Writers Without Borders discussion

Poetry Pay It Forward Project

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles Johnson (charlesjohnsonauthor) | 3 comments All who love Poetry please check this out. Poets helping Poets at: http://allpoetry.com/topic/268947365-...

message 2: by Eve (new)

Eve Gaal (thedesertrocks) | 27 comments Loved the post, but had a hard time commenting. Had to join a poetry group that I didn't want to join but that's okay now I've joined. My comment was that I agree with you about poets wanting to spend time alone in quiet reflection. I used to find poetry my only solace in a harsh world. Now that life is better I wrote a novel but to me it still feels like a long poem. Writers nowadays have to evolve and be versatile and there's nothing wrong with learning other ways to put words together.

message 3: by Charles (new)

Charles Johnson (charlesjohnsonauthor) | 3 comments Thank you for the thought and wise words. I have always wrote more than poetry, like fairy tales and short stories but I never shared my writing until 2008 with hardly anyone. So 40 yrs of writing and only the last 5 where I felt open enough to share. The poet in me. But it was the allpoetry group that helped bring me out of my shell but still poets tend to stay to themselves. I am hoping we can through this project turn into more of an open group. Thank you so much. CJ