A Wild in Colbie discussion

Colbie Homes > Damien's aunt's home

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 3100 comments Mod
Damien walks up to the front door, his bike is parked in the driveway, so is his brother's car. Damien tenses slightly before opening the door and walking in with Kylie, he gives her a reassuring smile but inside he feels awful.

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "So, I don't see any brother yet," Kylie said, grinning up at him, "You sure he's all that bad?"

message 3: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 14, 2013 04:44PM) (new)

Just then Xander comes walking out of the kitchen. He stops short when he see's Damien. Xander and Damien look completely different to each other. Where Damien has black hair and dark blue eyes, Xander has white blond hair and light blue eyes. They are of similar build and height, however Xander is leaner whilst Damien's chest is broader. Xander crosses his arms and leans agianst the wall, "Brother....so glad you're here, thought you might be too busy off writing" he says with a slight smirk. Damien glares at his little brother, "Not too busy for this....i'm more suprised that you're not busy fucking up you're life". The moment is tense.

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Oh hey! You must be the bad guy Damien was telling me all about!" Kylie said, ignoring the quick glance he shot her as she went up to Xander and held out her hand, "I'm in shock to meet you, hope you don't mind if I faint suddenly." She winked jokingly at him.

message 5: by B L Jones (new)

Xander looks at the hand and smirks at his brother. Damien has to stop himself from groaning, she has no idea what she has just done. Xander will never let this go. He takes her hand and shakes it once firmly, his gaze slids to hers, it's intensity matching his brother's eye for detail.

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Well? Usually someone says hello when they greet one another," Kylie raised an eyebrow and folded her arms, looking up at him.

message 7: by B L Jones (new)

Xander leans down to whisper in Kylie's ear, "I don't think my brother would like it", still smirking Xander looks into Kylie's face. The intense gaze is somewhat unsettling. Damien reaches out and touches her arm protectively.

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Why not?" Kylie looked over at Damien and then back at Xander and laughed, "Jeez you two cut out the glares! I feel like I'm in some stupid Twilight movie!"

message 9: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 12, 2013 04:23PM) (new)

Xander looks mock outraged and says "You hear that brother, you're new girlfriend just compared us to sparkly vampires....as if we could ever be so whipped. I say they should have eaten her, would have solved a lot of problems".
Damien rolls his eyes and says "Only if you're a psychopath Xander".
"Well consider this pyschopaths feeling officially hurt brother" replies Xander, still with the smirk.

message 10: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Just shut up!" Kylie suddenly yelled. Damien had told her...but she didn't realize that he would be part of the jerk squad as well, "You sound like kids! What are you, like 6 instead of 21?"

message 11: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 12, 2013 04:28PM) (new)

Xander just looks entertained by her outburst and says "Oh bloody hell, she has a mouth, brilliant choice brother."
Damien glares at Xander and says "Back off Xander. Kylie im sorry alright....he's a tosser."
"Oh HE'S a tosser...nice, now you're just being mean" says Xander, getting a rise out of Damien is always easy.

message 12: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Kylie sighed and rolled her eyes, sliding a palm down her face. This was ridiculous.
"Ok, guess I'll just leave or nab some popcorn and watch the show," she said, turning towards the door, "Jeez, you said it was bad but I didn't realize a freaking catfight would break out," she muttered under breath, loud enough that they could hear it.

message 13: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 27, 2013 01:03PM) (new)

"Why do you always have to be so difficult with me" says Damien.
Xander, smirk still firmly in place, "Yes brother it IS all about you. Why don't stop being so self rightous"
"I'm not self rightous-"
"Well thats not true, you alway have been, it's one of you're tradmarks. Like youre brooding...and your hair"
Damien rolls his eyes and Xander turns to Kylie, "Lets go then" he pulls on his leather jacket and moves towards the door, Xander looks back at Kylie, "You coming rich girl?" he says.

message 14: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Rich girl?" Kylie arched an eyebrow at him and folded her arms, "Really? And where would we be going?"
She looked over at Damien, a little of her respect going away after seeing him with his brother. Sure he'd had a hard life, but did he need to be fighting with his brother? It didn't make sense, she thought, it was like a story where only the reader knew what the characters should do.

message 15: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 14, 2013 04:35PM) (new)

Damien shakes his head and Xander looks at her as if he thinks she's a bit dense, "The hospital rich girl...thats where normal people go when they're ill....we don't all have private doctors" he says walks out the door. Damien walks past Kylie, "Ignore him Kylie, he's always like that. I told you we have issues, you don't have to come if you don't want to." he says warily, everything is weighing him down these days.

message 16: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Is that where your aunt is?" Kylie asked, immediatly feeling sorry for her quick mouth, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean...oh crap." She muttered, making a face, "I'm sorry. Yes, I would like to come."

