Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

General Books Discussion > What Was Your Favorite Book to Read in 5th Grade?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Berg | 1 comments We have to read a lot of books in 5th grade. I was wondering what your favorite book was to read in 5th grade.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The wayside books, Judy blume books, Robin Jones Gunn, Lucy Maud, Roald dahl, etc.

message 3: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 413 comments I was finishing up Harry Potter and i was reading goosebumps and a lot morebut those were the main ones

message 4: by Mia Claire (new)

Mia Claire | 142 comments Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, Goosebumps, Sweet Valley Twins, Baby-sitters' Club :)))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

harry potter

message 6: by The landmaster (last edited Sep 05, 2013 05:59AM) (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 38 comments If I remember right, that was about the time that I started to read bigger books. Perhaps a bit before...yeah, I'm thinking it was prior to my large book addiction ^-^ Mostly chapter books then. Esp. if they had anything to do with animals or pokemon. Ralph S Mouse, LOTS of Bill Wallace, pokemon chapter books etc.

▒▓ Meghan ▓▒ | 299 comments As I'm only in 7th grade I still cannot remember what I read besides: Goose Bumps, The Stone Child, and Warriors. Not much but I wasn't crazy with reading. Only read if there was a really good book.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 3 comments My class read After the First Death which was probably the first book that I had read that didn't have some sort of fantasy or childlike element (my favourite's up til then were The Hobbit and anything by Roald Dahl). It was also very dark, with some very adult scenes which were possibly inappropriate for our age! Shortly after we read The Iron Man which was possibly the first sci-fi esque book I'd read.

message 9: by Fox (new)

Fox  (aegontargaryen) | 141 comments Harry Potter

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie In fifth grade I had a really (really) amazing teacher. She moved to South Carolina that summer, but she was awesome. Anywhoo, we read a book called Walk Two Moons that I loved. I haven't read it since then, but I remember being fascinated with it. We also read City of Ember (only ok), and I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So all in all, I read some pretty good books in 5th grade.

message 11: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 413 comments In fifth grade my class read the city of ember and The lightning thief

message 12: by Gursimran (new)

Gursimran Pabla | 4 comments I liked a lot of books but i remember reading a lot of the Mary Kate and Ashley books

message 13: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 3 comments wow, probably Clone Codes , Island of the Blue Dolphins

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (wingsoffreedom) | 4239 comments to be honest i wasn't much of a reader until the middle of grade 6. But I read the Geronimo Stilton series and a series called araminta spook?

message 15: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Inkheart

Frodothemagicdragon | 9 comments The Lost Hero by Rick riordan or the kids version of three cups of tea

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 17 comments The Series of Unfortunate events series and Harry Potter

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah The series of unfortunate events

message 19: by Renata (new)

Renata Suerth (renata_suerth) | 6 comments Judy Blume.
Yep, I'm that old.

message 20: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 11 comments Do you people read no young adult fiction in 5th grade? I am in 5th grade right now. I read the Harry potter when I was in first grade. Now I am reading partials series and the fifth wave, the fault in our stars, matched, selection. Most people probably read more than just Harry potter each year.

message 21: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Oh I read YA. Those were just my favorite books because I read them in the year where I had the best teacher I will probably ever have.

message 22: by Wonderwall123 (new)

Wonderwall123 | 2 comments Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, the Warrior cats

message 23: by Mia Claire (new)

Mia Claire | 142 comments Chronicles of Narnia, old Nancy Drew books from the library.

message 24: by Liam (new)

Liam O'Donnell (liamodonnell) Definitely the entire Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Cake! and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe series. Grade 5 was the year I really started reading. Before that, you couldn't get me to look at a book.

message 25: by mikayla bree (new)

mikayla bree (mikaylabree) September to October in my fifth grade year was when I read the whole Series of Unfortunate Events! Those were definitely my favourite books of that year.

message 26: by Tori (new)

Tori | 2 comments inkheart and warriors

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Junie B Jones

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Tales of a fourth grade nothing

message 29: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 7 comments Number the Stars by Lois Lowry was really good...we actually read that in class

message 30: by Lottie (new)

Lottie Berinson | 121 comments My favourite book series from faith grade was Hunger games, Once, cat Royal, Ferals or a series of unfortunate events.

message 31: by Minu (new)

Minu | 22 comments Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne.....anyone else??

