Harry Potter discussion

Movies > The Actors

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cecilie (new)

Cecilie | 7 comments Which of the actors/actresses do you think was best and worst cast?

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) | 27 comments I think the Harry Potter series has the best cast in the world. :-)

message 3: by Cecilie (new)

Cecilie | 7 comments Oh yeah, Alan Rickman was amazing :)

message 4: by Kim BookGirl (new)

Kim BookGirl Alan Rickman is fantastic but Kenneth Branagh was perfect as Lockhart.
As for worst...hard to say as they are all so good. Imelda Staunton is too attractive for Umbridge but played the part brilliantly. Emma Thompson wasn't quite as I imagined either but still fine.

message 5: by Filipa (new)

Filipa (gingeryeti) Alan Rickman was simply fantastic, he played Snape exactly as I had imagined and that voice! :)

message 6: by Shastina (new)

Shastina  Henderson (shastinahenderson) Rupert Grint was wonderful. Seriously.
And Alan Rickman, seriously, they could NOT have cast a better actor for him.

message 7: by Shastina (new)

Shastina  Henderson (shastinahenderson) I said seriously a lot, hahah.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments Yes, Alan Rickman and Maggie Smith just can't be beat. :) In the younger group, I also have to pick Rupert--Ron has a tricky balance of sidekick humor and going from immature to slightly-less immature as a character and I think Rupert did it all well.

message 9: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 3 comments Rupert is the best from the trio.

Among the other students, loved Evanna Lynch as Luna.

Otherwise, Alan Rickman and Lucius Malfoy are brilliant. And Ralph Fiennes and Helena Bonham Carter.

message 10: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Mar 26, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Some of my favorites: Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane, Jason Isaacs, Imelda Staunton, Brendan Gleeson, Jim Broadbent, Tom Felton, Evanna Lynch, Rupert Grint, Julie Walters, Robert Hardy (Fudge), and Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter).

A few that don't quite click for me: Bill Nighy (not sure why, but his accent in DH1 always irritates me), Bonnie Wright (probably not her fault, given that she didn't have much to work with), Clemence Poesy (just not dazzling enough appearance wise), and Michael Gambon in GoF and OotP. And I wish they'd gone with a different look for Helen McCrory's Narcissa.

But I've re-watched the movies so many times that I don't really have much of a problem with anyone anymore.

message 11: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 23 comments I like Emma Watson!!!

message 12: by Cammie (new)

Cammie (ham4cam) | 9 comments Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!