YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Reading Habits Share

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Greta (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:36AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments So we can get to know each other better :)

Answer the following questions:
(Honestly...they don't have to be these exact questions but could instead be any Who, What, When, Where, How, and Why, related to your reading habits:)

Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)
When do you read? or maybe When did you know you were a book-nerd?
Where do you read?
Why do you choose the books you do? (What's the attraction?..cover, author, a particular premise etc.)
How much do you read? (Tell us your 2013 book goal and how close you are to achieving it)

message 2: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Who: my favorite authors are RR Tolkien, JK Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Agatha Christie, Paulo Coelho but I would love to read from other authors too. For the last 4 years I spent my time reading YA/NA I love Colleen Hoover, Julie Kagawa, J.A Redmerski and now I think I fall in love with Chelsea Fine :D
What: I read anykind of genre, some of it I love some not but my favorite is fantasy, high fantasy to be exactly. Actually I prefer standalone book but when I read a very addictive good book, I want it to became a series.
When: I read since I was a little, my dad used to buy me children magazine. But reading is not a popular hobby in my country, so I rarely found friends who love to read. When I was in junior school, I found friends who love Sherlock Holmes, I borrowed his SH collection and he borrowed my Agatha Christie collection. I guess that was when I realize I wanted more books than I ever had.
Where: I read everywhere, even at bathroom and public transportation but my favorite place is at my bedroom.
How: I picked up my reading usually based on my favorite authors, the blurb, friends' recommendation and sometimes based on rating in goodreads, the cover or even reading challenge theme :D
This year I challenge my self to read 160 books and have read 30 books so far.

message 3: by Novel (last edited Mar 12, 2013 10:38PM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2890 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
>>> I have read a lot of books so I have so many favorite authors! For YA/NA, my favorites are Colleen Hoover, John Green, Marissa Meyer, Gayle Forman, etc... For Adult Fiction I love Kresley Cole, Nicholas Sparks, Dan Brown and Deborah Harkness' novels.

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)
>>> my favorite genres are YA, NA, realistic fiction, romance, fantasy and dystopian. I prefer ebooks because I'm away from home, i don't have space for hard copies. =/

>>> I read everyday! I started reading short stories when I was 6 years old, but I stopped when I became really busy at school because I was a hyper active kid back then (I joined a lot of extra curricular activities). My passion for reading resurfaced when I was 12, HP ftw!

Where do you read?
>>> I read at home, mostly in my bed... I also read at work. =D

Why do you choose the books you do? (What's the attraction?..cover, author, a particular premise etc.)
>>> I have to admit that the first thing that draws my attention when it comes to books are the covers, but I don't buy/borrow them until I've read the synopsis. Also, if the author is one of my favorites, i have to have their book!

How much do you read? (Tell us your 2013 book goal and how close you are to achieving it)
>>> My 2013 reading goal is 100, but since i have already read 69 books, I might increase my goal to 150 or 200.

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5347 comments Who do you read?
- I have a lot of favorite authors for every genre.

- YA, NA, Paranormal/Fantasy, Contemporary, Romance, Mystery/Thriller. Any book will do. Paperback, Hardcover or Ebook.

- I read whenever I feel like it. I started reading when I was 4 or 5 years old. Story books by Dr. Seuss and some Disney movies turned into a story book. Also, I read True Philippine Ghost Stories, then Harry Potter to Twilight... so on and so forth. :D

Where do you read?
- Bed, before I go to sleep.
- At school, if it's break time

- Book covers and summaries usually draws my attention or if the author is familiar to me.

- My goal for this year is 50. So far I've read 16 books. We'll never know, I might increase it. It depends.

message 5: by Greta (last edited Mar 13, 2013 07:54AM) (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Who do you read?
I love Cassandra Clare, and Julie Kagawa, and recently John Green and Gayle Forman.
What is your favorite genre?
I love mostly paranormal, but there's always got to be some romance!! for me to truly love it :) I 'm an ebook convert.
When do you read?
I read at night mostly when my kids are asleep.
Where do you read?
I read mostly in bed, but sometimes I"ll snuggle in a blanket on the couch.
Why do you choose a book?
I like to see what my Goodreads friends say about a book before I read it. I like to read reviews and check overall ratings on Goodreads or Amazon.
How much do you read?
I read about 2-3 books a week. I have a goal of 125 books for the year,and I'm about 37 books in, but some are extras or novellas.

message 6: by Kinsey (new)

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 46 comments Who do you read?
James Patterson, Abbi Glines, Lauren Oliver, Courtney Allison Moulton, and probably Cornelia Funke
What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book?
Tough one... hmm.. I think if I absolutely had to choose it would be Before I Fall.
When do you read?
Anytime I can! Seriously, I always have a book on me, and you rarely find me watching tv when I have a good book on my shelf ^_^
Where do you read?
Generally in my bedroom. It's small and has one window, but I love stretching out on my bed and getting lost in the story :)
Why do you choose the books you do?
Sometimes I choose them because of the blurbs, other times I choose them because someone recommended it to me, and sometimes I just go cover shopping
How much do you read?
Probably too much for it to be considered healthy... My goal this year is 100. It will be the first year I have started from the beginning (I joined in the middle of last year :P) So I think I'll be able to reach it. I am 19% through and on my way to 20

message 7: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Who do you read?
Depends on what I'm in the mood for, but I think I've reread J.K. Rowling, Janet Evanovich, Stephenie Meyer, Veronica Roth, Libba Bray, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl the most. I'll probably read a lot of Tara Sivec, Jennifer L. Armentrout, M. Leighton and Rick Riordan in the future.

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)
My favorite genres are YA, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic, Paranormal (particularly zombies) and Fairytale Retellings.
I prefer reading hardcover books, but really any format will do.

When do you read?
I read whenever my kids are in school or in bed.

