Complaint Department discussion

What I really hate about... > What I really hate in m/m romance stories

Comments Showing 1-50 of 736 (736 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate menage.

message 2: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 I hate that I love cheating...I hate that I love the emotional roller coaster that cheater causes me.

message 3: by JustJen "Miss Conduct" (last edited Mar 12, 2013 11:26AM) (new)

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I hate the use of terms of endearment, such as baby and honey

message 4: by Kim (last edited Mar 12, 2013 02:36PM) (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) I hate the word prick. Unless you're calling someone said word because he is, in fact, a prick, I don't like it.

message 5: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments I hate 'the smaller man,' 'the dark haired man.'

message 6: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments I hate 'his lover.'

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I hate his "pucker"

JustJen "Miss Conduct" And I really hate when macho dudes turn all fluffy and sweet the instant they fall in love

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) *snort* pucker. Don't forget rosebud.

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) I also hate that Susan loves cheating. Bad, bad Susan!

JustJen "Miss Conduct" OMG, Kim! Rosebud! Worst one ever! Even had to remark about it in a review. :(

message 12: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) I hate it when in the midle of sex they start to speak in staccato... Need. You....Want. now... It drives me potty!!

JustJen "Miss Conduct" Or the most used "Mine"

JustJen "Miss Conduct" Oh, and I hate when they always call each others names out. Do people really do that?

message 15: by Macky (last edited Mar 12, 2013 12:54PM) (new)

Macky (mactut) I also hate when they say "the blonde" " the brunet" etc instead of using their names.

message 16: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments JustJen wrote: "Oh, and I hate when they always call each others names out. Do people really do that?"

Oh, please, please, please head over to this thread and back up my assertion that this is cheesy and weird.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...

message 17: by Macky (last edited Mar 12, 2013 01:06PM) (new)

Macky (mactut) Danni wrote: "JustJen wrote: "Oh, and I hate when they always call each others names out. Do people really do that?"

Oh, please, please, please head over to this thread and back up my assertion that this is ch..."

Just read Goestas last post on there... Funny! :D

message 18: by Jen4607 (new)

Jen4607 (jennifer4607) Add "winking hole" to the list.

Kim wrote: "*snort* pucker. Don't forget rosebud."

message 19: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) I can add one, a book I read called it a bunghole.. How sexy is that? Not!

message 20: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments I hate the word 'seed' for spunk, unless it's in a historical. Seriously disturbing but oddly arousing!

message 21: by Danni (last edited Mar 12, 2013 01:20PM) (new)

Danni | 248 comments Macky wrote: "I can add one, a book I read called it a bunghole.. How sexy is that? Not!"

I hate the fact that I'm such a pervert I know exactly which book you are talking about! I probably should get out more.

message 22: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) Danni wrote: "Macky wrote: "I can add one, a book I read called it a bunghole.. How sexy is that? Not!"

I hate the fact that I'm such a pervert I know exactly which book you are talking about! I probably shoul..."

Lol. Didn't we discuss it a few weeks ago? :D

message 23: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) Danni wrote: "I hate the word 'seed' for spunk, unless it's in a historical. Seriously disturbing but oddly arousing!"

What about spooge? Hahahaha!!! :D

message 24: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments We certainly did. I didn't get past the sample but I still encountered the bunghole.

message 25: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments Macky wrote: "Danni wrote: "I hate the word 'seed' for spunk, unless it's in a historical. Seriously disturbing but oddly arousing!"

What about spooge? Hahahaha!!! :D"

I LOVE SPOOGE.

message 26: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) Danni wrote: "We certainly did. I didn't get past the sample but I still encountered the bunghole."

Hee hee! I secretly want to read it again just to see how bad it was. It should be the poster book for this thread but Ive forgotten who wrote it! I'll have to troll my reviews.

message 27: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) Danni wrote: "Macky wrote: "Danni wrote: "I hate the word 'seed' for spunk, unless it's in a historical. Seriously disturbing but oddly arousing!"

What about spooge? Hahahaha!!! :D"

I LOVE SPOOGE."

It is an awesome word! Lol.

message 28: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments Macky wrote: "Danni wrote: "We certainly did. I didn't get past the sample but I still encountered the bunghole."

Hee hee! I secretly want to read it again just to see how bad it was. It should be the poster b..."

I'm really peeved that I can't remember author or title, so I can't look back and reminisce about the glorious bunghole.

message 29: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) I hate that I sent time looking for it but its :

First Love Forever by DianeSheridan

message 30: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments Thanks for that Macky! I forgot that there was also 'dickmeat' in the sample.

So now I'm just going to say it I HATE DICKMEAT.

message 31: by Danni (new)

Danni | 248 comments Ooh, sorry I'm on a roll now, but I also hate 'fisted his meat.'

message 32: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) Danni wrote: "Thanks for that Macky! I forgot that there was also 'dickmeat' in the sample.

