TIME FOR ROLEPLAY!!!!!!! discussion

One x one > Natasha & Rinji

Comments Showing 1-50 of 510 (510 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Any ideas?

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Not really. What about you?

message 3: by Rinji (new)

Rinji We could do a forbidden romance, forced marriage, high school, or something else.

message 4: by Natasha (ar y ffin) (last edited Mar 12, 2013 05:39PM) (new)

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) How about a forbidden romance? That sounds good.

message 5: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Sounds good. What kind of forbidden romance? Slave girl and masters son? King and peasant, prince and peasant, or what?

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Could we do a prince and peasant?

message 7: by Rinji (new)

Rinji sure. Do you play male or female?

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Can I be the female?

message 9: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Sure. I will work on my character when I can but I don't have the time before class to do it now. I will have it up when I can.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Ok. I have to go but I'll be on tomorrow.

message 11: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Okay. Not a problem.

message 12: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Name: Fredrick
Appearance: description His eyes are blue.
Personality: Has a kind heart but does not show it very often. He keeps to himself most of the time. He is quiet but will help who ever is in need of it.
History: His mother died in child birth leaving him to be raised by a nurse maid. He barely saw his father and that was a reason that he keeps to himself most of the time. As a child he used to play in the secrete passages of the castle and as he got older he would disappear from the castle and wander around the town outside the castle.
Other: Loves to read.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Name: Lynn

Appearance: [image error]

Lynn has dark blond hair and light blue eyes. Her hair is almost brown, but not quite. She is 5'5" and weighs 116 pounds.

Personality: Lynn is an energetic girl. She loves to help others out and takes great joy in it. Her favorite place is to sit by the elderly women of the village as they tell stories. She loves a good story as well. She can be quiet and calm, but that's not often. Her favorite season is winter because she loves the sight of snow. It doesn't bother her that she's a peasant, and will most likely never be more than that. She likes the simple life that she lives. Though she does wish that she could, just once, see what's beyond her village. She isn't too fond of horses, especially not after she was almost bitten by one as a child. She hates loud noises, especially thunder.

History: Lynn was born in the small village of Kinsler. Her mother died a month after Lynn was born, leaving Lynn's father to take care of her. Adam was a sheep farmer and Lynn often helped her father out. Her older brother went off and joined the army when she was 9. A few months later, they got the news that he'd died. Her father grew depressed and it was up to her to run the farm. She does so because she knows that without her help, they would be without a home. She wishes that she could move away from the village, but knows it's just about impossible.

Family: Adam (father), Jill (mother, deceased), and Langdon (brother, deceased)

Relationship Status: Single

Other: none

message 14: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Do you want to start us out or do you want me to?

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) I'll start. Just give me a couple of minutes.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn walked out of the house, the family sheepdog by her side. It was time to bring the sheep back to the farm from the pastures of Tim Baker. The job fell to her ever since her father had drawn away from the world. He hardly ever went outside, preferring to stay in his room. Tim had been nice enough to lend them the pastures for the summer and fall, since the grass hadn't grown back yet in theirs. She closed the door behind her and set off for Tim's farm, the loyal dog walking beside her.

message 17: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick sighed as he left the castle again quietly. He hated being cooped up in it all day with nothing to do but read. Sure he loved reading but there was only so many books you could read before you got bored. However if his father saw him outside the castle he would be in major trouble. He was a prince and was not allowed to leave the castle unattended. However he hated having to have the guards around him all the time. He liked his space. Looking around he smiled as she morning sun beat down on his skin.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn walked along the road, whacking long blades of grass with her staff. While she was grateful that Tim let the sheep eat the grass, she hated the long journey to his place. The farm was about a five miles past the capital city, almost a full days journey from the village. That meant that she would have to herd the sheep and keep them together while they walked through the crowded city. Which was not an easy task. As she walked, she hummed an old folk song she'd learned when she was little.

message 19: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick sighed and walked toward the town. He wanted to act like the rest of the people around him instead of being above them. Looking around he whistled softly to himself a lullaby that the woman who raised him had sang to him. Not paying any attention to where he was going, he accidentally bumped into a young woman with her dog. Catching her before she fell, he blushed slightly. "I am so, sorry. I really should look where I am going." he said quickly.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn hadn't really been watching where she was going either. She was too busy looking around the town. She stumbled backwards, almost falling as someone walked into her. She was grateful that the person had managed to catch her before she fell. "It's okay. I should've been watching where I was going too. It wasn't your fault," she said. He looked familiar, but she couldn't place why. Then again, she didn't come out here very often.

