The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

Booknut 101's Corner > Thank You ~ From The Bookworms

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leyah (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:52PM) (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments We all know how amazing our book-loving, dedicated moderator is! She's the best bookworm in the world, and a great friend too! So I thought we should have a thread dedicated to thanking her!

Oh, and I wasn't sure where to put it, so I decided to put it in 5 Seconds of Your Time so everyone could see it! If you know where I should put it, please tell me, and I will ask Booknut if she could move it.

message 2: by janussaouzts (new)

janussaouzts (janussa) | 113 comments Great idea she deserves SO much thanks! She does everything for this group. She is incredible and fun and a huge bookworm (what could be better)! Thanks for running one of the best groups every!

message 3: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion | 708 comments Thank you, Booknut! You're an amazing mod, you aren't shy to share your opinions, and you back up ours even when you would probably rather punch us for it! :D You've started an amazing group; I'm so glad I joined it. It means a lot to know people like you exist, especially online, always willing to freak out with us and share experience and things, and write awesome poetry, roll plays, etc. You're awesome, and thank you for that. I'm gonna shut up now, mostly 'cause I'm rambling and with all the encouraging "winner, winner" talk going around, I feel like either we're all graduating or somebody's dying. Thank you!

message 4: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 2 comments Thank you, Booknut!

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments Booknut, you are amazing and I owe you so much. Thank you <3

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, a huge thanks to Booknut! I can't even put it in words! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

message 7: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Thank you so much, everyone. You're the sweetest bookworm friends a girl could ask for and I am so, so blessed to spend time with all of you and to share in your love of books. This group is like a second home, with a group of talented, book-obsessed individuals that I love to hang out with. Thank all of you for brightening my life :)

This group wouldn't be anything without you all - or books! - and I just want to thank you for all of your comments and participation over the past year!

Hugs,
BN101

message 8: by L (new)

L | 1252 comments Thank you Booknut for creating an amazing group here on Goodreads. It seems a lifetime ago when i first disovered this site, as it feels such a big part of my life now. To be able to share my passion of reading with other bookish people, talk about books with likeminded indaviduals and fan-girl about Potter, Lord of the Rings and everything else is just a real treat.
Your dedication and time and effort put into this group is mind-blowing, and so i highly commend you on this.

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and moderator x

message 9: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) Thanks <3 :)

message 10: by Zohal, Co-Moderator (new)

Zohal | 1418 comments Mod
I would also like to say what an amazing job you have done, and how creative you are as a person to be able to create such a group.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE!!!!

message 11: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

*smiles* Thanks, Isabelle. You've been such a lovely friend and fellow bookworm - your constant support (and simultaneous fangirling!) have been much appreciate :)

message 12: by Charleen (new)

Charleen | 2 comments Thank you Booknut! You're an amazing bookworm! :)

message 13: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments Booknut, you put the thank you thread in the wastebasket?

message 14: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited May 02, 2013 02:03AM) (new)

It was only temporary - it's not really a wastebasket; I'm doing a 'group spring cleaning' and re-organising the folders. If you've noticed, a lot of the discussions have been shifted. It was actually a misc. folder full of older posts and other items which don't fit elsewhere :)

message 15: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments Ok. I was just worried you was putting it in the bin!

Which you CAN'T DO!!!

message 16: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited May 02, 2013 02:13AM) (new)

I'd never do that!! *hugs* I was biting my nails to the quick trying to think of an appropriate folder! It was originally in the '5 Seconds Of Your Time' sub-folder which held notices and stuff, but I wasn't happy with it being there. Moving it into this folder was a way better move.

And there's no 'bin' - old posts that aren't needed are deleted. This post will never, ever be deleted! I never delete important discussion posts - only ones like past giveaways and notices that no longer apply so that the group homepage doesn't end up cluttered and new members can navigate the group with ease.

I wish I could have invisible folders - like for 'Halloween' and 'Christmas' stuff, so I can keep them but not clutter up the homepage. Oh well - I'll just have to make it as neat as I possibly can!!

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 97 comments best thread topic ever.

hugs for booknut! <3

message 18: by Leyah (last edited May 02, 2013 02:29AM) (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments You do a great job of it, Booknut! This group's as neat as anything :)

Yeah, I did put it in 5 Seconds Of Your Time, simply because I wasn't sure where else to put it. You were so busy being embarrassed you didn't tell me where to put it! But it's in a better folder now.

Oh, and you can have invisible folders... when there's no topics in them... *sigh*

message 19: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Nenia wrote: "best thread topic ever.

hugs for booknut! <3"

Hugs for Nenia!!

message 20: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Leyah ~ I'm All Yours wrote: "You do a great job of it, Booknut! This group's as neat as anything :)"

Aww, thanx Leyah - I'm a bit of a clean freak!!

message 21: by Cam (new)

Cam Garza (camgarza) | 137 comments Dearest Booknut,
Thank you for everything, you are the best mod ever; you interact with us so much and fangirl and freakout with us like you're just another member. For all the awesome book you choose and for the awesome-as-hell roleplays.
Hope all of your dreams come true.
You are the best bookworm ever and I love you,
Camila out.
Carpe diem!

message 22: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

*hugs Camila* Love you too!!

message 23: by Leyah (last edited May 03, 2013 03:55AM) (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments Booknut 101

A lily blooming in the park
A shining torch in waters dark
Your light doth shine in never’s midst
You join with us to lift the mist

You write with clever skills at hand
You’re always laughing with your band
You kindly help and kindly give
You’re always ready to forgive

Our faces shine when you’re around
It’s lonely when you’re out of town
You join in our festivities
You ship and faint and grin and tease!