Where do you read?
I used to read on my couch, but I recently bought my hubby a recliner so I curl up on that if I can. I also read in bed sometimes, but only for a few minutes before I fall asleep.

I have a few different reasons for choosing the books that I do. The first is the cover, the second is the blurb and the third is a recommendation from a trusted friend :)

How much do you read?
I normally read around 2 books a week, but I'm on a bit of a reading slump right now. My goal for this year is 150 books and I'm currently 15 books behind schedule :/

message 8: by Jonababez (last edited Mar 14, 2013 07:24AM) (new)

Jonababez | 2458 comments Who do you read?
A lot of different authors! But I love Rick Riordan, Marissa Meyer, Tammara Webber, Simone Elkeles, Gayle Forman, Cornelia Funke, Lauren Oliver and many more! :)

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)
I love dystopian, fantasy, fairytale retellings and a bit of NA. I prefer paperbacks that's why I've got too many books at home. :)

When do you read?
I read everyday, before I go to sleep.

Where do you read?
In my bed.

Based on authors. If I love the author, I do read them, even without reading their descriptions. LOL! Then, based on the premise and cover.

How much do you read?
I normally read one book during weekdays. Then, I read more during weekends. It depends on my free time. :)
My goal for this year is 100 books, though I personally to read 150. :)

message 9: by Joanna Marie (last edited Mar 15, 2013 06:06AM) (new)

Joanna Marie (joannacapats) Who do you read? Many but lined up authors currently are: Veronica Roth, Cassandra Clare, Marissa Meyer, Tahereh Mafi, John Green

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc) I'm enjoying mostly YA/fantasy/paranormal/suspense-thriller for both standalone and series books and productivity/self-help/bio/business books for the standalones too. I prefer paperbacks/hardbounds on nonfiction while I don't mind to get more ebooks for my fiction books.

When do you read?I read on my freetime - sometimes if I finish work early on weekdays but mostly on weekends.

Where do you read?I usually read at my home office, at the laundry (lounge area), at the mall, library or bedroom.

Why do you choose the books you do?I choose books based on authors, plot and reviews. Pretty or bad covers won't be an issue for me.

How much do you read?I do read one book at a time. Once I finish one, I'll to go to the other. I don't read different books all at the same time. I however could be slow or fast depending on free time so I could either finish a book in a month or in a span of 3 days.

message 10: by Thalyta (last edited Mar 14, 2013 10:36AM) (new)

Thalyta S. (snowedinwithbooks) This is fun! Ok, here we go.

Who? There are so many authors I like! Who I've read most, is Meg Cabot I guess, I read her books since I was little...

What? My favorite genre is YA. Right know I’m on my dystopia/post apocalyptic faze. And romance of course. I'm a helpless romantic, if the book has a cute couple, that's pretty much half way for me to like it. For me, there is no doubt about hardcover books. I just LOVE them, they are so pretty. BUT now I read most of my books on my kindle, just because it's easier. and I prefer series than stand alone books. When I like something I get addicted really often :P

When?/Where? Now that I've came back to work all day, I read on the bus to e from work, on my lunch break, and before bed. Well and everywhere, anywhere. Just give me some free time and I'm picking up my kindle... Waiting in line, and stuff like that. When I’m home, I like to read on my bed, and on my lunch break in a conference room that no one uses.

Why? Many things... mostly because of people say. If there's a big fuss about some book, I get anxious to read it too, and know what's all about :P but also by the premise, sometimes by the author... sometimes it's even random things, just because I liked the cover or the name of the book. lol

How much? hum, last year I didn't read much, work gave me no free time. But this year I've read about 30 books? 'cause I was at home with too much free time. But I've just got back to work, and so far I've been reading 2-3 books a week? But I'm not sure how my reading will turn out to be from now on... so I hope I'll be able to read at least 70 books (40 more) until the end of the year.

message 11: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (fzb28) | 40 comments Who do you read?
I like a lot of authors, but my favorites would have to be: J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Cassandra Clare, Veronica Roth and Lauren Oliver.

What is your favorite book genre?
Sci-fi, Fantasy, and YA. Recently I've been reading a lot of Dystopians (I LOVE DYSTOPIANS!). And of course I prefer hard-copies.

When do you read?
I read at any time of the day. The moment I wake up I would first grab a book and read at least 2-3 chapters before getting up. Whenever I want to relax. Before going to bed. And whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, around 3am (I dunno why, but I just wake up at the hour) I would read then sleep again at around 5am.

Where do you read?
I read anywhere. At home. At school, during breaks. At the mall, after shopping I'd stop by a starbucks get a drink and read some chapters. But mostly just at home coz I like to read on my bed.

At first it's either the cover or the title that catches my attention. If I like either of the two, then I read the plot. If I like it then I'd buy it then read it :)

How much do you read?
Not much really. Most of my time is eaten by school and the chores I have to do at home. I can only hope to be able to read at least 50 books per year.

message 12: by Bee (new)

Bee Caluya (yourqueen) | 5 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?) Jennifer L. Armentrout, Stephanie Perkins, Suzanne Collins & Colleen Hoover are my favorite authors. <3

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc) I love romance and anything YA. But I kinda try reading different genres of books to expand my horizon.

When do you read? or maybe When did you know you were a book-nerd? Anytime of the day when I feel like reading. I started to love reading when I was a freshman in High School, i think. But got really into it when I was a Junior.

Where do you read? Anywhere. But usually in quiet places where I can concentrate.

Why do you choose the books you do? I get hooked by the cover and the summary. And if it has romance in it, then I'll go read it.

How much do you read? I read a lot. I tend to finish a book in one sitting. I like it like that because if it's a good book, i want my imagination to be continuous. If you know what i mean. :)

message 13: by Novie Chryss (last edited Mar 28, 2013 02:09AM) (new)

Novie Chryss (noviechryss) | 6 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
- JK Rowling, Paulo Coelho, Suzanne Collins, LM Montgomery, and John Green are my fave authors.

