I passed all classes! :) :) :)

message 48: by Mark (new)

Mark (Mark_N) | 4 comments Have to get my truck into the shop for some smog repairs, then picking up " Plague Nation " from Barnes and Noble. Been waiting for this book, the first in the series " Plague Town " was awesome.

message 49: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (mrsbudryzer) | 371 comments Gabby wrote: "We had parent-teacher interviews today *bites nails* i luckily passed all classes, but got the same comment from all of them: "Well, she gets a bit...distracted..." *parents glare at me* *shrink in..."

lol, that's pretty funny Gabs!!! Glad you passed all your classes or you might have been parentally banned from Goodreads!!!!!!!!! GASP!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

message 50: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Cristina wrote: "Gabby wrote: "We had parent-teacher interviews today *bites nails* i luckily passed all classes, but got the same comment from all of them: "Well, she gets a bit...distracted..." *parents glare at ..."

Lol! I was so lucky!! :)

« previous 1