message 21: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick made sure she was steady before releasing her. Looking her over he wanted to make sure he had not hurt her. "Are you okay?" he asked his voice soft and calm. She was beautiful but seemed to be preoccupied. Glancing down he noticed her dog. Kneeling down he held his hand out to her dog and waited.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "I'm fine, thanks." She said. The dog cocked its head slightly to the left, trying to figure out what he wanted. Tris sniffed his hand before wagging her tail. She then placed her paw in his hand, expecting him to shake it. "I guess she likes you then. She'll only do that with people she likes." Lynn said.

message 23: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick smiled and gently shook the dogs hand. "So it would seem." he said and dropped the dogs paw. Slowly bringing his hand to the dogs head, he began scratching behind the dogs ear. "What is her name?"

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn smiled. Tris was sweet to those she loved and a terror to those she didn't. The girl was glad that he wasn't one of the people the dog hated. That wouldn't have been good. "Her name's Tris," she said. The dog whined as he dropped her paw, but stopped when he scratched her behind the ear. She leaned into the scratching, eventually lying down and begging for a belly rub. "She's a big baby most of the time."

message 25: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick laughed softly as Tris rolled onto her belly. He began to gently scratch her belly. "Tris, that is a very nice name." he said to the dog. A few moments later, he stood and looked to her. "My name is Fredrick." he said softly as he held out his hand to her.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn shook his hand. "I'm Lynn. It's nice to meet you," she said. Tris sneezed and stood up, walking over to sit by her owner. "So what do you do for a living?" She asked. She really hasn't met many people outside of her village, and hoped that maybe Fredrick had some interesting stories.

message 27: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick did not expect that question. Did he dare tell her he was the prince or should he make something up. Deciding to tell her the truth, he took a deep breath. "I am the Prince." he said carefully.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn was expecting other answers. Perhaps he was a carpenter, a doctor, or maybe a lawyer. Being the prince was not one of them. "Really? That's cool!" She said. Actually, she was lying. It wasn't cool. Her village was one of the very few who opposed the king. Well, not in public. That would be insane. So she had grown up with the villagers trying to convince her that the monarchy was bad. She didn't share their view. At least, not entirely. The monarchy wasn't all bad, sure they could listen to the peasants some more. But the country wouldn't last long without it.

message 29: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Watching her carefully, Fredrick wondered if she was telling him the truth. "You don't sound so sure about that." he said softly. He knew there were some problems in his country and wanted to make them better but there was nothing he could do until he took to the thrown.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn looked around them. Discussing politics in public was not what she wanted, especially not with the views that she'd been raised with. She'd been taught that it wasn't polite to discuss them in public. She then remembered that she had to get the sheep. "Would you mind coming with me to get my sheep? We could talk on the way," she said. At least on the road, there wouldn't be that many people, if there was any at all.

message 31: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick nodded. "Lead the way, ma'am." he said politely. He wondered what he could do to help her. He knew that there were many things that needed to be dealt with but he obviously did not know how bad somethings were for his people. His father kept him sheltered and he rarely got to get out of the castle on his own.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn nodded and snapped her fingers to let Tris know that they were leaving. She sighed with relief once they were out of the city. She didn't like the crowded city that much and was glad that she only came through here about twice a year. She waited before they were a mile away from the city, before addressing Fredrick. "I'm going to be honest. The village where I'm from, we don't like your father that much," she said, choosing her words carefully. She had to remind herself that he was the prince, and that she couldn't just spit out whatever she thought.

message 33: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Looking to her as they walked, Fredrick nodded. "Is my father really that bad of a ruler?" he asked her thoughtfully. He was not involved in any of the decisions and knew nothing of what was really going on. After all his father kept him at a distance.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "In my opinion, no. Then again, most of the people in my village are old, so it's most likely just them. I prefer to not be influenced by what they say and make my own decisions." Lynn said. She didn't mention the fact that the soldiers of the army did nothing to stop the next village over from Kinsler from being raided by bandits. She didn't see how talking about that would help. She did blame the king for that though. He was in control of the army wasn't he? If so, it was up to him to protect the citizens of the country from raids.

message 35: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick nodded and brought a hand up to his chin thoughtfully. What was it about his father that made their people dislike him so? "Please, don't hold anything back. I may be a prince but my father and I don't really have a relationship." he said thoughtfully. "If you have complaints I want to know about them so I can see what I can do to fix the problems."

