What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mountain Valor
This topic is about Mountain Valor
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Civil War children's book [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katherine Quast | 5 comments Hi-
I remember reading this great book in sixth grade (I'm in ninth now), and I wanted to tell my cousin about it.
It's about a girl growing up in the south, and her father goes and joins the Union and her brother joins the Confederacy. The girl's mom, her cousin (who is a boy) and their farm hands stay on their farm. All is well until a group of soldiers come and try to take all of their animals and such. The girl's mom knows the leader and when he tries to have sex with the mother, she shoots him. The girl then cuts her hair and goes to track down the animals and bring them home. She meets a lady who refuses to wear skirts or dresses (that's really all I remember of her) and the lady gives the girl some supplies and some tea leaves that make the drinkers really sleepy. The girl then finds the soldiers and joins their group for about 3 to 4 days. On the night before they were supposed to move on, she gives them the sleepy tea and steals back her animals and brings them home...

Thats all I really remember, but I know that there's more to the ending. Thanks to everyone for helping!!

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Sounds like Mountain Valor

Katherine Quast | 5 comments Yup, that's it cause I recognize the cover, thank you so much!!! You are truly amazing!

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
You're welcome! I'm happy to help. :)