Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

what is the worst book you have ever read?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 413 (413 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shaylynn Dickerson i think it was twiligth my friends sayed ti would be a fun read but i thout bella was way two winnie it made me so mad

Shaylynn Dickerson is enny one hear

Michelle Keeping House by Lee Brazil was AWFUL!!! I typically respect the reviews I read on Goodreads but not on this book!!! It was trite and felt like it had been written by my daughter in her high school creative writing class!

Caitlyn Fallen Crest High. It's disgusting on so many levels. And linguistically so very unappealing.

April Matched by Allie Condie. I know that lots of people liked it, and I didn't necessarily hate it, but I won't read it again and I won't continue with the series. The book was okay, but I wasn't connecting with the characters at all, and I felt there wasn't even a love triangle and the whole time I was reading it I basically wanted to throw it across the room because I already knew who Cassia (don't like the name. It doesn't roll off the tongue) was going to end up with before she did. So it was an okay book. The only reason I read it was for the Society. I wanted to see how the world was running and how different it was. That's the only reason I finished it.

Shaylynn Dickerson same with twilight it was STUPID i am tipucly not mean on hear i have even got on to pepole for being mean but I CANT STAND IT WORST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavetta Cain I hated Breaking Dawn Twilight was good to me, but then again I was 14 when I first read it, not a fan anymore, the second book was stupid, but I liked that Edward wasn't in it, but Bella is a winy little child who doesn't make any sense. But Breaking Dawn was by far the worst book I have EVER read.

Paranormal_Madness The worst book I ever read? I would have to go with any of the House of Night books—they’re simply awful. Bad characters, horrible writing, and it’s never-ending. I actually want the bad guys to win!

Another bad book would probably have to be the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I loved his adult version, but the young adult one is nothing but crappy fight scenes, annoying characters, and a bunch of useless filler.

Meagan tale of two cities it was SOOO boring!!!

message 10: by Mike (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mike A book called "The Plants" that was so stupefyingly boring I wish the plants would come and kill me.

Maureen Twilight

Nichole Fifty Shades of Grey. The characterization was horrible. The story line also horrible. It was just horrible!!!!

April Twilight is a good series to me, but I do have a less opinion if it now that I'm older and have dated a few people. I personally can't stand guys that treat girls the way that Edward treats Bella! It disgusts me! I still do like the series and the movies. It's just that Edward kind of annoys me more in the books and stuff.

message 14: by Olivia (new)

Olivia April wrote: "Twilight is a good series to me, but I do have a less opinion if it now that I'm older and have dated a few people. I personally can't stand guys that treat girls the way that Edward treats Bella! ..."

Yea can't say the same thing. when he always watches her all the time, in her sleep when she was human..

April @Peace Yeah that is stalker creeper! But I still like the story because the Twilight saga is what introduced me to books at the age of 13. I would not want to be a writer or even have a passion for books that I do, had I not been introduced to the Twilight saga.

message 16: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Just wondering if anyone read the book, the Supernatural? i found it on wattpad, & been reading some of it here and there.(http://www.wattpad.com/8717940-supern...- check it out)

Lit Bug Chetan Bhagat's "Revolution 2020" and "One Night at the Call Centre". Indian author writing in English. Both books are such nightmares - stupid, well-chewed, clichéd plots, characters, dialogues... I have vowed never to touch any of his books again, and in case I ever venture to break this vow, to tread very cautiously and put it down as soon as I realize it's not going to be worth it... It absolutely sucks he has such a tremendous fan-following in India.

Lit Bug Shaylynn wrote: "i think it was twiligth my friends sayed ti would be a fun read but i thout bella was way two winnie it made me so mad"

I haven't read the books but have seen the movie series, and I feel pity for Edward and am very irritated with Bella... She tests my patience..

Naomi Scarlett The worst book I've ever read would have to be The Forbidden Game by L. J. Smith. It was so slow/Bad that I didn't even finish it. It was the first time I didn't read a book all the way through.

Sanya Salehani It will HAVE to be Fifty Shades of Grey, definitely. Badly written, no story line, a horrible excuse for a book. Can't believe it's a bestseller..no faith in humanity left.

message 21: by Izzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Izzy Naomi wrote: "The worst book I've ever read would have to be The Forbidden Game by L. J. Smith. It was so slow/Bad that I didn't even finish it. It was the first time I didn't read a book all the way through."

How weird! I thought the Forbidden Game trilogy was Smith's best books. I didn't like the protagonist but then I think that L.J Smith seems to have a problem creating likeable protagonists.

message 22: by Izzy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Izzy Sanya wrote: "It will HAVE to be Fifty Shades of Grey, definitely. Badly written, no story line, a horrible excuse for a book. Can't believe it's a bestseller..no faith in humanity left."

Did you hear? She's going to be releasing a how to write book.
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osca...

Now you have no faith in humanity left.
You're welcome! :D

Naomi Scarlett Izzy wrote: "Naomi wrote: "The worst book I've ever read would have to be The Forbidden Game by L. J. Smith. It was so slow/Bad that I didn't even finish it. It was the first time I didn't read a book all the w..."

That's the thing, I didn't like the protagonist so I had trouble reading it. As well as that I found it kinda slow, which normally wouldn't stop me but this time I couldn't. I preferred her Dark Visions trilogy.