- Mystery and thriller books are on top of my list. And a mixture of fantasy and contemporary YA's. And right now, I'm encouraging myself to read more classics. :)
Lately I've been reading ebooks but I would still prefer to read the printed words of a hardcopy over ebooks. (Plus I'm kinda addicted to the smell of books, so yeah, I still prefer a real book) :)

- Whenever I have free time and there's nothing I need to do. I'd rather read than be idle. I love reading since I was 11. The Harry Potter series triggered the bookworm in me.

Where do you read?
- Anywhere!

- I first look at the author. If I like the author I would most likely pick it from the shelf. But the real thing that attracts me is the plot. If there's some sort of mystery then that will definitely grab my attention and I would eventually read the book. Sometimes I rely on book ratings and reviews (but I'm really careful not to look at spoilers).

- When I was in High School and College, I read a lot. I read every single day. If I'm about to finish a book I make sure that there's another book next in line. But right now my on-hand-books that I haven't read yet are piling up and I mean to finish them all this summer.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

- My go to author is Cat Clarke, I absolutely love Torn and am now reading her first book, Entangled.

- I like science fiction a lot, but really I'll read most YA. And I recently got a Kobo eReader so I read off that, but I prefer paperbacks, nothing beats them :)

- Since I was really little. I read almost every night and stay up late into the night when I'm really into a book.

Where do you read?
- Everywhere! On the bus, at home, at a friend's haha I'll read anywhere

- I admit I judge books by the cover, oops! Or rather, by the spine, because in bookstores that's usually the first thing you'll see. Then I pull out the book, read the blurb and if I like the sound of it I either wing it or search it up on Goodreads and read reviews

- My 2013 goal is only 20 books because I don't read that much because I have a lot of homework and assignments. But I read as much as possible and hope to increase my goal each year until I can't reach it!

message 15: by Iz (new)

Iz Alcausin (izalcausin) | 69 comments Who do you read?
I read a lot of books but my favorite authors are J.K Rowling, Cassandra Clare, Christopher Pike, Judith McNaught, Veronica Roth, and Suzanne Collins

YA, historical fiction, chick lit, fantasy, romance, dystopian

When do you read?
When I was in High School I read almost everyday. Right now I only have time to read on vacations. But sometimes when I'm stressed out because of studying too much, I turn to novels to calm me down. I mean, nobody wants to read a lot of non-fiction books, right?

Where do you read?
Anywhere, as long as I'm in the mood to read. But mostly I read while I'm lying on my bed.

To be perfectly honest, I sometimes choose a book based on its cover. A book with a captivating cover makes me curious about it. Some of the books I've read were sometimes recommendations made by my friends. But what interests me the most is, of course, the plot.

How much do you read?
I really read a lot when I have loads of time. But right now I'm a Pharmacy student and I gave up reading books during school days so that I could concentrate on my studies. I'm really dedicated to my studies since I plan on going to Med school that's why I study almost 24/7. So this summer I'm going to balance my time between my internship and catching up with the books I haven't read yet. :)

Leigh (bibliosky) (leighsalv) Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
Beth Revis
Genre: YA Contemporary, YA SciFi
Series: Across the Universe
Stand-alone: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Format: paperback then hardbound then ebook
Everyday!
Where do you read?
My history and english class lol, my bedroom, the living room, the kitchen, or in the car. What the heck, just everywhere xD
The cover and when the summary sounds intriguing.
Right now my goal is to read 80 books or more this year and I read 50-100 pages a day.

message 17: by Marie (new)

Marie | 257 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)

Beth Revis, Karen Marie Moning, J.K. Rowling, Jennifer Echols, Sarra Manning, Richelle Mead, Veronica Rossi and I'm sure I forgot many,

Genre:I read almost any kind of genre. Dystopian and comptemporary used to be my favorites but Scifi and High fantasy are growing on me.
Series:They're to many of them to name them all but :Harry Potter (DUH!), Across the universe, Under the never sky, Graceling,Fever(karen Marie Moning) Vampire Academy, Ashes, The hunger games and many others
Stand-Alone: Unsticky and You don't have to say you love me by Sarra Manning and many others
Format: Hardback and paperpack. I like the feel of a paperpack better in my hands (and the price) but hardcovers are beautiful on a shelf and I think of them as a form of art!

I read almost everyday. I used to read a lot when I was young but I've only got back into it last year and that's when I started reading in v.o. and really got ''addicted''.

Where do you read?

My bedroom, my dad's room, in my bathroom when I take a bath!

1. The cover. Yes I judge a book by it's cover. When I'm on a review's blog and I fly through the pages, they're so many books and I can pay attention to all of them so when a pretty cover catch my eyes, I pay attention to it. Same thing when I shop in a bookstore. I can pick up evey book there and read the summary, I would spent an entire week there if I was doing that. So when I see a pretty spine that stands out, I pick up the book and see what it looks like. Also, I don't really read summurat because I don't like to know the story of the book. What I do is that I look for ''keyworks'' in reviews. Ex: Passion and chemistry, suspens, etc. It gives me an idea of what's in the book, what kind of story, etc. but it doesn't say too much. Just what I want to know.

I read a lot. This year, my goal is 130 because last year I've read around 100 books and I only start reading a lot at the end of summer so I wanted a bigger goal this year. So far I've read 46 books ans short stories.

message 18: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
J.K.Rowling,Jennifer L.Armentrout,Sarah Dessen,Meg Cabot and Richelle Mead

Genre-Paranormal,Dystopia and Contemporary Romance
Series-Vampire Academy
Stand Alone-The Host
Type I prefer-hardcover

When do you read?
I don't have a specific time to read.I even read between classes.But I prefer reading at night.

Where do you read?
Mostly my bedroom.But I don't care about the place when I read.

