Talker's Graduation (Talker, #3) Talker's Graduation discussion

Buddy Read Part III - This Weekend. Join Us!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog description

Hi, Guilia ( http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/58... ) and I are going to start reading Talker's Graduation this weekend. We had a great time reading and discussing Talker and Talker's Redemption a couple of weeks ago and just had to go ahead and get right to book 3 in the series.

If you haven't read it yet, or even if you have and just want to keep us company, please join in.

Please NO SPOILERS, as this is our first read. Thanks!

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Yes, I'm lazy and copy and pasted that from our last discussion. :)

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Okay, getting geared up to read tonight. I just picked up Talker's Graduation. I think Giulia has already beaten me to it.

Giulia No, I haven't started yet Lisa. I'm too busy drooling over Henry Cavill in the Tudors at the moment. But shall be reading later on.

Giulia Yes, he is. Very talented too.

Giulia Lisa, was attempting to stalk your shelves. They are über organized. I feel like I need to go shelve mine more thoroughly.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog I'm always wanting to get to them and clean 'em up. Heh, just like housework :/

Giulia I did some reorganizing of the shelves whist Henry was off screen ;) Could probably use done more though.

Just about to start TG :)

Giulia 45% done and I want to cry. Talker really realizing how much Brian loved him is so beautiful.

Jessica How did I miss this?

Giulia Don't know, but join us now! I finished the book last night and thought it was the best one.

Jessica Oh God, yes. To compare the place they were at in the first book to the place they are at the end of the last book is just astounding.

Giulia And talk about how far Talker has come! I just smiled when he started working where he was working at the end, it was the perfect fit.

Lisa, where are you in this book?

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Sorry I flaked out yesterday.

I just finished and oh, what a beautiful, lovely, heart-warming ending.

I absolutely love where they've ended up. It fits them perfectly. I have to admit that I was hoping Shelley was going to be more in their lives, but that would have been too much. Someday maybe.

Awwww, I'm just living in the glow right now :)

Giulia Yay, Lisa finished! And she loved it :D Fav scenes ladies, what are yours? Mine is when Talker overhears Brian defending him to Mark. I lived that he got to see/hear how Brian felt about him and really accept that Brian 100% loved him.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog I think I'd have to agree with you on fav scene Giulia. That was pivotal.

I also love the "love making" scene after the museum party. That's when Talker realized that Brian Needed him too.

Giulia Yes, that was a good scene too. It wasn't lengthy it anything, but the role reversal and emotion told a lot about Talker's growth.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Yeah, maybe that was the most special thing...Talker realizing that he could take handle more than he ever thought he could. He truly had graduated. The fact that he was able to pass that faith along is very special.

Giulia Yes, it really was :) I LOVED that he reached out to kids. Not just because he'd gone through the foster system or because he'd been through a terrible ordeal with the fire and scars and his own self image etc But just because it made sense for who he was. He was so childlike in a lot of ways. I could totally see kids connecting to him and feeling comfortable with him.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog He can definitely connect, he already knows what they're thinking. In my mind, Talker goes on to get his degree in Social Work and makes a difference. I wonder if authors mind us deciding what happens to their characters?

I hope not. I hope Amy knows it's just because she made us care so much :)

Giulia I could totally Talker in social work. Well, books always ask us to draw our own conclusions by the clues they leave us.

What did you think of Brian as an artist? I didn't see it coming at all, but considering how sensitive he is, it fit.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog What I loved most about Brian being an artist is that it gave him is voice. How perfectly fitting is that? I didn't see it coming either.

Why do you think Mark didn't come for Christmas Eve dinner. I though he had come to terms with his feelings for Brian. I don't think he was afraid of Talker. Would it just have been too hard to be in his ex-boyfriends house?

Giulia I think Mark accepted that Brian loved Talker. I think there was even apart of him that was okay with that. But I didn't get the feeling that Mark was over Brian. So that could be apart of why he didn't want to join them for dinner.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog That sounds right.

I'm thinkin' I need to find some pics of surfer boys :)

The description of Talker's brain-fish really helped me understand how he thought.

Giulia He's ADHD. That's what that description told me.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Ah ADHD, right. But the visual gave me a different way to comprehend what goes on in his head; how it feels to him.

I wonder if we'll get, or if we want a "ten years later" novella or something?

Giulia Yeah, the visual does a good job illustrating what people with ADHD endure. Imagine would it be like for your thoughts to dart off like that.

A ten years later book would be neat. But who knows if that will happen.

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Well my dear, I am really glad we read these books together. I don't know if we could have picked a more perfect trio of books for a buddy read. Talker and Brian will definitely remain in my heart and our discussions about them has just been lovely. Thanks for sharing this with me.

Giulia Any time! We'll have to do it again. We just need to find the right book ;)

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog Well, when you get to Country Mouse and City Mouse Amy Lane/Aleksandr Voinov, get in touch with me. You are going to want to talk about those. Super sexy, great MC's and sweet romance too.

Giulia Will do!