Torrance Public Library discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Torrance Public Library (TorrancePublicLibrary) | 5 comments Mod
Welcome one, welcome all, to the official Torrance Public Library Goodreads Group page! Please feel free to introduce yourself so that we can all get to know each other.

message 2: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (whythelastman) | 2 comments Mod
Hi, my name is Anthony. I'm from nearby Carson. Some of my go-to reads are Robert B. Parker books, some non-fiction along the lines of Malcolm Gladwell and Chuck Klosterman, a bit of sci-fi and fantasy, and tons of manga.

I used to be a library page at Katy Geissert. I love TPL and all the people there. But most of all, I love the books!

message 3: by Anita (last edited May 21, 2013 12:05PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 36 comments I'm Anita and I've lived in Torrance for 60 years. My first library book came from the old central Library in downtown that is now the Historical Society. I am a semi-retired estate paralegal and I love to read. My favorites are Janet Evanovich, Linda Howard, Nora Roberts and anything in the romantic suspense genre. I love the paperback share racks in the branches. I get most of my books from there, although, I just got a Kindle with a large library.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee Hello. I was born and raised in Torrance, and I'm still here. I've been a life long reader, as far back as I can remember at any rate. And some of my first memories are going to the library with my family.

I read mostly fantasy and science fiction. And some young adult. But I also love historical novels and mysteries.

I do see that this group has very little activity, and hasn't seen activity for about a year. But I am interested in reaching out to a community that is in my neighborhood. So thought I would take a chance and say:

Hello, if anyone is listening :)

message 5: by Anita (last edited Apr 29, 2014 07:46PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 36 comments Hi, Nienna. I'm a very active member of Goodreads in the Nora Roberts, Linda Howard and Romantic Suspense groups. It is wonderful to see someone else from Torrance on this group. Welcome!

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee Hi, Anita. Thank you for dropping in. :)

I do read some Romance and Romance Suspense. I might take a look at those clubs.

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 36 comments I just finished reading Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts.
Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven, #1) by Nora Roberts It is the first of a trilogy and is a paranormal lite. We are reading the trilogy for the Nora Roberts group. Read along and drop in on the discussion.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello. :)

I'm Traci, and I'm a lifelong (so far anyway) resident of Torrance, and a reader.

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 36 comments Welcome Traci, this group doesn't have much activity so I am glad you decided to post. I am also a lifelong resident of Torrance.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. I noticed. But I saw recent activity on my group feed page and figured I'd go ahead and say hi. Hi.