I am a big fan of judging the book by the cover.If I love the cover,I'll immediately check it out.Before I joined goodreads,I didn't care about what I am reading.But ever since I joined reviews and ratings play a big part when I choose a book.

My goal for this year is 50,but I am thinking of increasing my goal since I've read 41.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimmylam88) | 511 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
-Hmm....I don't read a book base on specific authors. So I'm not sure.

-I love Tiger Curse series, Mortal Instruments series and other series which are romance and fantasy genre. I prefer hard cover books and recently fell in love with ebook.

-I read as soon as I get the time to read. I always read before I go to bed which always have me sleeping somewhere 1-2am.
I knew I was a book worm since childhood I guess. I became a bookaholic (*collect books*) since 16.

Where do you read?
-I love reading in a quiet place like my bedroom but I read where ever I am at-that-moment all the time.

-Mostly because the covers are beautiful but recently I'm into recommendations and 5 star reviews, cause I hate reading a book where the story sucks but the cover nice (*which makes it hard to donate or sell the book....(*puts me in dilemma*)*)

-My goal this year is 150 cause last year I read 129, which was unexpected. So far I've read only 20 books.

message 20: by Claudette (new)

Claudette (divergentgryffindor) | 59 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
I don't read books based on authors so I'm not sure about that.

I like YA sci-fi. I love The Giver, The Hunger Games Series, Divergent Trilogy, and a lot more books. I prefer hard cover books or ebooks. ;)

Whenever I have free time, I read. Back then, I hated reading books (idk why) and then there came my obsession in reading books just a few months ago (I'm glad that my obsession started now that I'm 13).

Where do you read?
I like to read in quiet places or just whereever I am.

Usually because of the reviews of other people and because of the cover and the author.

My goal is to read 50 and I already read 22 (I'm a new bookworm that's why my goal is just small for now.

message 21: by ƒяєєѕσυℓ (last edited Apr 20, 2013 03:33PM) (new)

ƒяєєѕσυℓ | 8 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
Chris d’ Lacey, J.K Rowling, Erin Hunter and Cornelia Funuke.

What is your favourite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)
Ebook, and my favourite book is White Ninja by Tiffany Hall.

I knew I was a book nerd when I was eight years old. I read at night.

Where do you read? In my bedroom

Cover, author and it’s name.

100 books and I’m nowhere near to achieving it.

message 22: by Jacques (new)

Jacques du Plessis | 11 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
My absolute #1 author is Brandon Sanderson and George R.R. Martin coming in a close second. Peter V. Brett an author I recently discovered would be third.

My favorite book is The Way of Kings. It's rated 4.57 on this site with 50,000+ votes and it earned every single vote and more. My favorite series is A Song of Ice and Fire. I mainly read fantasy.

I wasn't a book nerd till I was 12 however once I started I still haven't stopped. I've read a lot of unpublished books as well that were really great.

Where do you read?
Everywhere :P

Pretty much everything from cover to author to genre. Having read many fantasy books I've at least heard of/read the most popular books. Therefore I am able to gauge the Fantasy genre quite well.

message 23: by Bee (new)

Bee (yowgaile) | 5 comments Who: J.K. Rowling, Cornelia Funke, Nicholas Sparks.
What: I love to read Dystopian and Classic books. I was once into YA but I think I kind of got tired of it but I still read some of them especially Divergent Series because it is still not finished. I prefer hardcovers but since they are more expensive than paperbacks I buy paperback books.
When: I prefer reading at night because it is quiet and no one can disturb me because all of them are already sleeping.
Why: I choose books because of the author, book reviews and recommendations of my friends. I have to know the idea of the book before I read it so that I will be interested in it.
How: I read a lot if I have time but I have so little time this year because I am preparing for college entrance tests. I have to study well to be able to enter my dream school.

message 24: by Kellie (last edited Jun 17, 2013 01:13AM) (new)

Kellie (kelliesbookvenue) | 17 comments Who do you read?: Sarah Dessen, Susane Colasanti, Laurie Faria Stolarz

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer?:

1. My favorite book genre is Thriller because it's really exciting and it keeps me on my toes at all times.
2. I prefer hard-copy because I like how the cover doesn't bend. I know, I'm weird.

When do you read? or maybe When did you know you were a book-nerd?:

1. At night, when it's quiet and I'm not surrounded by anyone.

2. Ever since 4th grade when I got my hands on any book I could find in my school library.

Where do you read?:

In my room, mostly.

Why do you choose the books you do? (What's the attraction?..cover, author, a particular premise etc.):

I choose books depending on the author's other works of art or their ratings.

How much do you read? (Tell us your 2013 book goal and how close you are to achieving it):
1. If a book is really good, it takes me about one to two days to finish it.

2. I'm far from achieving my 2013 book goal. I want to read 60 books throughout the summer and if possible, I'm planning to make the challenge even longer. Right now I've read only two books.

message 25: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments I hadn't seen this before. :)

Anything humorous and witty has always got my attention, which is why I love P.G Wodehouse, Oscar Wilde and Douglas Adams. I also love Sharon Shinn, mainly for her book Summers At Castle Auburn. I love how to writes fantasy worlds. I'm also a huge Sherlock Holmes nerd. But I'm really into YA books. :)

What is your favorite book series or stand-alone book?
Hmmm. My favourite stand-alone book is definitely Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn. Seriously, guys, go check it out! My favourite series are Vampire Academy, TimeRiders, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, the Wardstone Chronicles and, of course, Sherlock Holmes.

When do you read?
I read all the time! When I have time to myself I usually end up reading. I walk around the house with my face stuck in a book and almost crash into things.

Where do you read?
Mainly in my bedroom. It's comfy.

I study Graphic Design, so if a book has a nice cover that's definitely a huge plus! Honestly, I see what people are saying about the book on Goodreads and if everyone loves it I give it a try.

