The BURIED Book Club discussion

Wolfgang Koeppen
This topic is about Wolfgang Koeppen
unBURIED Authors K-P > Wolfgang Koeppen

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonfaith (new)

Jonfaith | 12 comments Will read Death in Rome this month, it has languished on my shelves and in boxes since 1997.

message 2: by Jonfaith (new)

Jonfaith | 12 comments BBC week on holiday continues; Death in Rome would be blistering if I wasn't so bruised.

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (nathandjoe) | 138 comments Just got Pigeons on the Grass and plan to work through all the rest of his too. Looks very interesting.

message 4: by Nate (new)

Nate (rockhyrax) | 354 comments Someone just used the Goodreads Recommend button to put this onto my radar. Wait, I think it was Jonathan, right above me there. Thanks for this, sounds great!

message 5: by Jonfaith (new)

Jonfaith | 12 comments Am going to buy Pigeons thsi evening. Jonathan's excitment has proved contagious.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (nathandjoe) | 138 comments Review of Pigeons on the Grass is up. Short version - it is great.

message 7: by Rod (last edited May 21, 2013 07:35AM) (new)

Rod (baron_von_rodenheimer) | 27 comments Jonathan wrote: "Review of Pigeons on the Grass is up. Short version - it is great."

I ordered it after your recommendation last week, so it should arrive soon. Looking forward to it. If it's better than The Island of Second Sight I'll buy you a beer.

message 8: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (nathandjoe) | 138 comments Holy crap - that has a review from Paul Celan (***dashes off and orders the book)

message 9: by Rod (new)

Rod (baron_von_rodenheimer) | 27 comments Jonathan wrote: "Holy crap - that has a review from Paul Celan (***dashes off and orders the book)"

Kris and Megha are supposed to be starting a co-read soon. :)

message 10: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments Jonathan wrote: "Holy crap - that has a review from Paul Celan (***dashes off and orders the book)"

? link please?

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (nathandjoe) | 138 comments No link - the book and reviews have this: "Have just read a German novel which struck me as
a true work of art: The Island of Second Sight." - Paul Celan"

http://www.galileopublishing.co.uk/th...