YA Book Nerds discussion

Booktalk > Recently purchased

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are some books you have bought recently!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 65 comments For February I picked up The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) by Aimee Carter , Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr & The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long .

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got hex hall our BOTM

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 30 comments Tammy wrote: "For February I picked up The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) by Aimee Carter,Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr&The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long."

lol only 3 books in febuary... you are making me look bad

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 65 comments Panda wrote: "Tammy wrote: "For February I picked up The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) by Aimee Carter,Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr&The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long."

lol only 3 books ..."

If it helps I got 10 in January. Lol

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Mar 12, 2013 06:14PM) (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 30 comments Tammy wrote: "If it helps I got 10 in January. Lol "

lol in january and febuary i managed to aquire 44 books ... thats not even counting ebooks...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow I wish I had time to read that much

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 30 comments Sydney wrote: "Wow I wish I had time to read that much"

thats the problem i don't i really should be doing other things... and spending my money on other things for that matter

message 9: by Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (last edited Mar 12, 2013 09:27PM) (new)

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 65 comments Sydney wrote: "Wow I wish I had time to read that much"

I don't either that's why my TBR pile is more than 500 books and counting. I'm not even counting the ebooks that I have. Thankfully my husband indulges me.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 30 comments my excuse for buying books can be summed up in one lovely quote by a very wise man “What's the point of having a library full of books you've already read?”

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes and there is a quote that says "a room without books is like a body without a soul."

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 30 comments Sydney wrote: "Yes and there is a quote that says "a room without books is like a body without a soul.""

lol in that case my bedroom is very soulful

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol mine too

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 65 comments These are the books I just bought (I went to the box of books sale at the Book Depot, each of the below books cost me .57 cents!)
Hereafter (Hereafter, #1) by Tara Hudson A Lion Among Men (The Wicked Years, #3) by Gregory Maguire The Covenant by Naomi Ragen The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore The Seer of Shadows by Avi The Silver Blade (French Revolution, #2) by Sally Gardner The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson So Shelly by Ty Roth The Other Countess (The Lacey Chronicles, #1) by Eve Edwards Beating Heart A Ghost Story by A.M. Jenkins The Silver Spoon of Solomon Snow by Kaye Umansky Timescape (Dreamhouse Kings, #4) by Robert Liparulo Blackbringer (Dreamdark, #1) by Laini Taylor Three Witches by Paula Jolin The Hunt for the Seventh by Christine Morton-Shaw Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott Split by Swati Avasthi Dark Song by Gail Giles The Proper Care and Feeding of Zombies A Completely Scientific Guide to the Lives of the Undead by Mac Montandon The Witches' Kitchen by Allen Williams Rotters by Daniel Kraus Huntress by Malinda Lo The Thirteen Treasures (Thirteen Treasures, #1) by Michelle Harrison Shadowcry (Wintercraft, #1) by Jenna Burtenshaw Tempest (Tempest, #1) by Julie Cross The Taker by Alma Katsu

message 15: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) I just bought Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green on Amazon :D

message 16: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) I also just bought Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld & Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 30 comments Taylor wrote: "I also just bought Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott WesterfeldPretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott WesterfeldSpecials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld & Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld"

WOOOOOOOOOO great choice

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the uglies series!

message 19: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) haha I'm really excited to read them!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya my favorite is uglies the first book is always the best!

message 21: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (clouddinosaur) That's true

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica | 77 comments Mod
Yes, I despised Extras. I hated the POV!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally and hunger games was so much better than mocking jay