The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by HZar (new)

HZar Worth | 66 comments The Canarsie Flash, our self published novella.

message 2: by Ericka (new)

Ericka annamarie (annamarielebeau) hello, i'm new to this site as well. just found it last night and already i can see my self checking this site everyday for any intresting conversations on one of the things i love most; books.

i have always loved to read. i remember being a young girl in elementy school picking out every chapter book i could find in the library that was filled with horror stories. since that day my taste has expanded to all sorts of genres but my love for books has only grown.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (christinekinsella) | 63 comments Stephen wrote: "Hello everyone,

I have just discovered this site and am excited about discussing/conversing with other people about liter
ature and books I love.

Has anyone read 'Simon Mawer' 'The Glass House'? ..."

Hi Steve - welcome. I joined goodreads for much the same reason - to get good recommendations. I then found the groups and belong to a few that are really fun. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Did you mean The Glass Room by Simon Mawer (I didn't find The Glass House). In any event, I'll be checking this one out - it does look pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 4: by Becca (new)

Becca Nyx | 4 comments Hello! I'm new too!

message 5: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments hey, welcome fellow book addict! :)

message 6: by Madhuri (new)

Madhuri | 3 comments I'm new to this site and I got the app for it and it really helps to introduce new books and start discussions about some books. I can't always talk about my favourite books at school because not many people read them or like them so it's nice to have people to discuss and debate with.

message 7: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Stephen wrote: "Hello everyone,

I have just discovered this site and am excited about discussing/conversing with other people about liter
ature and books I love.

message 8: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welscome! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

message 9: by Ghia (new)

Ghia Somblingo | 10 comments Hello everyone! My name is Ghia and I am from the Philippines. I have just started a book blog. Hope you can check it out or follow it! Thanks!

http://bookwormgodddess.wordpress.com/

message 10: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welcome Ghia!

message 11: by Jericha (new)

Jericha Cher | 1 comments Hi! :) I'm just new in joining groups here. ;)

message 12: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 114 comments Jericha wrote: "Hi! :) I'm just new in joining groups here. ;)"

Welcome Jericha... glad to have you among us...

message 13: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welcome Jericha!

message 14: by Amee (new)

Amee | 99 comments Hi Ghia., i'm also from the Philippines.welcome

message 15: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (darkreader-tt) | 24 comments Hi, I'm Teresa. I'm from Australia and i'm joining this group! :)

message 16: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaplath) Hello everyone!! :) Nice to meet you all

message 17: by Coralie (new)

Coralie Hi there ! I'm Coralie, when I saw the name of this group I was like 'Oh that's exactly the definition of my life' :) Nice to meet you !

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Pattzy. Nice to meet you!

message 19: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (darkreader-tt) | 24 comments Welcome everyone to the group! :))

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (missie322) Welcome to all the new members!!

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) Hey!

I received an invite to this group and I accepted. I am glad I did.

I am a mother of 2 teenage daughters, wife of 16 yrs,and have a nice career at a major utility company in NYC. I reside in Queens,NY. And I am an avid book reader. I love, love books.

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne | 32 comments Hi ya'll,
I'm new here, too. I have been looking for an eclectic book club and it looks like I found it. I read several genres, many authors. I love Jodi Picoult, Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Alice Hoffman, Dean Koontz, Tom Robbins and many more. I am currently rereading the Dark Tower series and City of Fallen Angels. Looking forward to some good discussion.
Anne Marie

message 23: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Veronica wrote: "Hey!

I received an invite to this group and I accepted. I am glad I did.

I am a mother of 2 teenage daughters, wife of 16 yrs,and have a nice career at a major utility company in NYC. I reside i..."

message 24: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Wecome Veronica!

message 25: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Anne wrote: "Hi ya'll,
I'm new here, too. I have been looking for an eclectic book club and it looks like I found it. I read several genres, many authors. I love Jodi Picoult, Stephen King, Nora Roberts..."

message 26: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welcome Anne!

message 27: by Lois Ella (new)

Lois Ella (miskyella) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Lois. Ever since I was a child I have been madly in love with good books. I will read anything once, but I'll only read more than once the books that I love ♫

message 28: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Lois Ella wrote: "Hi, my name is Lois. Ever since I was a child I have been madly in love with good books. I will read anything once, but I'll only read more than once the books that I love ♫"

message 29: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welcome Lois Ella!

message 30: by Thoughtmix (new)

Thoughtmix | 6 comments @Stephen I'm new here too and am passionate about my favorite books too! I'm looking forward to some great discussions and debates.

