Faith Hunter's BeastChat discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month > April's Suggestions!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Post what book you'd like to have as book of the month for April. Then I'll see about the voting about a week before the month starts.

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Maybe it would be easier to get suggestions if we picked a theme for the month? Have a month where we do UF, epic fantasy, sci-fi, etc. There are just too many possible book options. Just a suggestion, anyway.

message 3: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I guess I just figured if we all like Jane it'd be a paranormal of some kind.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) True, there are enough Urban Fantasy and Paranormal novels to keep us busy for a while.

message 5: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) I do read a lot of CR also, so if there's enough interest later on we can do 2 reads.
What would you like to read?

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) lol...my current to-read list has almost 750 books. I've been meaning to start the October Day series by Seanan McGuire for a while now. Some other books I've really been wanting to read include Black Dust Mambo by Adrian Phoenix, Magic in the Bone by Devon Monk, Sealed with a Curse by Cecy Robson, Death's Daughter by Amber Benson, and Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, I'll make the first suggestion/recommendation...how about "The Clockwork Princess" by C. Clare? No? How about "Inferno", the next in the "Nick" series by S. Kenyon?

message 8: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Since this is a new group how about starting with the first book in a series?

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) I wouldn't suggest Clockwork Princess just yet. Since it is a new book it may be difficult to get a copy, especially if you are extremely short on cash. I'm sure my library has a hold list a mile long.

I mentioned several different books I've been wanting to read in my last post on this thread.

Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
Black Dust Mambo by Adrian Phoenix
Magic in the Bone by Devon Monk
Sealed with a Curse by Cecy Robson
Death's Daughter by Amber Benson
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

They are all the first books in their respective series.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll second Magic Bites.

message 11: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kulczyk | 8 comments Definitely read Magic Bites. Kate kicks serious butt. I've read the Amber Benson series, it was ok.

message 12: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Great list Samantha!
Ok I'll make up a poll the first of next week.
How long should a book be out before we use it for a BOM?
I suggest one or two months, give people time to get it. Any thoughts?

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam (librarymouse81) Thank you.

It should definitely have been out for a couple months at least.

And I think if it is a new release to a series, it should be something where either a number of people have read the previous books, or be a series where you really could jump in at any point.

message 14: by AnnHoward (new)

AnnHoward | 1 comments Have you tried Kim Harrison's Hollows series with Rachel Morgan? Or Diana Rowland's Demon series with Kara Gilliam? I enjoy all of them.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather | 1 comments I love the October Daye series! And The Hollows series is easily one of my all-time favorites, probably #1 on my urban fantasy list. They are tailor-made for me- lots of action and magic, low on the romance factor. And such great characters- very kick-ass women!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.