My challenge for this year is to read a 100 books. I'm already at 60 books. I think joining this group has made me read more than I usually do, so I might end up updating that challenge to make it higher!

message 26: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jul 01, 2013 02:24AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83075 comments Mod
I like J. R. Ward, although the last book I read of hers was a bit disappointing. I'm really looking forward to Monsters (Ashes Trilogy, #3) by Ilsa J. Bick Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles, #2) by Kat Zhang Revelations (The Elysium Chronicles, #2) by J.A. Souders though as I loved their previous books.

My favourite series is the faythe sanders series by Rachel Vincent. I haven't read them in a couple of years now though so I should probably re-read them soon to see if they're still me favourite! Another fav is the 'Last Year' series by Trisha Leigh, those books were awesome!

What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)

if you'd asked me this before I got my kindle I'd have said physical books, but now I love ebooks. I can do some much other stuff whilst reading on my kindle - letting my nails dry, straightening my hair, cooking dinner. I get so much more stuff read when I read on the kindle it just doesn't compare to real books.

When do you read?

pretty much constantly!

When did you know you were a book-nerd?

I've always loved books. When I was 8 I'd read every children's book at the library and had to move on to the young adult titles!

Where do you read?

everywhere. nowhere is safe. when I was younger I even used to read in the shower.

a lot of books that I read are review requests. otherwise I'm a sucker for a pretty cover, or if a book is getting a lot of attention I'm easily led too. a lot of the time I try to not read the blurb right before I read the book though as I often find they're misleading or contain spoilers!

well, my goal was 220 books, but I went past that at the beginning of june, so it's now 300, but I've already read 244 so it will either go up again, or I'll just keep reading and see what number I get to!

message 27: by Abbie (last edited Jul 01, 2013 02:35AM) (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Who do you read?
I'll try anyone if the book looks good.

Apocalyptic, Post apocalyptic, Dystopia, Survival and Paranormal are my favorite genres. I love hardback books, but i own mainly paperbacks as it's cheaper and allows me to buy more. eReaders are great for freebies and cheap books, so i love eBooks too.

When do you read?
I read everyday.

Where do you read?
Anywhere! Mainly my bedroom though.

Depends on what genre i feel like, then i choose which plot sounds best out of those.

My goal for this year is 250, and so far i'm 178 in. So i'll most likely have too up it. It started out as 100, but since i got my kindle i've been reading alot more.

message 28: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Abbie wrote: "Who do you read?
I'll try anyone if the book looks good.

Apocalyptic, Post apocalyptic, Dystopia, Survival and Paranormal are my fav..."

Wow! Impressive! 178 books already !

message 29: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Sarah wrote: " Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
I like J. R. Ward, although the last book I read of hers was a bit disappointing. I'm really looking forward to Monsters (Ashes Trilogy, #3) by Ilsa J. Bick[bookcov..."

244 books! You are a reading machine!
:)

message 30: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Martha wrote: "I hadn't seen this before. :)

Anything humorous and witty has always got my attention, which is why I love P.G Wodehouse, Oscar Wilde and Douglas Ad..."

When I joined this group, the amount I read also went up:)

message 31: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments Kellie wrote: "Who do you read?: Sarah Dessen, Susane Colasanti, Laurie Faria Stolarz

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer?:

1. My favorite boo..."
Good luck with your goal :) 60 books for the summer is a lot!

message 32: by Zuzia (new)

Zuzia | 99 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?) Veronica Roth, Pittacus Lore, Erin Hunter.

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? Warriors, Divergent, Harry Potter, Twilight, The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud, Uglies, and Heartland.

What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc) I have a Kindle and I like how convenient it is and how I can turn a page with merely the tap of a finger. I also like physically having the book and flipping pages. Paperbacks get ruined easier, but are also easier to hold. Hardcover are nicer. I can't say I prefer any one particularly.

When do you read? When I can, so that's at night, during long car rides, and when I take breaks from studying/hw.

Where do you read? At my desk, in the car, on my bed.

Why do you choose the books you do? (What's the attraction?..cover, author, a particular premise etc.) Usually it's the cover or title that seems promising, then I look at the summary and if it seems interesting and worth my time I'll give it a try.

message 33: by Kat (new)

Kat (kaitlins16) I wrote . . . a lot for this. But that's because I had a lot of things to say. :)

Who do you read?

Richelle Mead, Sarah Dessen, Scott Westerfeld, Kody Keplinger, Simone Elkeles, John Green

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer?

1)I really love to read YA (and many with a hint of NA) contemporary books, but I also love urban fantasy and a bit of everything else.
2) I usually answer the series question with with the VA and Bloodlines, but I would like to add in a few other favorites that I don't usually answer with: Perfect Chemistry, Sea Breeze, The Midnighters Trilogy, Leviathan Trilogy, Eon, and the Covenant series.
3)Some of my favorite standalones include , The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend, Willow, Bleeding Violet, Paper Towns, and This Lullaby.

Well, I'll read any time, but right now it's summer, so I like to read in the evening and later because it's not as hot. I truly became a book-nerd after my mom bought me The Golden Compass for my birthday in sixth grade (I was what? Twelve years old? Jeez, I can't believe that was almost six years ago) just because of the polar bear on the cover. After I read it, I actually either returned the book or gave it away so I could get the entire trilogy in one mammoth of a book. Then I discovered Twilight, Sarah Dessen, Scott Westerfeld and a bunch of other books/authors that I consider my first experiences with YA books.

Where do you read?

I always read on my bed. My house is pretty small, and it's the only place where I won't be distracted the sound of the tv, the dogs, or my mom.

Honestly, the first thing that draws me into a book is the cover. Then I look more into it: reviews, average ratings, genres, elements. There has been a lot of times where I get a book without knowing much about it. I hear it's good, so I'm drawn to it. This mostly happens with contemporaries lately. They don't disappoint me very often, and I know from experience how to spot a book that I know I will love. That happened with Because of Low by Abbi Glines. Within, like, the first five to ten minutes of first discovering the book and reading the description, it was on my kindle.