A happy set, indeed, it’s penned
All fruit of your effort, my hum’bling friend
And good times we’ve had, in times gone by
They’re ‘cause of your watchful, happy eye.

You do deserve this credit, yes!
You’ve shown your worth with your success
Your insightful leadership inspires us all
Your enthusiasm doth enthrall!

But the best, Booknut, in all boldness,
Is that YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH ALL OF US!!!
You chatter and find us all a place
In your network of tight-sewn lace

So thank you, Booknut, my lovely friend
For your efforts I do commend
You’re fantastic, so I guess I’ll say
You’re the best mod in the world today!

Sorry, it gets a bit improvised at the end. But it's all true.

message 24: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Oh. My. Gosh.

Leyah...I am speechless! I am totally, 100% speechless. I don't deserve the beautiful things you all do for me, but I am honoured and humbled to have such wonderful friends. The poem made me cry (the tissues beside me are proof!) and I think it is amazing. Thank you so much for the effort, time and love you put into it. You have a natural talent for poetry :)

I have to say that one of the biggest gifts God has blessed me with is my love of reading. It has enabled me to meet and befriend people who I feel connected to and who are each amazing in their own right. Reading posts like your poem make me feel incredibly lucky.

message 25: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments You make me feel so special <3

And, actually, you DO deserve everything we give you. It's the least we can do, considering you do so much for us :)

message 26: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

You are special. Every bookworm is; you just need a little nudge to help you see what everyone else can!

And in all honesty, I don't do all that much - I mean it sincerely. True, I moderate and made the group, but a bookclub like this one is nothing with no bookworms to obsess with!

This group has given me more than I could ever pour back into it. I wanted a group of bookworms whom I could become friends with, obsess over books with and have good times with - in creating this group, over the course of over a year - I have been gifted these wishes of mine ten times over. The highlight of my day is logging onto Goodreads to see what you're all chatting about and up to!

If I have managed to make a 'bookworm haven' in the process and give my fellow bookworms something that adds a little sunshine to their day, then I am content with that, and am happy to have been able to give some of the happiness I've received from this group back to all of you :)

message 27: by talltyrion (new)

talltyrion | 708 comments You have! Trust me, you have. :D

message 28: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments This group wouldn't have had so many people if it hadn't been for you - you and your beautiful, amiable personality. In fact, it wouldn't have existed! And when I say you're the best mod in the world - I do not lie.

You are UNIQUE.

Seriously, you moderate the group, keep it clean, un-confused and organised, and then ON TOP of that, you chat and ship and fangirl with the rest of us! I've never seen any moderator EVER so down to earth as you are! You have a lot to do in this group and you do it all efficiently and happily. And we love you for that.

*sigh* This is going to be the only, fiercest and longest battle between us.

message 29: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

*laughs* And what a battle it is!!

Thanks for your praise, Leyah. It means a lot, it truly does :)

message 30: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (serferrant) | 291 comments You're welcome :P

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

*nods*

BOOKNUT IS AN AWESOME MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 32: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - Officially dubbed Smarties by Abby wrote: "*nods*

BOOKNUT IS AN AWESOME MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*hugs* Thanks, Inno! You guys are the best friends and bookworms ever <3

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 21 comments I've just read The Not-So-Jane-Austen-Book-Club is celebrating it's second anniversary! BRILLIANT.
(Well, I have just joined but this is in sincerity.)

You seem like a brilliant moderator, Booknut! And a fantastic person, to add flattery to statement (Though I am sincere, mind).
(I know from experience) how difficult it is to moderate a group-and even though us members endeavor to cooperate you do so much of it! Then, you do it excellently. Congratulations! I hope The Not-So-Jane Austen Book Club goes on another two years and more than that! And with the same joy in it. From all the members, mods or no.

Plus, we can't forget Isabelle and Aurora. Although I am a newbie, thanks so much for pitching in with the same spirit!

So thanks for modding. Originally I was not going to post this, lest I appear like an axe-murderer, but when I saw this was the second anniversary of it's "founding" I had to. Thanks. You all. The group is amazing, the community is sweet, the members are sweet.

Arrivederci,

-Alngravin!

message 34: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Alngravin of the Archéd Halls wrote: "I've just read The Not-So-Jane-Austen-Book-Club is celebrating it's second anniversary! BRILLIANT.

You seem like a brilliant moderator, Booknut..."

Alngravin, thank you so much! You have a beautiful soul & your kind words totally made my day <3

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) | 21 comments Booknut wrote: "Alngravin of the Archéd Halls wrote: "I've just read The Not-So-Jane-Austen-Book-Club is celebrating it's second anniversary! BRILLIANT.

You se..."

As your words mine! I'm deeply honored. That is great of you. Thanks!

message 36: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Thank you so much for creating this book club and giving us all a place to express ourselves and share out love of books with others! This group has become like a safe-haven for me, a place where I can truly be myself. Thank you Booknut:)

message 37: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Olivia wrote: "Thank you so much for creating this book club and giving us all a place to express ourselves and share out love of books with others! This group has become like a safe-haven for me, a place where I..."

You're welcome, Olivia! Thank you for being such an integral part of this group. Without bookworms life yourself, this group never would be what it is today :)

message 38: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy (stairstepjitters) | 62 comments Booknut, you are such an incredible personality and the love and effort you put into this group (and making sure everyone feels comfortable and excited) is so obvious throughout every single topic, giveaway, competition, group read, and discussion. I haven't known you for very long but I wish to! xo

message 39: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Jazzy wrote: "Booknut, you are such an incredible personality and the love and effort you put into this group (and making sure everyone feels comfortable and excited) is so obvious throughout every single topic,..."

Thank you for such lovely words, Jazzy! <3