Afterlife discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B L Jones (new)

B L Jones (bljonesbooks) | 164 comments Mod
(clue's in the title ;)

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ A shiver went through her as she was overwhelmed by all of the contact and warmth, making it a bit difficult to keep her hand from shaking as she placed it on his shoulder. It took Abigail a moment to process his words. "Well, I had a heartbeat for one," she replied carefully, for a moment almost wishing he couldn't touch her. That way she would have to worry about stepping on his feet. Then again, if he couldn't touch her, they wouldn't really be dancing. "And I certainly wouldn't be dancing with some stranger I've only known for five minutes."

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Abigail blinked hard to steer her mind away from imagining what it would be like to kiss him. "Alright then I guess I should clear this up. I didn't dance. Period," she told him, meeting gaze steadily. Henry's eyes staring into her made her chest tighten and she felt as if her heart was lodged in her throat. Being so closely pressed to him allowed her to feel his racing pulse and she couldn't imagine why he would think a heart beat, especially one like his, was overrated. She never knew one could be so strong.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Abigail gave a lopsided shrug. "Well, I guess I wasn't such a hit when I was in school," she replied, hardly noticing that the song had ended until he towed her back towards the edge of the room. She kept herself still as Henry lowered his lips to her hand. Abigail only nodded in agreement, though her mind was wondering what it would feel like tangle her fingers in his golden locks. Refraining from giving into the impulse, Abigail clenched her hands into fists. "Well, I would go looking for my friends, but I don't think I'm going to find them in here, so I don't know. Are you still willing to keep me company?"

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ "I don't know. I didn't really come here much when I was alive, so I think we're a little out of luck here. And now that I'm dead I don't do a whole lot. I just kind of walk around bored out of my mind most of the time," Abigail replied. She followed the direction Henry was pointing and noticed Zach, along with a few of their friends. They had even gotten Amanda dancing, something that had never happened when she was alive. A small smile formed on her lips as she allowed Henry to lead her.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Abigail's eyes widened as she stared at him in shock. "Do I know how to what?" She knew she hadn't known him all that long, but Henry certainly didn't someone who would "boogie". Her gaze met his as his fingers grazed her skin and if she could, she would have held her breath. She didn't understand what was making her like this. If she was still alive, she wouldn't have even looked at him if he had asked her to dance with him. Abigail had always made people earn her attention, but Henry didn't have to. He demanded her focus and she was only too happy to oblige.

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ Abigail bit her lip, glancing over his shoulder towards her friends. She had come here for them, but to be honest, she had only followed them into this club so she could keep an I on them. She would be fooling herself if she thought it would make her feel like she was really with them again, but that hadn't stopped her from following them around for the past year and a half. Now it seemed like she had someone else that was more than worthy of her time, even her eternity.
That was what shocked her the most. Abigail and Henry had only just met and now she was content to spend all the time in the world with him. Shaking her head slightly as if to clear it, Abigail locked her gaze onto his. "How about we get out of here? I'm kind of done with this place for tonight."

₪Daughter of the Rain and Snow₪ ((I know, I had noticed that after I posted, and I figured that we should just put them in the lounge for now))