Douglas County Libraries RA Group discussion

An excellent resource for erotica

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica (ekgo) | 10 comments So, what if a patron comes up to you and whispers, "I'm trying to spice up my bedroom life and I want to read some saucy story about bondage and stuff but I hated the 50 Shades books because they were far too tame. Do you have any suggestions?"
If you don't read a lot of erotica, you probably have no suggestions. Even if you've secretly compiled a list of good sexyfuntimes stories, you may have missed some of the more amusing titles out there.
And so, I would like to recommend karen.
karen (she rarely uses uppercase letters) is my favorite reviewer on Goodreads and she loves to read and review erotica. Right now, she's been writing reports on monsterotica - seriously, there is something out there for everyone.
You can find her erotica reviews here:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

She usually doesn't rate them unless something about a particular book is rate-worthy. She does this more for entertainment and enlightenment and is fully aware the the literary value of these works may be questionable.

But this list is a fantastic go-to resource for anyone looking to spice up their day with good, old-fashioned zombie sex. Or any other kind of sex, for that matter.

message 2: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 22 comments Working with our new Smashwords ebook collection has been enlightening. So many genres I didn't know about - like, for example, "Alien Abduction Romance." Amazing!

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica (ekgo) | 10 comments I also did not know that was a genre, but after seeing Karen's last review about just that...well, I can believe it!