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved reading those.

message 33: by Abigail (new)

Abigail R (abigailred) | 10 comments OOOOOOOH!!! The Emerald Atlas was my absolute favorite, and I'm dying to read it again. I also loved The Lost Children, which I also want to read again.

message 34: by Lbobzien (new)

Lbobzien | 41 comments I am in fifth grade but read books for older kids. I like to read books by Rick Riordan, Series of Unfortunate Events, Bronze Bow, and Redwall. If I had to choose between any of them, I'd have to go with Rick Riordan's because multiple of those books have come out this year.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

In fifth grade, I really liked the Mysterious Benedict Society and the Giver Series.

message 36: by Anne Withane (new)

Anne Withane (annewithe) | 1 comments -Anne of Green Gables
-The Secret Garden
-Little Women
-The Phantom Tollbooth
-A Wrinkle in Time
-The Neverending Story

message 37: by Melody (new)

Melody Bremen (melodyjbremen) | 11 comments The Chronicles of Narnia

message 38: by Maryam (last edited Feb 08, 2018 12:04AM) (new)

Maryam | 1118 comments (I am in 5th grade)

Little Women
Enid Blyton books
The Land of Stories
A Series of Unfortunate Events (The whole series)
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Princess Academy (The whole series)
Fablehaven (The whole series)

message 39: by Wyatt (new)

Wyatt | 11 comments Jurassic park by Michael Crichton
Dragon teeth by Michael Crichton
The girl who loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
The eyes of the dragon by Stephen King
The Michael Vey series byRichard Paul Evans
Anything by Brandon Sanderson
Anything by Brandon Mull

message 40: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I never had '5th Grade' when I was younger. But I did have 'Year 5'. My favourite of all time were and now Rex Stone books.

Rex Stone

message 41: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 1118 comments Maryam wrote: "(I am in 5th grade)

Little Women
Enid Blyton books
The Land of Stories
A Series of Unfortunate Events (The whole series)
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Princess Academy (The whole series)
Fablehaven ..."

Now i'm in sixth grade lol :D

message 42: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Maryam wrote: "Maryam wrote: "Now i'm in sixth grade lol :D "

How old are you? Just curious.

message 43: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Maryam wrote: "Rumell wrote: "Maryam wrote: "Maryam wrote: "Now i'm in sixth grade lol :D "

How old are you? Just curious."

In a month i'll be 12 :)"

I'm sorry. But you need to be at least 13 to have a Goodreads account.

message 44: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) This Service is intended solely for Users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of this Agreement.

message 45: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 1118 comments Rumell wrote: "This Service is intended solely for Users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in viol..."

If you are under 18 years of age you may use the Service only if you either are an emancipated minor or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.

You didn't copy and paste the whole thing... 😕

message 46: by Rumell (last edited Mar 04, 2019 03:30AM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I think this refers to ages 13-18. I hope a parent is keeping an eye out on you.

message 47: by Rumell (last edited Apr 14, 2019 05:22AM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Maryam wrote: "Rumell wrote: "I think this refers to ages 13-18. I hope a parent is keeping an eye out on you."

What is your business with this anyway? If I choose to use Goodreads, you can't tell me to stop. Cr..."

I am just saying. It is important that if you are 12 years and younger you are supervised while using social networks.

It is important that young people stay safe. The internet is a dangerous place.

I am not saying you should stop using Goodreads. I am saying that you should be supervised while you are using it. Maybe asking a trusted adult before going on Goodreads.

message 48: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Morgan | 1 comments Firestarter by Stephen King.

message 49: by Matty Bebopper (new)

Matty Bebopper Like be that dog by Sharon creech