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn smiled very slightly. So they had something in common. Neither of them had very good relationships with their fathers. Although in Lynn's case, the relationship was pretty much non-existent. Most of the time she pretended like he wasn't there. Well, except to bring him food of course. "I have two complaints," she said. "One is about the constant raids on neighboring towns and villages. No one can do anything to stop them. I mean, most of us are farmers out here. There's no one to stop it. And the second is about the taxes. They've been almost doubled this year, and for what?" Since she took care of the farm, she was also responsible for the bookkeeping. And as a favor to others, she kept the village's records in order as well. So she knew that taxes had been raised.

message 37: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick frowned slightly at the news of the taxes and the raids. What was his father doing with the money and the army if not to protect his people. He was troubled and did not like what he was hearing. "I had no idea anything like this was going on." he said softly. "I want to help my people and see what I can do to lower the taxes and help take care of the raids." His voice was sincere and he meant every word.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "Thank you," Lynn said. She was happy that at least someone would try to do something. Maybe things would get better. She glanced at the sign that was up ahead. "We have another two miles before we get to the farm. Should take about thirty minutes to get there," she said. Then the fun would start. There were days when the sheep would come quietly, and others when even the dog couldn't get them to go where Lynn wanted. Hopefully things would go smoothly today.

message 39: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick smiled not really knowing where they were going but wanting to do what he could to do help. "Where are we going?" he asked softly as he kept glancing at her. He had not been alone like this with anyone other than the person who raised him.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "I'm a sheep farmer. Well, my dad is anyway and I've taken over his job. Anyway, an old friend of the family has let us use the pastures that he doesn't use for our sheep to graze. And it's that time of year when I go and bring the sheep home," she said. "Rounding up the sheep is challenging, but that's why I brought Tris along." At the sound of her name, the dog's tail began to wag.

message 41: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick glanced over to Tris and smiled. "Sheep huh?" he asked curiously. "Is there anything I can do to help?" He may not know much about sheep or anything like that but he was willing to help if he could.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "Yeah, we've been sheep farmers for generations," she said. He asked what he could do to help and thought about it. "Well, rounding up the sheep is mostly Tris taking commands from me about where to herd them. But I guess if a sheep comes your way, you could try to get it back to the herd." The fact that sometimes sheep would scatter was a reason why they normally used two dogs. The second dog would help to keep them together. But since Taylor had died, she'd been stuck with Tris. Hopefully this fall she could get a second dog.

message 43: by Rinji (new)

Rinji "Tell me where to stand when we get there and I will do what I can." Fredrick replied smiling. He loved being out doors and wished he could spend more time out here like this but knew that he was not able to.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) ((I have to go, but I'll be on tomorrow))

message 45: by Rinji (new)

Rinji ((Okay.))

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) Lynn nodded. Tris bounded ahead of them, stopping to look back every so often. She loved the life she had, despite all its hardships. She didn't mind doing the hard work. It gave her something to do and it reminded her that life isn't easy. "So what's life like in the castle?" She asked, genuinely interested. Just because she didn't mind that she wasn't high on the social status, didn't mean that she didn't wonder what it was like for the people higher up.

message 47: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick shrugged. "What is there to tell? I don't get to do much of anything?" He said carefully. "There is not much to do at the castle." He smiled as he watched Tris running ahead of them and looking back at them every once in a while.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "Really? Wow. Life must be boring then. I figured that since you're the prince, life would be interesting," Lynn said. She had pictured it as being grand and awesome. I mean, as the prince he could do pretty much anything. That had to have led to some pretty interesting stories. She loved stories, especially the ones the older women in Kinsler told her.

message 49: by Rinji (new)

Rinji Fredrick shrugged. "It is more interesting for my father than for me." he said. "I am not even supposed to be out here with out guards to watch over me. Everyone who gets to be around me are snobbish and think that if they are nice to me I will marry their daughter who is worse then they are."

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) "Gotta break the rules every once in a while," she said with a slight smile. "That must be rough." At least with her life, she could marry anyone she wanted. Well, anyone at her status level. Which meant she couldn't marry a noble. Not that she wanted to get married right now anyway. "Do you have any siblings?" She honestly didn't pay much attention to who was in the royal family. It didn't really matter to her.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11