I've read 73 out of my 130 goal this year (including a few short stories and an essay--which I counted because I had to write a long analysis of it and it was a lot of work). I have Goodreads shelves of books I read in 2012 and 2011 (which I had kept track by hand because I wasn't really into Goodreads yet) and both have 131 titles on them.

message 34: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments Who do you read? I love Rohinton Mistry, Dean Koontz (for when I just want to escape)

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? One Fine Balance is a fav. Loved Hunger Games books one and two....I like both paper books and ebooks.

When do you read? Every night before bed. I read a lot in the summer, Christmas and Spring

Where do you read? Anywhere, in bed, on the couch, on my deck, at the beach. I even read when I am brushing my teeth.

Why do you choose the books you do? I really get attracted to covers. I also pick books based on authors.

How much do you read? (Tell us your 2013 book goal and how close you are to achieving it) My 2013 goal is 65 books. I am behind but hope to catch up in the summer.

message 35: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments Who do you read? I read a lot of YA/NA authors like Elizabeth Reyes, Tammara Webber and Quinn Loftis

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc) I love NA/YA books that have love or anything interesting

When do you read? or maybe When did you know you were a book-nerd? I usually read when I'm on vacation from school or when I'm overwhelmed with college. I started to really become a book nerd last summer when I got an iPad and discovered iBooks :)

Where do you read? mostly my room but anywhere as long as the environment is quiet

Why do you choose the books you do? (What's the attraction?..cover, author, a particular premise etc.) If it's NA/YA i read the blurb and see if it's interesting enough to read

How much do you read? (Tell us your 2013 book goal and how close you are to achieving it) I read as much as I can. My goal is 55 books and I'm only 21 away from meeting my goal :)

message 36: by Jess (new)

Jess | 329 comments Who do you read?

Recently I've fallen in love with the work of Elizabeth Wein, Fiona Paul and Victoria Schwab. Before I really got into the social book world, back when I was just reading on my own and I was the only book nerd I knew, I read a lot of Robert Muchamore (he writes funny but exciting teen spy novels) and of course the Harry Potter books.

What type of book do you prefer? (ebook, hard-copy, soft-copy etc)

This is really not an easy question... I love so many books! Genre, probably YA historical fiction. Series... I guess of all time would be Harry Potter, though there are many I've read more recently that I've also loved. And I much prefer hardcovers or paperbacks to ebooks.

When do you read? When did you know you were a book-nerd?
I read all the time. Whenever I get the chance. There's almost always a book in my purse for just in case. And I have always been a book nerd. I was "that girl" who always had a book in her desk in school and was excited for the library visits. And took out way more books than anyone else. Still am "that girl." :P

Where do you read?
It's easiest for me to read in bed or on the couch at home because it's quiet, but I also read on the bus commuting to and from classes and whenever else I can find some time.

Often if it's an author I love I'll pick it up. I'll always look at the synopsis for YA historical fiction and dystopian/post-apocalyptic and based on that I'll often pick those up. When I'm physically in the book store, covers that grab me can definitely find a space on my shelf. And then recommendations from trusted bookish friends.

My goal this year is 100 books and so far I'm right on track with 51 read. Summer is actually a slower time for me because I work a full time job, whereas during the school year I have commuting time and between classes to read, so it'll probably pick up again come September. I'm hoping to beat 100!

message 37: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sknack) | 95 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
I don't really have go-to authors, but I do really like Maggie Stiefvater, Sophie Jordan, Marie Lu, Beth Revis, Kathy Reichs, Charlaine Harris, Jefferson Bass, Jane Austen, Sarah Donati, Veronica Rossi, Veronica Roth, Suzanne Collins, Moira Young, and more...

I like a lot of genres of books, but mostly post-apocalyptic, dystopian, paranormal, historical fiction (with a touch of romance), contemporary chick lit, CSI/Bones types of crime fiction. I like all formats of books. I like the feel of real pages, but find that I read faster when I'm reading on my Kindle.

I read when I have time or am waiting for something (appointment, daughter's class to get done, etc...). I've always liked books and even in high school, I would usually have one with me to read in class after I got caught up on my work.

Where do you read?
I read everywhere. Mostly on the couch or in bed though. I have recently gotten a hammock, so you can also find me reading there.

I admit, to a certain degree, I do judge a book by it's cover. I also read the description and see if it sounds like something I like. If your an author I've read before and liked, that usually gives other books by them a boost. I also look at how highly rated a book is on Goodreads or Amazon and see if any my friends read it and what they think.

I read a lot, or at least I think I do. Right now my 2013 Reading Goal is set at 100, but I've already read 75 books, I think I'll be upping it a little before the year is through.

message 38: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Who do you read?
I'll really just read anything. I don't reread books much.

What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer?
I really like series. I prefer hard backs and paper backs to e-books unless I'm on a trip. I mostly read fantasy, horror, and science fiction.

I read in my spare moments. It's summer so that's usually all the time.

Where do you read?
On the couch or in my bed. I also like reading on long car rides.

If it looks interesting, or a lot of people have recommended it to me, I'll usually read it.

How much do you read?
My goal is 200 books but I've only read around 50.

message 39: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83075 comments Mod
Greta wrote: "Sarah wrote: " Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
I like J. R. Ward, although the last book I read of hers was a bit disappointing. I'm really looking forward to [bookcover:Monsters|159..."

I think I read 278 last year, so I've somehow got quicker!

message 40: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Sarah wrote: "Greta wrote: "Sarah wrote: " Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
I like J. R. Ward, although the last book I read of hers was a bit disappointing. I'm really looking forward to [bookcove..."

WOW! I wish I could read that fast!

