YA Bookaholics discussion

Archives > Writers ~ Promote Your Books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Do you write? Here's the folder where you can share your pieces of writing for feedback from the group.

message 2: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 10 comments I'm currently writing a story called Restricted Love on here actually.

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericalaurie) | 1 comments Miranda, do you mean you are posting it here on goodreads somewhere? What kind of story are you writing?

Have you ever participated in NaNo?

message 4: by Troy (last edited Mar 19, 2013 08:22AM) (new)

Troy CLE (troycle) | 5 comments Hello everyone I am Troy CLE and the author of the Marvelous World series (Simon and Schuster and Random House Listening Library Audio). Here is a link to all of my books.

http://marvelousworld.com/the-books/

Here is a link to my novella The Young Armada: Sacred Destination. There is a full synopsis and excerpt:

http://marvelousworld.com/the-books/t...

Please add me as a friend and ask me any questions that you like. I look forward to gaining new readers and friends. I of course would like feedback on what you all think. :)

message 5: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments hello everyone i'm starting to write this YA, Chicklit story and i'd like you to help me with the charachers names..

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Okay. What's it about?

message 7: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments The story is about a girl who talks about her experiences in her life, being a teenager and feeling misunderstood.

The principal character's name is relevant to the story because since she was a child she has always been mocked about having a uncommon name (wich i dont know yet), most people who didnt know the name had trouble with the ponounciation so she sometimes changed her name, and pretend to be somebody else.
She character, is an insecure girl, she has always settles with the friends and company she can get, she has always felt different from the rest and has the tendency of getting depressed by the feeling of loneliness.

The best friend, is a girl who is loved by everyone, everyone wants to be her friend, she's really pretty but she doesnt accept it, she's always complaining about having no friends and that she's not good or pretty enough. She doesnt express love to the principal character, so it's a weird relationship.

The third character is a random guy who is a player, he doesnt care about other people, or general girls he just wants to hung out with them for a while and then go to the next one, no feelings attatched.

the fourth character i thought about is the teacher's assistant, he is a few years older than the principal character and she has felt things for him since the first time she saw him. He doesnt speek much, but his presence lights up the room and make people simle.

The final character so far is this girl who used to be the principal character's friend, they were so tight and now she completely forgot about her, she is considered an "easy girl" she has no respect for herself or anyone else, no girl code!

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Dalu wrote: "The story is about a girl who talks about her experiences in her life, being a teenager and feeling misunderstood.

The principal character's name is relevant to the story because since she was a ..."

Do you still need help with names? I'm not very good with good names. For some reason, the name Robin was swimming around in my head around the time I read the descriptions.

message 9: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments Kaitlin wrote: "Dalu wrote: "The story is about a girl who talks about her experiences in her life, being a teenager and feeling misunderstood.

The principal character's name is relevant to the story because si..."

Sure, i'd add some names soon

message 10: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 38 comments hey gusy i just posted the third chapter of my YA novel called " Dark love symptom"
here you can read the first three chapters and maybe give me your reviews, hope you like it!
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 11: by Joy (new)

Joy Casey (joycasey) | 5 comments Hi Everyone!

Here's a link to my first YA novel, Betting on Fate.

It is the first book of what will likely be a trilogy. We are hard at work on the second book right now.

You can read an excerpt of the first few chapters on the book page. We are also hosting a giveaway that ends May 9th.

I would love to get to know more readers and authors so please feel free to friend / contact me. Feedback is always appreciated!

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I've got to say this: that book sounds really interesting. You got me interested.

message 13: by J.T. (new)

J.T. Holden | 3 comments Hello. I am the author of Alice in Verse: The Lost Rhymes of Wonderland and Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems. For those of you who've read my books of rhyming poetry, this may come as a bit of a shock. My new book, The Boys From Manchester, is a novel.

Please don't run away just yet. It's actually a pretty cool novel that pushes the boundaries of two genres — the coming of age story and the action story — with all sorts of dark and intriguing twists and turns along the way.

I know, I know, it's still not the wickedly delicious rhyming poetry I'm best known for. But I do believe it's worth a peek.

So, here's my pitch:

Read the brief description at B&N, Amazon, or iTunes. If it grabs your fancy, read the first chapter. If you like that, read the other sample chapters. If you then feel that your life simply won't be complete without finishing it (or if you just think it's worth the price and have the inclination to find out what these two boys from Manchester are up to), buy it, read it, and let me (and other Goodreaders) know what you think of it.

Thanks and best wishes,

J.T. Holden

message 14: by Katie (last edited May 25, 2013 12:24PM) (new)

Katie Boord (katieboord) | 28 comments I participated in National Novel Writing Month last year, and I've posted the first chapter of my novel here on Goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/1...

I'd love it if you'd read it and tell me what you think!

message 15: by Bec (last edited Jun 23, 2013 11:31PM) (new)

Bec | 1 comments I'm writting a book on wattpad and when i finish it i may upload it here. It is called Kiss of Death...

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah McCormick (smccormick) | 3 comments I am posting here information on my husband's YA Fantasy: Samhain School of Ancient Knowledge is available on amazon.com (Kindle edition).

You can read a description on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Samhain-School-...

Samhain School of Ancient Knowledge

I would love it if more people had a chance to read this and provide feedback.
Thank you