The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

I need book help!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marisa So I've read this series like 11 times in total but i was wondering if anyone knew of a series or book like this one. I love Dystopia's and i can never seem to find any that I really enjoy. Could you GoodReaders help me out?

message 2: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A The Giver trilogy or the Unwind trilogy, not exact to the hunger games but definitely great dystopians :)

Iris Try the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth or the Legend Series by Marie Lu :)))

Avani I second Divergent. Also...
Delirium by Veronica Roth
The Selection by Kiera Cass (especially if you particularly enjoyed THG)

message 5: by Hec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hec Hernandez unwind and divergent are really good and both are having their third book coming dont know when but cant wait

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I looooooove Unwind. Unwind and Divergent both have their third and final books coming out in October

Marisa Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely check out Unwind! I've read all the other books suggested, thank you!

Haidi Yep, Unwind is excellent. Stick with the first book tho, if you don't find it that great because the second book is brilliant. :)

Emma Mecham Divergent definately. Very simailar in style and in content as the Hunger Games series.

Amanda There are several great dystopian books out there.
The two trilogies i thought were just as good as Hunger Games are Delirium by Lauren Oliver (book 3 just out) and the Uglies by Scott Westerfield.
Hope you find something you love as much as Hunger Games.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

1984 it's not a series but it is a great book, and it takes place in a dystopian society.

Brenna DELIRIUM!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S BY LAUREN OLIVER AND IS POSITIVELY MY FAVORITE BOOK EVER!!!! YOU HAVE TO READ!!!!!!!!! <3

Wren Marisa wrote: "So I've read this series like 11 times in total but i was wondering if anyone knew of a series or book like this one. I love Dystopia's and i can never seem to find any that I really enjoy. Could y..."

Wither by Lauren destefano

Mackie Wood Matched series or Divergent series
Ally condie , veronica roth

Arden Avani wrote: "I second Divergent. Also...
Delirium by Veronica Roth
The Selection by Kiera Cass (especially if you particularly enjoyed THG)"

just fyi delirium is by lauren oliver and divergent is by veronica roth...

Arden Gone by Michael Grant. its not exactly dystopian like in the future chaos like all these others) but it has the same chaos going on a society of kids. its really good you should check it out

Mandy Partials by Dan Wells. It's a trilogy, but only the first 2 books are out thus far. Divergent is great too!

Trishé A Handmaids Tale - Margaret Atwood
1984 - George Orwell
The Madd Addam Trilogy - Margaret Atwood

I'd say all three of these novels are for more mature audiences though, I'm not sure of your age but I'd think at a highschool level all of these would be appropriate =)

message 19: by Stéphanie (last edited Mar 19, 2013 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stéphanie Matched by ally condie
and under the never sky by veroncia rossi

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SECOND ONE !!!

OOOH AND DON'T FORGET WITHER ! I FORGOT THE AUTHOR BUT IT IS REALLY GOOD!

Marisa thanks guys! i have so many new books to read now! :)