What's the most memorable book you read last year? If there are a few that really stand out then I want to check them out! Lol :)

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 77 comments Who do you read? I will mostly read any book that sounds good. However, i love Ellen Hokins, Sara dessen, Jenny Hann and others authors( my list is long) because their books are just so interesting. i have almost read all of their books by these authors i mention.
What is your favorite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe What type of book do you prefer? i like young adult alot because most of the books that i have read are romantic. However, i don't usually like reading series because after a couple of books the story gets boring, and i stop reading the series.
When do you read? or maybe When did you know you were a book-nerd? i knew i became a book nerd when i read sweethearts by Sara Zarr. after that books i startes reading books like crazy :D
Where do you read? i read mostly in the school library because i have to wait a period for my friends to get out of their class. sometimes i read at home.
Why do you choose the books you do? I chose the book if it sounds interesting.
How much do you read? since im really busy with school my goal is to read atleast 20. i know its now alot of books but i dont really have time.

message 42: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (abbietenchie) Who: I read a lot of different books but I love Mary Higgins Clark, Philippa Gregory, Rick Riordan, Jane Austen, Sarah Dessen and J.K. Rowling.

What: I like young adult, historical fiction, and mystery-suspense novels preferably in paperback. But I have lots of ebooks too.

When: My mom read me to sleep when I was very young. I started reading on my own when I was 9 years old and I became a book nerd immediately. I read all the R.L. Stine, Carolyn Keene, and Ann M. Martin books I could get my hands on back then.

Where: Anywhere and everywhere! At school, on public transport vehicles, in my room, the living room, at a party, etc.

Why: Sometimes I choose to read a book because of the attractive cover. Sometimes the plot is interesting. Sometimes I read a particular book because it is recommended by a friend or because I have nothing else to read.

How: Well, I'm usually busy with school work and my On the Job Training but I've already read 173 books out of my 150 goal thanks to my summer vacation :)

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 8 comments Who: Some of my favorite authors are JK Rowling, Agatha Christie, Suzanne Collins, John Grisham, Rick Riordan, and Markus Zusak.

What: I like mystery, fantasy, dystopian, and young adult books.

Where: I like to read everywhere! Long car rides, vacation, living room, my room late at night, while eating, extc.

Why: I always read the book jacket before getting a book. Usually, though, the book cover is what I notice first. If the cover is creepy I stay away.

How: This is my first year doing the book challenge and I'm not sure how many I should do so right now my goal is just 20. I haven't gotten to read as much as I hoped this summer because July has been so busy but hopefully I will read lots in August!

message 44: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Amanda wrote: "Who: Some of my favorite authors are JK Rowling, Agatha Christie, Suzanne Collins, John Grisham, Rick Riordan, and Markus Zusak.

What: I like mystery, fantasy, dystopian, and young adult books.

W..."

What's your favorite Agatha Christie book? I've only read And Then There Were None, but I enjoyed it and am interested in reading more :)

message 45: by Mei (new)

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?) My favorite authors are Lauren Oliver, Pseudonymous Bosch, and Rick Riordan. I also enjoy Sarah Dessen and other contemporary authors. I like Marie Lu as well, and in the future I'll probably more works from Jennifer L. Armentrout, Richelle Mead, and Marissa Meyer.

While I enjoy fantasy, science fiction and dystopian reads, every once in a while I get a hunger for realistic fiction/contemporaries/romance. I really enjoy that genre and light reads. I have read a lot of NA too but probably don't enjoy much the angstiness sometimes. From the start, I avoided the paranormal genre because I didn't enjoy vampires or horror books. But this MMC I have read quite a few and I think I'm enjoying the genre and continue reading more of it. I just realized it was addicting and it has interesting world buildings!

I prefer paperbacks, but Reading ebooks on my phone is also preferable as I have observed it's faster, and cheaper (LOL) and while I'm in school I can sneak a few chapters in. If a book is really my favorite, I will buy a hardbound of that. I think my favorite standalone is Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson but series, still not sure. There are lot of great ones out there. I enjoyed Delirium (thought it was a bad ending for a series), Hex Hall, Percy Jackson, etc.

Growing up, I have enjoyed stories, grammar/reading comprehension/synonyms/antonyms kind of exercises. I have loved literature a lot. I enjoy writing reviews and writing in general. So before starting college I wanted to be in the field of teaching or communication/journalism types of courses but my mother chose my degree so now I'm studying about computers. I started really reading a book after my high school graduation (2012) and until then, I got really addicted to it. I read anytime and every time. I don't let a day pass without reading. If I don't read, it's like my day isn't complete.

Where do you read?
Practically everywhere every time! When I get bored in a school lecture I read. In public vehicles or public places even if it is noisy. While waiting in line in the cafeteria or clinic (This is where the convenience of ebooks come in place). But mostly I enjoy reading in my room where it is quiet and I am most comfortable.

If it's my favorite author, I'll most likely read it. But if I don't know the author or only read few from hers, my selection depends upon the rating here in goodreads (kinda unfair, but to be practical it really is like that), the plot, sometimes the genre if I like it, or the blurb. If it's just a blurb, I don't read reviews or even the synopsis because I like to be surprised. If the book has an upcoming movie, I'll most likely read it too. The covers also attract me, but there were cases that disappoint me after liking such a beautiful cover. If a friend recommended it, I'll find time to put it on my priority. If one of my goodreads groups or book clubs read it, I'll most likely read it too.

