The Cold War discussion

Manhattan project and consequences

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nanci (new)

Nanci Svensson | 2 comments Can't find a group about books about Los alamos & Oppenheimer, do you know of one? I need new reading material

message 2: by Laurence (new)

Laurence | 7 comments Don't know about a group, but have you read "Dark Sun" or maybe "Genious" which is Richard Feynman's bio. He worked at Los Alamos on the bomb.

message 3: by Nanci (new)

Nanci Svensson | 2 comments I've read all of gleick's and Rhodes work. Rhodes is in a league I of his own though, he's phenomenal.... I liked Gleick's Feynman book but some of his other stuff hasn't interested me as much (oddly neither chaos or information theory interests me)....

message 4: by Now and Then (new)

Now and Then Reader | 1 comments Nanci wrote: "Can't find a group about books about Los alamos & Oppenheimer, do you know of one? I need new reading material"

Hi Nanci,

We actually released two titles that directly pertain to your interest. Feel free to check them out on our website.

At Los Alamos - Learning to Love the Bomb

Oppenheimer's Lives: Reflections on the Father of the Atomic Bomb

Hope you like them!

message 5: by Hongfei (new)

Hongfei Shi | 1 comments I am also interested at this topic, and now conducting my research at National Archives.

message 6: by Laurence (new)

Laurence | 7 comments This got very good reviews and the Pulitzer Prize for biographies American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer
by Kai Bird