Divergent discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
The Upcoming Movie!, Divergent > The Cast for Divergent

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (last edited Apr 19, 2013 07:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) As I hear more about the cast I will edit this and have a post to announce each role that has been cast.

Tris Prior- Shailene Woodley
Tobias Eaton- Theo James
Caleb Prior- Ansel Elgort
Christina- Zoe Kravitz
Will- Ben Lloyd Hughes
Al- Christian Madsen
Molly- Amy Newbold
Lauren- Justine Wachsberger
Eric- Jai Courtney
Natalie Prior- Ashley Judd
Andrew Prior- Tony Goldwyn
Marcus Eaton (Tobais's father) - Ray Stevenson
Peter- Miles Teller
Jeanine Matthews- Kate Winslet
Edward- Ben Lamb
Max (Dauntless Leader)- Mehki Phifer

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! The wait for Tobias is currently killing me:P

Erin | 4 comments Oh my God!!!! I am so excited for the movie! This book is my all time favorite! And they've picked such great people so far!!!!

Sabrina | 2 comments Holy buckets! HE has been cast! Theo James is pretty darn hot, even though I pictured Tobias much differently. It's coming together very quickly-so excited!

message 5: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia Cool cast so far I think. I really like the Jeanine and Tori casts, but the rest seem good too.

@Marilyn: The past tense of cast is "cast" not "casted." Sorry, but these sort of things bother my OCD mind :)

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) The Mighty Katara wrote: "Cool cast so far I think. I really like the Jeanine and Tori casts, but the rest seem good too.

@Marilyn: The past tense of cast is "cast" not "casted." Sorry, but these sort of things bother my ..."

Thanks! All of them are fixed.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow, Tobias...I'm trying to decide if I like the guy they cast for him or not. I'll get back to you on that one. But Peter looks totally Peter to me, and ditto for Eric and Jeanine:)

message 8: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia He's a little too old. I think he'll be good, I just wish he were younger.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) He looks young enough if he shaves, and there can also be alterations easily done to make him look younger by computers.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's a little too old. I think he'll be good, I just wish he were younger."

I think I can trust this guy with Tobias. He was okay in Downton Abbey, so I'm taking a leap of faith here. He does look kind of old, but I agree with Marilyn; he looks younger when he shaves and they can make him look younger with all the movie peoples techy wisdom. I think he'll make it work (though Jack Reynor still would've been better, I'm happy Lucas Till didn't get the role).

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Livvy {TWD, baby!} wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's a little too old. I think he'll be good, I just wish he were younger."

I think I can trust this guy with Tobias. He was okay in Downton Abbey, so I'm taking a leap o..."

(or Alex Petyfer or whatever his last name is)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Marilyn wrote: "Livvy {TWD, baby!} wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's a little too old. I think he'll be good, I just wish he were younger."

I think I can trust this guy with Tobias. He was okay in Downton Ab..."

Yep, glad he didn't get the role either. Though I don't mind him in other things, I don't think Alex Petyffer would make a good Tobias/Four.

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) Divergent is less than a year away now!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Marilyn wrote: "Divergent is less than a year away now!"

Gah! Can't wait!!!

Graydon | 9 comments I can't wait so far! I think the movie will be amazing! The cast so far is pretty good. Oh, and does anybody know who the director for the movie is?

Wayan | 9 comments cast seems pretty good so far
can't wait for Uriah though!

Graydon | 9 comments Wayan wrote: "cast seems pretty good so far
can't wait for Uriah though!"
i cant wait either

message 18: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia Graydon wrote: "I can't wait so far! I think the movie will be amazing! The cast so far is pretty good. Oh, and does anybody know who the director for the movie is?"

Neil Burger.

Graydon | 9 comments thanks

Graydon | 9 comments Who will Marlene be?

Graydon | 9 comments Marilyn wrote: "As I hear more about the cast I will edit this and have a post to announce each role that has been cast.

Tris- Shailene Woodley
Tobias- Theo James
Caleb- Ansel Elgort
Christina- Zoe Kravitz
Will- ..."

Also, according to Divergentfans.com, Tori is Maggie Q(ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR THE PART) and they are thinking that Aaron Eckhart will be Andrew and Ray Stevenson will be Marcus

Aaliyah | 1 comments Tori is Maggie Q. But I dont think Zoe Kravitz fits the part very well

Graydon | 9 comments Butterfly wrote: "Tori is Maggie Q. But I dont think Zoe Kravitz fits the part very well" I agree with you

message 24: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia Graydon wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "As I hear more about the cast I will edit this and have a post to announce each role that has been cast.