My 2013 book goal originally is just 70 books because I thought I was a slow reader. Apparently not. But when I started vacation (April-May) where I got a lot of free time, I realized I was also a fast reader so I increased it to 100. Since the Mega Month Challenge, I have read A LOT, so I increased it again to 120, and it still says I am advanced with my schedule so I might probably increase it again. This year I have read 87 books including novellas or short stories or prequels. During vacation I make sure I read a book a day, and if I have school, every month I should at least read 5-15 books.

message 46: by Timea (new)

Timea (immabibliophile) | 2 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
Usually it would be John Green, but unfortunately I have read all of his books for now D: I love Cassandra Clare and Sarah Dessen too! Both two new authors I discovered this summer :)

Definitely young adult, because they have just the right amount of romance, action, self discovery, and fantasy elements to satisfy my thirst for books. Plus they are always coming out with new ones and there are so many great YA books!! I am getting more into Contemporary and New Adult as well :) some classics. occasionally. but not often. My favorite series is Divergent, 1000%. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. And my favorite stand alone is...gosh, there are too many, but I enjoyed Papertowns quite a lot and Golden Boy by Abigail Tartellin. Favorite reading format? Paperback, usually, but if the book is significantly cheaper on Kindle I go for it! I mean, why not save 5 or 10 or sometimes 15 dollars on a book that has the same content?

All the time, but always before bed. I read on long trips (both in car and on plane) and whenever I need to escape or have time to. During school it is after school and during boring classes :3 heh. And I'm pretty sure when I started taking 2-3 books everywhere I went I realized I was a book-nerd. I would take them to the grocery store and to dinner, just in case I had some time to read. Also, I noticed most of my conversations with people would be about books or book to movie adaptations or involve some sort of book reference. It was pretty clear I loved books.

Where do you read?
I read in the car and in bed, on the plane and in restaurants, at school and on the floor too.

I'd say it would be half cover, half hearing about the book. I choose a lot of the books I do because I hear about them either on goodreads or through the Booktube community. I read reviews religiously and love recommendations. But a beautiful cover can often take me over even if I have never heard of it before.

During the summer, I read a lot. A lot for me that is. I read fast, so on average, 4 books a month, but I am hoping for 50 books in 2013!! I think I'm 4 books behind D: oh well!

message 47: by Aldana (new)

Aldana (malecstorm) Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
Well, my favourite authors of all times are Agatha Christie and Charles Dickens, among a ton of others. My YA favourite ones are James Dashner, Veronica Roth and John Green.

My favourite genre is dystopian. My favourite series/book is Harry Potter. The type of book I prefer are hard-cover ones.

I started reading when I was 4, children stories. I began reading more advanced texts when I was 12.

Where do you read?
Pretty much everywhere. On the bus, in the bathroom, in my room, in the dinning room, at the school...

I think I pick books randomly. I usually read the back of the book and read the synopsis.

Oh well, how much do I read? I think I read more or less 10 books last month. If my goal was to be 50, I'd have already achieved it.

message 48: by Imy♥♥ (last edited Sep 03, 2013 07:03PM) (new)

Imy♥♥ (crazykindleaddict) | 50 comments Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
I don't particularly read books based on their author, but I do like Tijan, Abbi Glines, R.L Mathewson just to name a few.

What is your favourite book genre/series/ or stand-alone book? or maybe what type of book do you prefer? (ebook,hard-copy,soft-copy etc)
I love romance novels! Also YA-NA, Post apocalyptic, PNR, Fantasy..Pretty much a wide variety of genres. If I had to choose favourites it would be A Neighbour From Hell Series books, The Premonition Series books and Angelfall. I mostly read on my Kinlde, but every now and then I cant help but buy a hard-cover.

When do you read? or maybe When did you know you were a book nerd? I read everyday. When I realised I was only getting a few hours sleep everynight because I had no willpower to put a book down was most likely my wake-up call in realising I was 100% Book Nerd.

Where do you read? At home, outside, in bed, at work (On my break) Wherever I can really.

Why do you choose the books you do? (What's the attraction?..cover, author, a particular premise etc.) Well I don't judge a book by it's cover anymore (That got me absolutely nowhere!) Sometimes it's hearing about it from someone, reading reviews and ratings. Mostly its the Samples I download onto my Kindle. Most of the time by getting those I get somewhat of a feel for the book, and I'm able to tell whether or not it's right for me, though sometimes not.

How much do you read? (Tell us your 2013 book goal and how close you are to achieving it) I'm at 106 and my goal is 150.

message 49: by Kindle25 (last edited Sep 06, 2013 08:29AM) (new)

Kindle25 Who do you read? (Who are your go-to authors?)
Well for me, I like books made by James Rollins and Jeffrey Archer.
For YA, I like Marissa Meyer and Julie Kagawa
My favourite genres are Paranormal, Fantasy and Suspense/Thriller. I like the smell of actual books but I don’t have the space for them so I prefer ebooks.
I don’t watch TV so I spend most of my spare time reading, I also read when I am eating (I feel like it’s such a waste of time if I don’t read while eating. Haha). I started reading since I was a child. I devoured any kind of books in our house: encyclopaedias, school textbooks, etc. I borrow books from others since I don’t have the money then to buy my own.
Where do you read?
At our house, at the office (when I’m not busy), in the MRT/while waiting for the MRT to arrive, I pretty much read everywhere I can that I deem to be safe :)
Mostly I read a book if I liked its blurb. Sometimes I am attracted by the cover but I still base on the blurb on whether to add it to my TBR or not.
As of now I have read 160 books out of the 200 goal I set. I usually can finish a book or two in a day if I liked the story and if the book is a page-turner. ^^

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmarie902) | 1 comments This is awesome! :)

Who Do you Read?-
I love Jodi Picoult for YA, and Mary Higgins Clark for- Thriller/Mystery. I prefer to read on my Ipad, but also enjoy a paperback

When Do You Read?
I read in bed, in the tub and just about any spare chance I get during the day. I knew I was going to be a book nerd when I was in grade 4. I would read during school through middle school/junior high and high school

Why Do you Chose The Books You Do?
I have to admit, the cover is what first draws me in, second I will read reviews or the synopsis, based on that I will either decide to read it, or put it aside.

I had a goal of 100 books in May, when I first started the Goodreads Challenge, and I am 9 books away from reaching my goal :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.