Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) Taking Chances discussion

So upset!!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aimee I couldn't even finish the book. After Chase dies. I mean I waited half the book for Chase and Harper to finally get together and she kills him off. I never could like Brandon!

Julie Amy wrote: "I couldn't even finish the book. After Chase dies. I mean I waited half the book for Chase and Harper to finally get together and she kills him off. I never could like Brandon!"

You have to finish the book, Brandon is completely selfless and does some pretty amazing things.

Hayley im the same i couldnt finish it i got emotional when chase died then got mad that he was killed off! i refused to read the rest

message 4: by Cha (new) - rated it 1 star

Cha Amy wrote: "I couldn't even finish the book. After Chase dies. I mean I waited half the book for Chase and Harper to finally get together and she kills him off. I never could like Brandon!"

I'm like you pissed that Chase was killed off. I did read the rest of the book and was still pissed if not even more.Brandon is a good guy ,but if you liked Chase more then just read reviews or skim the book. Who kills off a main charachter like that?... and makes there next book about his side of the story?

Dddimples I just finished reading this. I feel so horrible for Chase...After what he and Harper went thorugh, they finally had their chance and then he DIES?!!! R U KIDDING ME? I mean, I love Brandon, he is so selfless and amazing but still.... Chase.....

NinaReader Oh I love that there's new discussion about this. It's been months and months since I've read this and I'm sorry I did! I WAS SO FREAKIN' UPSET TOO!!! I vow not to read anything else from this author. I have NEVER been as upset as I was with this book. I was sooooooooooo invested and FINALLY they get together and he dies! WTH???? Hated it! Not for me at all!!!! Like I said, it's been months and I can still feel the pain. There was no joy. I just stayed upset the whole time I was trying to finish it. Awful!!!!!

Hayley Faiman Think about this though... it is a good book and Molly is amazing because if she can write something that illecits such strong feelings isn't that the sign of a good writer? I like to think so! I really liked her book "From Ashes" you will like it.. it has a HAE ending.

Hayley I admit she is a brilliant writer and i have been wanting to read 'from ashes' i cant bring myself to thinking this isnt going to be any different

NinaReader Hayley wrote: "Think about this though... it is a good book and Molly is amazing because if she can write something that illecits such strong feelings isn't that the sign of a good writer? I like to think so! I r..."

The thing is I didn't like the book though. I mean, other books have upset me but after Chase died, nothing in the book really redeemed that for me to even say it was a good book. Just my opinion. I know other books that I loved that really illicits strong emotions but for a reason. This to me didn't.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I did the same when Chase died I was like Errr what the f**k!!
I refused to read the rest as soon I read he died!

Hayley Faiman Hayley wrote: "I admit she is a brilliant writer and i have been wanting to read 'from ashes' i cant bring myself to thinking this isnt going to be any different"

From Ashes is emotional.. it is.. but it has the feel good happy ending, if thats what you're afraid of.

Hayley Hayley wrote: "Hayley wrote: "I admit she is a brilliant writer and i have been wanting to read 'from ashes' i cant bring myself to thinking this isnt going to be any different"

From Ashes is emotional.. it is....."

yes that was what i was worried about but now i know it wont be like this one i will read it :)

message 13: by Aimee (new) - rated it 1 star

Aimee Ninareader

I totally agree with you 100 %!!!!
I still after two days feel his loss. As for Brandon still don't like him! I know he was a stand up kind of guy but he bugged me

message 14: by Aimee (new) - rated it 1 star

Aimee Actually I would have to disagree that this writer is good. She does illicit strong feelings but they are negative! I mean did she really have to put in the story where Chase is accused of cheating and immediately DIES!!!
Who does that?????

message 15: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Hayley wrote: "I admit she is a brilliant writer and i have been wanting to read 'from ashes' i cant bring myself to thinking this isnt going to be any different"

From Ashes is Very Very Good.. I felt the same way about Taking Chances....Still Read From Ashes......

message 16: by Dddimples (last edited Mar 13, 2013 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dddimples "Hayley wrote: "I admit she is a brilliant writer and i have been wanting to read 'from ashes' i cant bring myself to thinking this isnt going to be any different"

From Ashes is Very Very Good.. I ..."

I wasn't sure if I should read Ashes, I don't want to have that disappointment again, but since a couple of you posted that it's good, I might try it in a few days. Maybe after I've recovered a little from my loss... Chase...

Stephanie Sheffy This book broke my heart. While I liked that Brandon was so selfless; I never got past Chase dying. It still doesn't sit well with me and I found myself telling people not to read it because it was so heart breaking.

I was very apprehensive about reading From Ashes but I was pleasantly surprised.

Mindy I hated that they just killed him off. I was team Chase and his whole killing story was like a paragraph long. It was so abrupt and I didn't see it coming at all. The book ended alright but I hated that the author made the only outcome to this triangle was for Chase to die.

message 19: by Pam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pam Stephanie wrote: "This book broke my heart. While I liked that Brandon was so selfless; I never got past Chase dying. It still doesn't sit well with me and I found myself telling people not to read it because it w..."

I have no desire to read Stealing Harper.. Why on earth would I wanna put myself through that again!!

Mindy I agree, Pamela.. I have no desire to read it either.

Xaria (Smut Junkie) Totally agreed. Chase dying was really disturbing. I'm sorry to say that I would never ever read any book from the said author 'cause I don't want to encounter such emotional yet too disturbing stories like that ever again.

Caitlin I hated Chase dying and really didn't like the last half of the book. It just wasn't right at all. BUT From Ashes is not like that. i loved the whole book. It is emotional but nothing like the heartache from Taking Chances. It really does have a Happy Ending.

Mallory ~*Smut Pusher*~ Glad to know I'm not alone. I just finished the book this weekend and was in total shock after reading Chase died. I literally shouted out "NOOOO!" Although I DID like Brandon, maybe b/c he was just so sweet and an all around good guy. I too have no desire to read "Stealing Harper". We all know how his story ends so why the heck would I want to re-live through that tragedy? Even after a few days of finishing the book, I still feel sad about Chase's death. I'm not sure it was necessary to have killed him off. Don't know if I'll read something else from this author.

Jennifer Thomas I read Taking Chances last week and got to meet Molly on Saturday at the LA Author Event. She is really a sweet gal, nothing like I expected. Since I had just finished the book about 12 hours before meeting her and it was fresh for me and we talked about what it was like for her to write Chase's death. Chase's death happened organically when she was writing, she really didn't plan it, and she cried a lot when it happened. Her husband told her she was the boss and could change it, but it setup the rest of the story and all the pieces fell in place for her, so she felt compelled to leave it as she wrote it the first time. It felt right. She doesn't feel like she killed him off out of convenience. She did tell me that from the beginning of the story, Harper was meant to end up with Brandon. Why she cheated? Well,I didn't ask her about that, but my guess is that people make mistakes and sometimes passion gets the best of you. We also discussed Stealing Harper and she says that there are important scenes in that book that really get into Chase's head and what he was thinking right before he died. She made it sound like it was worth reading, but she is the author, so that's her job.

NinaReader Jennifer wrote: "I read Taking Chances last week and got to meet Molly on Saturday at the LA Author Event. She is really a sweet gal, nothing like I expected. Since I had just finished the book about 12 hours befor..."

I appreciate the update and insight from the author. Personally it's still to this day (and it's been since last year when I read the book) that it still upsets me. I will (no - I have to) leave it alone. Thanks though.