Who's Your Author? discussion

Let's talk about... > Awesome authors

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Recently I see a lot about authors who do not handle negative reviews well. What I do not seem to see are threads about really cool author/reader experiences.
So I thought we should start one.

Have you met an author who was just fabulous or really cool to talk to?

Who is a great author that you admire or think highly of?

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephsBookRetreat) | 29 comments I'm good friends with a few indie authors (Dana delamar, Sharon Hamilton, J.S. Marlow, K.C. Klein - just to name a few) we talk about family, life, they see pics of my family. Sweet ladies. I get to meet a couple this summer hopefully a few more.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Dawn wrote: "Recently I see a lot about authors who do not handle negative reviews well. What I do not seem to see are threads about really cool author/reader experiences.
So I thought we should start one.

Hav..."

Sure
D.B. Reynolds author of Vampires in America series and IMO one of the finest Vamps out currently. Don't be fooled by the covers lol
She is a wonderfull person and thinks of her fans often.

Cherise Sinclair has a ménage PNR series out and she is just the sweetest person.

Most indies I've had a pleasure of chatting up were very nice and I read a lot of those. But yes there are always those who just can't help it and don't really interact well when criticized, but I found those are few among many.

message 4: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments I've enjoyed getting to know S.E. Lund. She's an indie author who has a great vampire series out. She's super cool to talk to and enjoys honest feed back about her work.

Dominion (Dominion, #1) by S.E. Lund Ascension (Dominion, #2) by S.E. Lund Retribution (Dominion, #3) by S.E. Lund

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments I've e-mailed and received a quick kind response from Sunny regarding her Mona Lisa Awakening series.

Also Kaitlyn O'Connor responds quickly and seems very nice.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahjbailey) | 21 comments I love Sunny and the mona Lisa series. What did she have to say.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments I e-mailed her about how I loved the series and asked when the next book was coming out. She had quite a long time between the publishing dates of the last two books. She talked about how she was going to writing a mystery. She has a website and that's where I contacted her.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Alisa wrote: "I've enjoyed getting to know S.E. Lund. She's an indie author who has a great vampire series out. She's super cool to talk to and enjoys honest feed back about her work.

[bookcover:Dominion|15..."

That series had a lot of hype on GR and I tried the first book. It was good. Her second book was just a freebie on the 12th n so I'll give it a go.

M

message 9: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Mistik wrote: "Alisa wrote: "I've enjoyed getting to know S.E. Lund. She's an indie author who has a great vampire series out. She's super cool to talk to and enjoys honest feed back about her work.

[bookcov..."

I liked that series. All three books are really just one long story. It kind of messes with your head in the next two as to who are the good guys and who are the bad. The fourth in the series will be out this summer.

message 10: by Mike (new)

Mike | 353 comments I have had wonderful conversations and experiences with,ThomasSniegoski,Karen Chance, Joe Abercrombie, Jim Butcher,Mary Janice Davidson, George Martin,Patricia Briggs, and Janet Evanovich. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple more.

message 11: by Karena (new)

Karena (karenafagan) I've chatted with Kevin Hearne on Twitter a few times. He's really a nice guy! Also while not PN/UF, Nora Roberts/JD Robb answers questions on the ADWOFF message boards.

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments While not an author Mike Briggs is awesome. While I have never spoken to I appreciate all of the efforts Ilona Andrews puts towards her fans.