Tris- Shailene Woodley
Tobias- Theo James
Caleb- Ansel Elgort
Christina- Zo..."

What about David Boreanez? (I forget the spelling.) I thought he was up for something... but Aaron Echart is awesome :D

KylieAwesome | 5 comments I don't think Theo James is a very good choice for Four/Tobias... also Shailene Woodley is too pretty to play Tris...

Maydelene | 1 comments Theo James is not a good choice. I mean tobias is just 18 in the book. and theo is 28. I think that's a little wrong. And if you look at Shailene and Theo, they don't look good together. he's a little old to play tobias. :/

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Maydelene wrote: "Theo James is not a good choice. I mean tobias is just 18 in the book. and theo is 28. I think that's a little wrong. And if you look at Shailene and Theo, they don't look good together. he's a lit..."

I don't really agree with that statement. Think about all the movies, all the TV shows (all the plays you've seen, even). It's very abnormal for the actors to be the same age as the characters their portraying, mostly because older actors have more time and experience under their belt. And while I'm not losing my mind over the fact that Theo was chosen over other actors I preferred, I don't think it's fair to say he won't be a good Tobias/Four because he [Theo] is ten years older than his character.

message 28: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia Livvy Loves TWD wrote: "Maydelene wrote: "Theo James is not a good choice. I mean tobias is just 18 in the book. and theo is 28. I think that's a little wrong. And if you look at Shailene and Theo, they don't look good to..."

Well said.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: " Livvy Loves TWD wrote: "Maydelene wrote: "Theo James is not a good choice. I mean tobias is just 18 in the book. and theo is 28. I think that's a little wrong. And if you look at Shailene and Theo..."

Thanks, Lydia:)

Owllover | 42 comments Graydon wrote: "I can't wait so far! I think the movie will be amazing! The cast so far is pretty good. Oh, and does anybody know who the director for the movie is?"
Sorry, I'm upset about it too, but Uriah is not going to be casted until Insurgent

Meranda (chloemaleficent) | 5 comments I hate who's playing tris and Tobias. They better be better actors in this movie than in the past or my vision will be shattered

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments I feel embarrassed to say it, but I don't really remember who Lauren is, even though I've read Divergent and Insurgent twice.

message 33: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia She trained the Dauntless-born Initiates. She only has like two scenes so it's not a big deal if you forgot her.

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments The Mighty Katara wrote: "She trained the Dauntless-born Initiates. She only has like two scenes so it's not a big deal if you forgot her."

YES! Okay, I remember her now...:)

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments I looked up the actress for Lauren...anyone wanna tell me why half the pictures that popped up involved Twilight?

message 36: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia I don't think she's from Twilight... I just assumed she was a nobody actor.

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments I did too, but there were a bunch of twilight pictures when I googled her name. Was she involved somehow? Maybe she had the chance to be one of the characters and didn't make it?

message 38: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia It's possible.

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments Yep...I you dying for a trailer to come out, because I definitely am.

message 40: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia Who isn't? I'm more impatient for Allegiant right now. I think I need to reread the other two first though.

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments Yeah, Allegiant's killing me too (what's also killing me is how GR doesn't think allegiant is a real word). You should re-read the other two, I did that in January (though, I might do it again). Do you know what divergentfansite is?

message 42: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia I'm thinking I'll reread them in September or something, so all the facts can be fresh in my mind. I have so many books I want to reread, but then they get pushed back by books I need to read for the first time and ugh. I don't have nearly enough time for fangirling :'(

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) The Mighty Katara wrote: "I'm thinking I'll reread them in September or something, so all the facts can be fresh in my mind. I have so many books I want to reread, but then they get pushed back by books I need to read for t..."

That's what I'm doing.

message 44: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia DIUC wrote: "Yeah, Allegiant's killing me too (what's also killing me is how GR doesn't think allegiant is a real word). You should re-read the other two, I did that in January (though, I might do it again). Do..."

Also, I forgot to ask, but what is divergentfansite?

An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews (literarymary) The Mighty Katara wrote: "DIUC wrote: "Yeah, Allegiant's killing me too (what's also killing me is how GR doesn't think allegiant is a real word). You should re-read the other two, I did that in January (though, I might do ..."

(view spoiler)

Livvy (livvylu) | 49 comments It the amazing website linked above^

message 47: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A H I can't wait for the movie!!!!