If anyone is trying to establish a network of people for debate/discussion, let me know!

My interests are more far-reaching than most of the people in my life so I figure this website would be a great outlet for my love of books and writing.

message 31: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Thoughtmix wrote: "@Stephen I'm new here too and am passionate about my favorite books too! I'm looking forward to some great discussions and debates.

If anyone is trying to establish a network of people for debate/..."

message 32: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welcome Thoughtmix!

message 33: by Bill (new)

Bill | 9 comments I am also new, I write plays, poetry as well as articles and I blog about football. I have taught in the past and I have found a few former students on Goodreads.

message 34: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Bill wrote: "I am also new, I write plays, poetry as well as articles and I blog about football. I have taught in the past and I have found a few former students on Goodreads."

message 35: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Scaramuzzo | 55 comments Welcome Bill!

message 36: by Bill (new)

Bill | 9 comments Thank you!

message 37: by Rincess (new)

Rincess | 24 comments Hey! What's up, peeps? I'm pretty new in this group, and I hope you don't mind newbies. Really love books, though I've got a grating hatred for most YA romances...uh, whoops =)).

Anyway, I'm 16 and other than reading, I enjoy playing video games and, well, that's about it! Going to college after summer this year. Hooray!

message 38: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (ayanadia) | 4 comments ShAdOwBrEaK wrote: "Hey! What's up, peeps? I'm pretty new in this group, and I hope you don't mind newbies. Really love books, though I've got a grating hatred for most YA romances...uh, whoops =)).

Anyway, I'm 16 an..."

Congrats! Where are you going?
And welcome~

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello I'm new to this group.
I love to read. Mostly fantasies and fiction with just a bit of romance.
I'm 13 and I get addicted to books that have good fantasy

message 40: by Angel (new)

Angel (angel4sue) | 48 comments Books are what keep me out of trouble. Therefore I have been doing quite a bit of reading in the last 2 years. Before that it was video games. I just joined last weekend and I am finding I really like this book club. So thanks for being here. Peace Angel

message 41: by Angel (new)

Angel (angel4sue) | 48 comments Also, am I correct in believing this club only started on January 5th 2013? If so boy it is spreading like wildfire. keep up the good work fellow bookworms

message 42: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 1 comments hi, im ellie! im new here and cant wait to meet new people and new books. also check out my blog- www.ellietheblogger.blogspot.com! thank you!

message 43: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 433 comments Hey, I am new to this group. I joined goodreads at the beginning of the year when I stumbled on the website while looking for good recommendations. As much as I have read (which is a lot) I have never been in a book club before. Looking forward to the discussions with all of you guys!!

message 44: by Bill (new)

Bill | 9 comments Welcome to all the new members: Ghia, Steve, Nur, Megnha, ShAdOwBrEaK.

Stephen wrote: "Hello everyone,

ature and books I love.

message 45: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 215 comments I am new to the group and am enjoying being a part of it.

message 46: by tony (new)

w tony Hi, I'm Tony, I am from Mexico. Hope to have fun in here.

message 47: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (newdress) | 1 comments Thanks, I have just purchased both books although complete. I will pick up the next once advertised.
Happy Easter All

message 48: by Zeli (new)

Zeli Hello Book Addicts

I'm new. I'm primarily here to join in with the BOTM in the hope I will discover good books that I might not have picked up. :)
It will be wonderful to be able to discuss them with the group.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm new too! This looks like a really interesting group and I'm surprised at how HUGE it is. Has anyone read Tell the Wolves I'm home by Carol Rifka Brunt? I'm desperately trying to find someone else who loves it.

message 50: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (justiceflea) | 7 comments I am new here too. I love to read and have been reading since I was 2 years old...now 35 years later I am still enjoying the written world. I just recently went from actual books to the Kindle Fire and I am enjoying reading in a new way.

I can't wait to see what kinds of books you are reading in here.

« previous 1 3