The Riyria Revelations discussion

Book 2: Avempartha > Great Review by Fantasy Book Critic

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 268 comments Mod
Fantasy Book Critic is a fabulous site with their finger on the pulse of the fantasy reading community. Once again they honor us with an extraordinary review this time for Avempartha.

Some of the notable comments from the review by Liviu C. Suciu include:

"Needless to say, when I received an ARC of “Avempartha”, I was quite eager to see if the book would live up to the expectations raised by Mr. Sullivan’s marvelous debut. I am happy to report that not only did “Avempartha” meet expectations, but it took the series to another level, ensuring that the future installments will be must-reads."

"After a superb re-acquaintance with Royce and Hadrian in the first several pages, “Avempartha” actually continues more as a series opener with a ton of build-up in the first half of the novel, while the second half is just superb non-stop action, especially when the two threads following Royce, Hadrian and Princess Arista respectively converge at the elven castle."

"Overall, I really loved “Avempartha”. In fact, I immediately re-read “The Crown Conspiracy” the next day to try and catch any little details I might have missed the first time, and I definitely recommend reading the first book again for added depth. In short, “Avempartha” is highly, highly recommended and a novel that raises Michael Sullivan’s The Riyria Revelations to “major league” status."

You can read the whole review here but it does contain some spoilers so browse with care. Also, Fantasy Book Critic has a giveaway running until April 28th. Three winners will receive a "set" (The Crown Conspiracy and Avempartha) you can enter the contest here.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 56 comments Darn, I bought mine already. But mine are signed! ;)

message 3: by Libby (new)

Libby | 30 comments I'll take as many copies as I can get - I'm giving away extras to friends ;-)

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
Love hearing that Libby. Go forth and multiple I always say. A Crown Conspiracy in every pot, an Avempartha in every garage...er something like that.

What do you want to do today Pinky?

message 5: by Danielle (last edited Apr 12, 2009 11:07AM) (new)

Danielle (queentess) | 14 comments ...did you just drop a Pinky and the Brain quote? As a child who grew up in the 90s (and loved Animaniacs), you just became my favoritest author ever! :)

I'm entering the contest so I can have a "real" copy. All I have right now are the e-books, but I'd like to get my brother started on the series as well.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 56 comments Yes, that was a Pinky and the Brain quote. I caught it too, and I think that in his own little way, MJS wants to rule the world, or at least get folks to buy his books. :D