What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > survival book

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel (new)

Angel Lopez | 4 comments I'm looking for a book about a girl involved in a plane crash into a island i think, she survives and learns to survive with the little food she had (it was a cake and some candy) while looking for a way out of the island. I can't remember anything, no book title, no author name. It's cause i read it in the 3rd grade back in 2000-2001. If anyone can help me I'll appreciate it a lot.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Maybe Trial by Wilderness?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27...

message 3: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 314 comments Reminds me of Hatchet by Gary Paulson except the characters a boy in that http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Is it fiction? If not, there's a famous story of a girl who was the sole survivor of a plane that broke up in midair - she fell 10,000 feet through the air and landed in a jungle.

When I Fell from the Sky: The True Story of One Woman's Miraculous Survival

message 5: by Angel (new)

Angel Lopez | 4 comments I'm not sure if it was fiction or not. I just remember bits and pieces of the book. She had a broken collar bone, I think she had a dress as the only clothing, the cake and candy, I think it was her birthday on the day of the plane crashing and her mother dies on the plane crash. can't remember too much on it.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

In the one I linked to @4, her mother (view spoiler). It happened in the early 1970s.

message 7: by Angel (new)

Angel Lopez | 4 comments I researched all of them and I think "when I fell from the sky" might be the one. I'll still try to look into it.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Yes, the wiki says she broke her collarbone and survived on some candies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliane_...

message 9: by Angel (new)

Angel Lopez | 4 comments I think/hope that's the one. I'll get it and read it to see. Thanks.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Be sure to let us know if that's the right one Angel. Inquiring (and nosey) minds want to know. :o)

message 11: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Is this solved or do you need more suggestions?

Justanotherbiblophile | 1756 comments I think this should go live in the possibly solved folder until she checks the book that she says looks like it might be it.... If it's not, then it can be put back in unsolved and bumped.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Moving to possibly solved. Hopefully we'll hear back from Angel.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Angel, any update?