message 17: by B L Jones (new)

"You sure" says Damien as he rubs a hand over his face, it had been a long life and things were getting worse. He doesn't want to drag an innocent girl into it all, especially with his brother.

message 18: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "I am," Kylie said, and then grinned up at him, "Come on author, this is a story in itself! All it's missing is a teen girl and voila!" she spread her arms out, "Here I am."

message 19: by B L Jones (new)

Damien forces himself to smile at her and takes Kylie's hand, he pulls her out of the house, "Just try not to antagonise alright" he says already knowing that is almost impossible with his brother.

message 20: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Don't worry," she smiled, "I'll be as meek as a kitten. But it is fun, you have to admit."

message 21: by B L Jones (new)

"What is?" asks Damien as they move toward the car.

message 22: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Messing with your bro, getting him riled." Kylie said, "But I promise I won't."

message 23: by B L Jones (new)

Damien sighs in relief, "Good, thank you, i need this to go well for once" he says softly.

message 24: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Kylie didn't reply as she got into the car, but she saw how much rested on his shoulders, what with his brother, and now with his aunt. She figured that if these two boys needed her, she'd be there for them. That was just the way she was, without even deciding things formally, she just helped people.

message 25: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 18, 2013 02:41PM) (new)

Xander starts the car as soon as Damien and Kylie are sat down. Not exactly the patient type himself.
After a long moment of silence Damien cannot keep his question in any longer,"What have you been doing in London Xan?"
"Skipping, Killing...you know, the usual"
"Seriously Xan, i heard stuff from David about it"
"Then why the fuck are you asking. David talks shit, he doesn't know anything, so fuck off"
"Xander, just tell me whats going on and i can help"
"See previous answer"
"If you don't tell me Xan, i'm going to have to check it out myself, and i'd rather not, i'll have to go to Leroy"
"You can take a flying fuck at a rolling biscuit but that won’t make me tell you jackshit."

message 26: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Flying...?" Kylie suddenly burst out into helpless laughter at Xander's last sentence, "I'm sorry," she said in answer to the two boy's looks, "I just...I've just...never heard....that before," she said between spasms of laughter.

message 27: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 19, 2013 04:57PM) (new)

"Thats because it's uniquely mine" says Xander giving Kylie a not entierally unkind smirk. This worries Damien more than if he'd snapped at her.
"Please don't laugh, you'll only encourage him, and you need to stop doing all that shit in London Xander, you'll attract unwanted attention from you know who"
"First of all, i'm pretty sure voldemort has more pressing matters to attend to, secondly you whinge too much brother... my actions, good or fucking bad, they belong to me. Mine. I own them. So again, fuck off"
"He has issues" says Damien in explaination to Xander's open hostility.
"I think you shall find that the technical term is ‘complete and utter weirdo’" replies Xander with an even bigger smirk.

message 28: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Hey, I live up to that term sometimes," Kylie said with a grin, and then added quickly, "The weirdo one that is."
She turned to Damien with a small grin, "And I don't know...You know who could still be lurking around, parts of him that is. It's hard to get rid of that much evil."

message 29: by B L Jones (new)

"Sound like our dad" says Xander conversationally. Damien always hated the way his brother would mention their gang leader violent father as if it was nothing.
"It's a little different Xan" grounds out Damien.
Xander pretends to think about it for a moment then looks over at Kylie "Your right. Dad would have killed Harry in book one....and then all the rest in book 2. Bloke was a complete fucker but at least he knew how to do it right" he says finally.

message 30: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "But Voldemort wasn't exactly human," Kylie pointed out a few moments later, "And Harry, even though he was young, was a magician. I think any regular human would find it hard to kill one of those...and especially him."

message 31: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 21, 2013 02:46PM) (new)

Damien looks incredulous, "Are we really fighting about Harry potter?"
Xander laughs and then sends another smirk Kylie's way, "Yeah, we are. You know, i read Damien's diary once-"
"I do NOT have a diary Xan-
"Sorry, 'feelings journal'"
"Xander-"
"He was very descriptive when he was baring his soul....so many adjectives"
"You are such a tosser brother"
"The fact that you expect anything else by this point is why you fail as a person brother"
"Ha ha, that is just so insightful"
"I know, i've been practising all day long for this" says Xander sarcastically.

message 32: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "He's a writer," Kylie smiled at Damien, throwing Xander an "oh please" look, "So of course he writes. What about you, don't you have feelings somewhere under the sarcasm and mouth?"

message 33: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 27, 2013 01:07PM) (new)