Naomi Scarlett Izzy wrote: "Sanya wrote: "It will HAVE to be Fifty Shades of Grey, definitely. Badly written, no story line, a horrible excuse for a book. Can't believe it's a bestseller..no faith in humanity left."

Did you ..."

Oh god.

message 25: by Siobhan (last edited Mar 13, 2013 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Siobhan Izzy wrote: "Sanya wrote: "It will HAVE to be Fifty Shades of Grey, definitely. Badly written, no story line, a horrible excuse for a book. Can't believe it's a bestseller..no faith in humanity left."

Did you ..."

Hahahaha! "First, find a popular idea. Rip it off. Pay some friends to stir up an online following. Get a book deal. Sue the crap out of anyone who dares try to rip you off. Don't worry about grammar, syntax, characterisation, or any alternative messages your work may convey, you can merely call domestic abuse victims trolls and block them from your twitter!"

I think I just wrote her book.

Siobhan I just read that article. I want this book just to trash her advice on the blank note pages. I can be very petty like that.

message 27: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Siobhan wrote: "I just read that article. I want this book just to trash her advice on the blank note pages. I can be very petty like that."

yea

message 28: by Olivia (new)

Olivia :)

BubblesTheMonkey I Am Number Four... it reads just like a movie script... trust me, Twilight is not half as bad as this book.

message 30: by Gerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Currently I've a mind to say "Born of Ice", by Sherrilyn Kennyon, but it might be to the taste of the fans of "Fifty Shades of Grey".

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway,it was so dull and boring.

Perenelle surprisingly, I havent read any horrible books, but i have to say everneath (i think its called that) by brodi something was awful that I never even finished it. Also, another book called Fury. *Shudder*

Perenelle BubblesTheMonkey wrote: "I Am Number Four... it reads just like a movie script... trust me, Twilight is not half as bad as this book."

I really disliked the generic names, but i thought the story was okay.

Karin The House of Night books, the first one was ok but with every book it worse. Half of the book is a repeat of something and the language - I am not native english speaking but I don't belive that 17 year old girls talk like this. Oh and Zoey she is so perfect and everybody loves her.

Paranormal_Madness Karin wrote: "The House of Night books, the first one was ok but with every book it worse. Half of the book is a repeat of something and the language - I am not native english speaking but I don't belive that 17..."

You're right. 17 year old girls don't talk like the characters in this series. PC Cast way overdid the "teen speak" angle. Instead of sounding like teenagers, she got a bunch of immature sounding brats. And yeah, Zoey is so perfect and special. She's the definition of a Mary-Sue.

message 36: by Vivi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vivi Definitely Fifty Shades of Gray. I was personally insulted and wanted to gauge my eyes out about fifty time per page....

Nichole Samantha wrote: "Karin wrote: "The House of Night books, the first one was ok but with every book it worse. Half of the book is a repeat of something and the language - I am not native english speaking but I don't ..."

I very much agree! She way over did the "Teen speak"

Paranormal_Madness Nichole wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Karin wrote: "The House of Night books, the first one was ok but with every book it worse. Half of the book is a repeat of something and the language - I am not native english spea..."

Did you know there are tons of fans who try convincing people that all of us teenagers really do talk this way? And there are grown men who defend Zoey’s actions/betrayal regarding her annoying boyfriend status. It’s unbelievable.

Lauren I hated Moby Dick, but that's probably mostly because I was too young to handle it. I don't particularly want to re-read it to test my hypothesis, though.

Charlie twighlight

Saunders As She's Told Anneke Joseph. Horrendous book and story.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

House of Night is, hands down, the worst series I have ever read. It's like Twilight 5.0.
But the worst book I ever read would be A Northern Light. I didn't like a single thing about it and then some.

Trishé Siddhartha or Knulp...I hate Herman Hesse. I also despised The Old Mad and the Sea.

Shaylynn Dickerson Nichole wrote: "Fifty Shades of Grey. The characterization was horrible. The story line also horrible. It was just horrible!!!!"

and it is prevorted

Ariel Shaylynn wrote: "Nichole wrote: "Fifty Shades of Grey. The characterization was horrible. The story line also horrible. It was just horrible!!!!"

and it is prevorted"

If you know how to spell perverted :)

Miniwriter12 I don't really know why people hate Twilight. I loved it. Well, I loved 90% because of Jacob.. XD
I have to agree, Bella is annoying, stupid, suicidal, whiny, and selfish. Edward is too protective, too fake, too OLD, too boring, and ugly (in the movie anyway- no offense, fans of Robert)
Jacob? I love Jacob, Favorite fictional character. Not old, fun, HAS AN 8-PACK, et., etc., etc...

American Wolf Fallen and Marked were the worst books ever that i read

Shaylynn Dickerson sorry i have dislekca i can spell in my head but the meseg gets lost on the way i know i will never win a spelling be lol

Shaylynn Dickerson sorry i have dislekca i can spell in my head but the meseg gets lost on the way i know i will never win a spelling be lol

message 50: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara Meagan wrote: "tale of two cities it was SOOO boring!!!"

Totally agree! I got about 30 pages in, and i was so bored

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9