What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's story about a dragon and a girl.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Tennis | 4 comments I barely remember this so might be remembering incorrectly. I believe the book is about a young girl who goes to vanquish a dragon and is able to do so without killing the beast, rather she befriends it or makes an effort to understand it and ends up ending the conflict.

I'm thinking this is pre-1980's, but could be pre-1990's.

Does this ring any bells?

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie Tennis | 4 comments Hm... Jane and the Dragon may be it.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashinscribbleland) | 64 comments Dragon's Bait - villagers send her off to be sacrificed by the dragon because they believe she's a witch (she's not). She and the dragon kind of team up for revenge
Dragon's Keep - this one is probably too late, but really similar sounding

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Julie, since you've moved this to solved, can we assume that Jane and the Dragon was the book you were looking for?

message 5: by Julie (last edited Mar 13, 2013 09:55AM) (new)

Julie Tennis | 4 comments Andria wrote: "Julie, since you've moved this to solved, can we assume that Jane and the Dragon was the book you were looking for?"

I'm not sure yet. I've ordered it from the library to see if it's the same story. But based on the description of the book online, it matches up with what I remember.

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
ok - let us know once you've confirmed that it's the right one and we can shelve it. Fingers crossed! :)