So now I'm just going to say it I HATE DICKMEAT."

I LOVE dickmeat! Oh, wait... that's probably not what you meant.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate stories which read like they were heterosexual bodice rippers where the author just changed the pronoun from she to he and one guy is a short, thin, long-hared and effeminate total bottom and the other is big, tall, muscular, macho total top.

message 34: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) Lucas wrote: "I hate stories which read like they were heterosexual bodice rippers where the author just changed the pronoun from she to he and one guy is a short, thin, long-hared and effeminate total bottom an..."

I have run across one particular author who writes the exact same story twice - one M/F, the second M/M. There are probably more of them, but that's the only one I caught.

message 35: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (book_lover_too) | 337 comments The pet names are a pet peeve, but the one I REALLY hate is "lover." It reminds me of that scene from Dirty Dancing where the old cougar is talking to Johnny and calls him "lover." It has always just given me an ick factor that makes me want to vomit.

And really, who uses that? I could not imagine what my husband would say if I walked up to him and said "hey lover (in as sultry of voice as I can manage), come here so I can give you a kiss." He wouldn't be able to stop laughing long enough to kiss me.

Ije the Devourer of Books | 11786 comments I hate stories with evil pastors or religious leaders. Not all religious leaders are homophobic. Why can't we have some gay religious leaders in m/m books? I know plenty.

message 37: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 106 comments I hate unrealistic lovey-dovey mushiness. When every other sentence is so cottoncandy sweet, it makes me want to brush my teeth. I'm totally okay with romantic moments and loving conversations. But it takes every romance out of a story for me if every spoken sentence is a declaration of the deepest felt love ever experienced. Seriously, if my husband had talked to me like that, I'd have dumped him after a week.

message 38: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) I hate it when the writer has their guys "giggling" -- men don't giggle, kids giggle, teenage girls giggle, women giggle but macho hunky men ( gay or not) do not giggle!! Chuckle I could go with at a pinch if they don't want to say " laugh" but purrlease.... don't make your men giggle!

message 39: by Goesta (new)

Goesta We do too giggle!!! When we're giddy with candy. Giddily giggling like a kid who just got showered in lollies. Erm.

message 40: by Macky (last edited Mar 13, 2013 02:22AM) (new)

Macky (mactut) Noooo its still not right... Giggling + man = arrrrgh!!!
You can giggle in RL but not in my m/m romance. Lol.
Now, that showering in lollies thing... That sounds interesting!

message 41: by Goesta (new)

Goesta Point taken I shall discover another word for it! Lollies=pure sugar rush

message 42: by Macky (new)

Macky (mactut) Goesta wrote: "Point taken I shall discover another word for it! Lollies=pure sugar rush"

YAAAY! :)

JustJen "Miss Conduct" Good one, Shannon!

JustJen "Miss Conduct" Ohhhh, I hate when the top orders the bottom to "Come!," and the bottom, of course, instantly does so.

message 45: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) I hate anything involving licking, sucking, tonguing, mouthing, or any other oral action in belly buttons. Calling them navels does NOT make it any less horrifying. Might actually be worse. lol

This is probably related to the images of my pasty white dad sitting around in his threadbare, gaping briefs and his man boobs, digging lint out of his belly button with his pinky finger. Gag. Hmm... judging by the shudder and the lip curl I just weathered, I guess there's really no 'probably' about it.

(You're welcome, BTW -- just wanted to make sure I took you all down with me. You know, in case anyone WASN'T on the same page with the belly button thing, which I find hard to believe, but you never know.)

message 46: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) JustJen wrote: "Ohhhh, I hate when the top orders the bottom to "Come!," and the bottom, of course, instantly does so."

I think this belongs in BDSM only, and in M/M only... I really, really can't buy it when a woman is ordered to come, 'cause we just don't work that way. On the other hand, I know several men who can come on command.

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I don't mind it so much in BDSM, but for sure in a vanilla relationship, especially when they've only done the deed like one or two times, it just doesn't work for me.

message 48: by Kim (new)

Kim Alan (KimPossum) JustJen wrote: "I don't mind it so much in BDSM, but for sure in a vanilla relationship, especially when they've only done the deed like one or two times, it just doesn't work for me."

Agreed. :)

JustJen "Miss Conduct" I hate when guys cry at the drop of a hat. I never thought guys cried so much as when I started reading MM.

message 50: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) Kim wrote: "JustJen wrote: "Ohhhh, I hate when the top orders the bottom to "Come!," and the bottom, of course, instantly does so."

I think this belongs in BDSM only, and in M/M only... I really, really can'..."

I wanna meet Kim's friends! :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15