YA Books Make the World Go Round discussion

Introduce Yourself!!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Jackson (zoes_reads) | 28 comments Mod
My name is Zoe..I love to read! The most recent book I've finished is Fallen, by Lauren Oliver.
Please Introduce Yourself, and comment a fav, or most recently read book!

message 2: by April (new)

April | 2 comments Hi. My name is April. Nice to meet you Zoe! I love to read and write (it's basically all I do) and I love reading YA! A few of my favorite series are:
1) Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
2) Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
3) Hush Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatrick
4) Divergent by Veronica Roth
5) Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!

Those are just some of my favs! I figured it would be faster to list the series instead of all the books. My fav authors are also those authors (in no particular order)
1) Richelle Mead
2) Kami Garcia
3) Margaret Stohl
4) Veronica Roth
5) Suzanne Collins
6) Becca Fitzpatrick
7) Alyson Noel
8) Edgar Allan Poe

message 3: by Malika (new)

Malika (b00k_w0rm) | 7 comments Hi, my name is Malika and I'm excited to join this group! This is the first group I've joined so I'm excited to see how things go and what sort of things we'll be doing. I like most genres except fantasy and futuristic. Although I guess Twilight could be considered fantasy (and I loved it). For example, I just finished 'Uglies' by Scott Westerfield (genre is futuristic), I dind't enjoy it.

message 4: by Mckenzie (new)

Mckenzie (your_love_is_my_turning_page) | 1 comments Hey. My name is Mckenzie. I read, write, listen to music and draw. YA's my favorite genre. A few of my favorite series? Well...
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer

I pretty much like anything vampiric, werewolf-like, zombie-like, dystopian, LGBT, or romantic.

Nice to meet y'all! :)

message 5: by Zoe (last edited Mar 13, 2013 04:36AM) (new)

April wrote: "Hi. My name is April. Nice to meet you Zoe! I love to read and write (it's basically all I do) and I love reading YA! A few of my favorite series are:
1) Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margar..."

Hello April! Thanks for joining!
I've read at least one of all of your favorite books, with the exception of Vampire Academy, which i'd like to read soon. Great authors as well.
Thanks again! :)

message 6: by Zoe (last edited Mar 13, 2013 04:39AM) (new)

Malika wrote: "Hi, my name is Malika and I'm excited to join this group! This is the first group I've joined so I'm excited to see how things go and what sort of things we'll be doing. I like most genres except f..."

Hello Malika!
Wow! Your first bookclub? Cool! Thansk so much for joining! Big Twilight fan, huh? I enjoyed the first and last one, but New Moon, and Eclipse, not so much. Thats okay that you don't like fantasy, their are plenty of other books in the sea. :D

message 7: by Zoe (last edited Mar 13, 2013 01:17PM) (new)

Mckenzie wrote: "Hey. My name is Mckenzie. I read, write, listen to music and draw. YA's my favorite genre. A few of my favorite series? Well...
- The H..."

Hello Mckenzie!
Thnaks for joining! I love the Divergent series as well, and the Hunger Games. You mentioned some of my favorite genres, aside from zombie-like, whih ive never read/watched, with the exception of Warm Bodies. I really want to read that... have you seen/read it?

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) Hi my name is Jackie, i love books. Some of my fav YA books are Beautiful Creatures, Divurgent, Bloodlines,and Vanpire Academy.

message 9: by Zoe (new)

Jackie wrote: "Hi my name is Jackie, i love books. Some of my fav YA books are Beautiful Creatures, Divurgent, Bloodlines,and Vanpire Academy."

Hello Jackie!!
Great books! I am looking forward to reading Vampire Academy soon. Are they really that good?
Thanks for joining!!:D

message 10: by Zoe (new)

Michael wrote: "I lived in Asia for 12 years before returning to North Carolina in October 2011 with my lovely Australian wife and our lovely Calico cat. I think I remember how to drive. I've written 12 published ..."

Cool! We should all check out your books! Do you drive on the opposite side of the street in Asia? Thanks for joining in! :)

message 11: by Malika (new)

Malika (b00k_w0rm) | 7 comments Mckenzie wrote: "Hey. My name is Mckenzie. I read, write, listen to music and draw. YA's my favorite genre. A few of my favorite series? Well...
- The H..."

Hi there. I do some drawing too! There's a link on my page that I'd like you to check out. It's a video showing some of my drawings :)

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hiya everyone. I'm Sarah and I love reading, writing, photography and drawing :) The last book I read was The Everafter by Amy Huntley and I'm reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher at the moment :)

message 13: by Zoe (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hiya everyone. I'm Sarah and I love reading, writing, photography and drawing :) The last book I read was The Everafter by Amy Huntley and I'm reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher at the moment :)"

Hello, Sarah! Welcome! How was The Everafter? I sort of want to read it... :D thanks for joining!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Zoe wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Hiya everyone. I'm Sarah and I love reading, writing, photography and drawing :) The last book I read was The Everafter by Amy Huntley and I'm reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher at th..."

It was good :) it wasn't amazing though but certainly worth a read if you're interested in it.

message 15: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 1 comments Hi. My name is Maddy and I love to read!
My favorite series is the Hunger games by Suzanne Collins. Some of my favorite books are: (not in any particular order)
1.) Before I fall by Lauren Oliver
2.) The Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
3.) Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
4.) Sarah's key by Tatiana de Rosnay
5.) Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen
6.) The book thief by Makus Zusak
I'm really excited to join this book club. This is the first one that I have joined since I joined goodreads. Can't wait to meet the rest of the members :)

message 16: by Zoe (new)

Maddy wrote: "Hi. My name is Maddy and I love to read!
My favorite series is the Hunger games by Suzanne Collins. Some of my favorite books are: (not in any particular order)
1.) Before I fall by Lauren Oliver ..."

Hello Maddy!
I am currently sitting next to you in English class, but i will pretend that i am not....
As you know, i love THG as well as the Book Thief. As you also know, Before I Fall sucked in my humble opinion. Lol jk. But it left much to be desired. I did like Water for Elephants too!
See ya at lunch! <3

message 17: by Kristal (new)

Kristal McKerrington (kristal_mckerrington) | 2 comments Hi I'm Kristal McKerrington and I'm 27 years old. I'm from Scotland UK.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hi! My name is Sarah and I love reading! I have to always be reading a book. I can't say I have a favourite author or book but I love the Hush hush saga and Nicolas sparks books!