Xander arches an eyebrow thoughtfully and Damien rolls his eyes, "Xan is an insane psychopath, of course he has no feelings. It must be very hard for him to be that way, very time comsuming" says Damien ony half sarcastically.
"Only if you waste any on remorse" says Xander with a smile.
"Which you don't?" says Damien.
"I gave up remorse a long time ago, it was a bad habit." answers Xander.

message 34: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "It is," Kylie said softly a few moments later, looking at both of them, "Otherwise it just eats at your soul until you have nothing left except that. If that happens, you're just a shell."
She ducked her head, suddenly embarrassed by her words. Here she was spilling out her soul and deepest musings to these boys that she hardly knew.

message 35: by B L Jones (new)

Damien reaches over and gives Kylie's hand a squeeze because he knows what she said is important to her. Xander says nothing, his eyes cold and hard. Finally they get to the hospital and Xander park. Damien is reluctant to get out and get a ticket for the car but Xander stares him down and he eventually does. Xander says nothing for a long moment, but then he looks back at Kylie. Xander gives Kylie an intense and understanding look, his crystal blue eyes watching her carefully, "I know what you mean, i never do anything good, because as soon as you do that, people start to expect it. And i don't want any expectations forced on me, because i can never live up to them. Not ever. I'll never be good...some people were just born to be fuck ups, and i can live with that". Xander gives her one more incredibly intense look and then turns back around. Damien comes back a moment later and Xander gets out the car.

message 36: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Well, I don't know about what you've said," Kylie said as to Damien as Xander started walking towards the hospital, "He just seems...upset by people putting him in little boxes based on his status in life and the way he acts. Everyone gets pissed when that happens."
She knew how that was, being labeled as "a rich girl" for her entire life.

message 37: by B L Jones (new)

(Finally finished Xander's character, go take a look and let me know what you think x)

Damien looks seriously at Kylie for a moment, his dark blue gaze turning intense, one thing the two brothers definately have in common. "I just wish he'd let me be there for him....but it's not really in either of our nature to be open, it's not the way we were raised", Damien sighs and runs a hand through his dark hair. Damien gets out of the car and lends out a hand to help Kylie.

message 38: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) (I like XD and sorry didn't see this thread at first haha)

"Eh, well I was raised with open parents so I've always found it hard not to be open," Kylie said, smiling up at him in thank you as he helped her out of the car. She smoothed a few wrinkles out of her top and glanced towards the hospital. "Should we give Xander a few minutes alone with your aunt before we come in?" she asked.

message 39: by B L Jones (new)

Damien winces slightly, "I don't think so, our aunt and Xander never got on, he was always judged by a lot of people, well just because, like i was, we sound different and the way we are is different you know" he says with a sigh. Damien runs a hand through his dark hair and follows after his brother.

message 40: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Oh," Kylie said softly, and then followed after him.

message 41: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 26, 2013 11:54AM) (new)

Damien and Kylie catch up to Xander fast, he asks the nurse about their aunt. The nurse tells them the floor and room so thats where they head for, "I don't like hospitals" says Damien almost to himself.
"I know the'yre worse than young offenders cells.At least there we get to leave every 18 hours " says Xander with a smirk aimed at Damien who actualy smiles back.

message 42: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "They smell so...empty," Kylie said, looking around at the white walls, "Even though it's packed full."

message 43: by B L Jones (last edited Mar 26, 2013 11:58AM) (new)

"Thats because death sucks the life out of everything, even the things that were never alive to begin with" he says seriously. It's times like that when Damien wonders if Xander would be a good writer too even with his love for his art.

message 44: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) "Wow," Kylie said, looking over at Xander, "That was really well said..." she trailed off as they stopped at a doorway.

message 45: by B L Jones (new)

Damien pauses, his breath hitches, she's alone in the room. Damien would swear she s dea already if it weren't for the machine telling him that she isn't. Xander goes rock solid still for a moment. "Fuck this" says Xander and he stalks off down the hallway.

message 46: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Kylie glanced after him, "Is he...ok?" she asked.

message 47: by B L Jones (new)

Damien runs a hand through his hair in frustration, "Xander isn't good with...feelings, just wait here a sec ok, and i'll go in and see my aunt, he might come back..." he says. Damien moves into the room and over to his aunt's side.

message 48: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Kylie nodded and stood in the doorway, feeling like she was intruding on a moment as she watched him with his aunt.

message 49: by B L Jones (new)

Damien takes his aunt's hand, she opens her eyes slowly and gives him a long measuring look, "Damien your here. I said you didn't have to" she says. Damien frowns and shakes his head, "Course i had to be here aunt Faye, couldn't leave you on your own could i" he says.

message 50: by ♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ Tabi⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) After standing there for a few moments, Kylie let him be alone and went in search of Xander.

« previous 1