Hatchet (Brian's Saga, #1) Hatchet discussion

A.S.F.M book review (Rodrigo M. Gutierrez) Mr. Shiver Period: 5

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rodrigo (new)

Rodrigo Gutierrez Hatchet may be one of the best books I have ever read it is very interesting at the beginning when Gary Paulsen tells you about Brian Robeson and his family. His parents are divorced. So Brian sets of to see his father in Canada. He is in a small plane when the pilot has a heart attack and dies. Brian is forced to fly and land the plane on a lake in the middle of the woods. He has to face the wilderness all my himself for a long period of time. Some of the problems he faces in his great adventure is having to hunt, and pick up berries, all to get food from the wild. When he first crashed into the woods, all he has is his hatchet and the clothes on his backpack but after a while he starts killing and skinning animals for food and clothes. After a while all by himself in the woods, he faces his biggest challenge, he is hit by a giant tornado and everything gets ruined, but he finds the benefits from this tornado, because the plane that crashed in the water has risen to the surface and Brian is able to get the emergency kit from the back of it, call emergencies and get saved.

I would really recommend this book to any teenager who is looking for something to read, specially if you like the wilderness and you like novels with adventure in them. I think this is an amazing book and without a doubt, if I could I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Jenna W awesome book.!!!!!