Fandoms, Ships and Fangirling discussion

Hunger Games > May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elevetha , The Whole Damn Time (new)

Elevetha  | 1717 comments Mod
So I think William wanted this.

Personally, never read or seen the movie.

message 2: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Ohhhh, so cool! We now have a Hunger Games thread!

Wait, you've never read or seen it? Well, that must certainly change! (Read the books first, trust me.)

message 3: by Elevetha , The Whole Damn Time (new)

I'm planning on reading them this summer. (I'm planning on doing a lot of things this summer)

message 4: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Good, they are rather good (well, wasn't in love with the last one but don't let that change your opinion. :)

message 5: by Elevetha , The Whole Damn Time (new)

My sister pretty much hated the last one. I guess we'll see how I feel.

message 6: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Ha, I kind of understand how your sister feels. Though don't let our judgement cloud yours! I guess we shall see.

message 7: by Elevetha , The Whole Damn Time (new)

Yes, we will.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I adored the first book - Katniss, although cruel in her thinking and reasoning, was a force to be reckoned with and I liked her ability to survive the toughest situations. Her protectiveness of her sister was sweet, although hard, and the plot was good. The love triangle hadn't quite formed yet, so the romance was alright, but I was glad it wasn't a focal part of the book.
Catching Fire - It was good, but the romance was getting bigger and the plot was shrinking. Johanna and Finnick saved it. The ending left me in terrible suspense.
Mockingjay - move out plot, in come romance. End with nothing. Dun dun duh! It's over. Bang. And you just stare at the book and wonder how that can really be the ending.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) | 59 comments last 2 books were just......UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I hated the Hunger Games. The first book was admittedly an original idea and an interesting story exploring themes I had never thought of before. Catching Fire was like the cheese in my sandwich - boring and repetitive, but I hated Mockingjay.

message 11: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) I guess most of us Hunger Games fans felt the same way about the last book: frustrated and upset. As of the first and second book, I liked those the best. In my opinion Catching Fire was the best out of the trilogy.

message 12: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Chronic Mulitshipper (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 100 comments Mod
I am a HUGE Hunger Games fan and will defend the books to the end of the earth. They were so amazingly thought out, meaningful, emotional, and just AHH.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments Personally, I loved Mockingjay. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the other books as well but something about Katniss finally getting revenge on President Snow was the best. Although my favorite character is Cinna it was cool to see that Gale was involved a lot more in Mockingjay.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments Personally, I loved Mockingjay. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the other books as well but something about Katniss finally getting revenge on President Snow was the best. Although my favorite character is Cinna it was cool to see that Gale was involved a lot more in Mockingjay.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE MOCKINGJAY!

message 16: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) So, you hate Mockingjay. Are you sure?

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) I loved the 1st and 2nd, but I actually still haven't finished Mockingjay. It goes a bit downhill, and I just got way too distracted by other books, so decided to leave it for a bit.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Elysia wrote: "So, you hate Mockingjay. Are you sure?"

Yes!

message 19: by Flor (new)

Flor | 13 comments Guys I don't hate jenn or anything but I really don't like the movies. I mean I'm obsessed with thg but the movies just aren't like the books at all.
And am I the only one that didnt want katniss to end up with peeta? I hate the mockingjay gale but I love the thg one. Peeta is too cheesy for me. Like the guy followed her around idk.

message 20: by Brittany, Eye's on the road Rhonda (new)

Brittany (BrittyJC) | 418 comments Mod
A way to the girls heart is to stalk her

message 21: by April (new)

April (inquisitor494) | 40 comments I just finished the first book. Kat frustrates me to no end.

Started the second and they just got on the train. I'm ready to quit the series all together.

message 22: by Brittany, Eye's on the road Rhonda (new)

I want a spin off series about Gale or Primrose. People who had other boundaries to deal with.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Gale, but not him and Katniss together.

Brittany - Brilliant idea!

message 24: by Flor (new)

Flor | 13 comments Im not saying that. I just think peeta is way too chessy to katniss.

message 25: by Probably (new)

Probably A Serial Killer katniss shouldve been single...she didnt need a guy! she was awesome by herself.

message 26: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexterminate) I liked the entire trilogy, though Catching Fire was my personal favourite. The whole love triangle thing did begin to annoy me quite a bit, to begin with I could disregard it but not so much by the end...

I also managed to get stupidly attached to Haymitch and Cinna. (view spoiler)

message 27: by Brittany, Eye's on the road Rhonda (last edited Apr 10, 2013 04:46PM) (new)

I was like NoOOoOoOOoOOoooO!!!!

message 28: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexterminate) It's going to be interesting when the film comes out, before the film starts I am going to have to apologise to everyone else there...

message 29: by Brittany, Eye's on the road Rhonda (new)

Half the theater is going to start yelling and swearing probably

message 30: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexterminate) It will be like District 11 when Rue died.

message 31: by Brittany, Eye's on the road Rhonda (new)

When I went to watch it, there was muttering from everyone in the theater because obviously they had read the books and were talking about it, but when Rue died, it went dead silent

message 32: by Alex (new)

Alex (alexterminate) the trailer looks pretty awesome :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...

message 33: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) Kat wrote: "katniss shouldve been single...she didnt need a guy! she was awesome by herself."

Personally I think she didn't deserve Peeta or Gale, that's why I think she should still be single.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

The books were pretty good considering their genre and romance and the movie wasn't half bad. I can't wait for Catching Fire! It's November people!

message 35: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) The movies: Catching Fire was so much better then The Hunger Games.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 30 comments In my opinion it wasn't that great; too much blood and gore and violence that was too closely described for me.
As a satire of celebrity culture it's meaningful, but that is lost far too much of the time. Grrr.

message 37: by Sabreen (new)

Sabreen | 5 comments I enjoyed the books. I've never seen the movies, and I'm not sure if I want to.

message 38: by Freya (new)

Freya (amultifandomfangirl) | 2 comments Loved The Hunger Games, Nearly loved Catching Fire, Liked Mockingjay except the deaths. Still, I really love The Hunger Games

message 39: by Tia (new)

Tia | 2 comments I love The Hunger Games and Catching Fire but Mockingjay I could honestly say it's not my favorite
Why???? //SPOILER//

Because Finnick dies ugh! His death was unnecessary I know it was to show the effects of war but I was pissed