Marked (House of Night, #1) Marked discussion

Fantasy/romance/supernatural that are NOT YA?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tess (books.with.tess) The book selected is just one of the many "typical" young adult books.

There are SO many YA books in the fantasty/supernatural/romance genres, but so few (as far as I'm able to see) for us "older readers".
Do anyone know of any good books that do NOT fall under the YA category..??

April Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really good

Tess (books.with.tess) April wrote: "Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really good"

Thank you! I will check it out immediately! :)

April Trine wrote: "April wrote: "Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really good"

Thank you! I will check it out imm..."

Your welcome :) and the Host by Stephanie Meyer is an adult book as well and it's really good :) Those are the only ones I know of

Tess (books.with.tess) April wrote: "Trine wrote: "April wrote: "Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really good"

Thank you! I will ch..."

Oh I've read the Host - which I LOVED! :)

April Trine wrote: "April wrote: "Trine wrote: "April wrote: "Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really good"

Thank ..."

I read the Host when I was 14 and didn't know that it was an adult novel. But I still love it and I'm going to read it again because the movies coming out.

Tess (books.with.tess) April wrote: "Trine wrote: "April wrote: "Trine wrote: "April wrote: "Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really..."

Oh I can't wait for the movie!! :D I read it in December so it's still fresh in my mind. :)

Daniel April wrote: "Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead are fantasy/ supernatural. They are adult books. I haven't read them, but I think they could be really good"

Succubus Blues is a pretty good series.
You might also want to check out

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1)by Jeaniene Frost

Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows #1)by Kim Harrison.

Blood Song (Blood Singer #1) by Cat Adams

Tess (books.with.tess) Brilliant! Thanks Daniel!
I actually have Dead Witch Walking. Dunno why I haven't picked that one up yet... :S

Daniel Trine wrote: "Brilliant! Thanks Daniel!
I actually have Dead Witch Walking. Dunno why I haven't picked that one up yet... :S"

It's a pretty long series. I know some people don't like series that go on for so long but I love it. I read the 11th one a couple weeks ago and can't wait for the next one

Tess (books.with.tess) Daniel wrote: "Trine wrote: "Brilliant! Thanks Daniel!
I actually have Dead Witch Walking. Dunno why I haven't picked that one up yet... :S"

It's a pretty long series. I know some people don't like series that g..."

Sounds good! I like long series. :) I'm going to make sure to read it! :)

message 12: by Kristin (new) - added it

Kristin Donna Grant, Eve Langlais, and Tina Folsom are all good authors of adult paranormal/supernatural subjects. Donna is Highlander themed, Eve is quirky and varied, and Tina's Scansguard series is as entertaining as the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward.

Tess (books.with.tess) Kristin wrote: "Donna Grant, Eve Langlais, and Tina Folsom are all good authors of adult paranormal/supernatural subjects. Donna is Highlander themed, Eve is quirky and varied, and Tina's Scansguard series is as e..."

Awesome. Thank you! :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charline Harris is good. Way better than the True Blood Tv Show!
Fall From Grace (Madworld series) by Christina Zolendz is amazing!

Sidrah Dark Swan series -Richelle Mead
Guild Hunter series- Nalini Singh

Tess (books.with.tess) Melissa wrote: "The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charline Harris is good. Way better than the True Blood Tv Show!
Fall From Grace (Madworld series) by Christina Zolendz is amazing!"

I've got Charlaine Harris covered. ;) Gonna check out the other one, thanks! :)

Tess (books.with.tess) Sidrah wrote: "Dark Swan series -Richelle Mead
Guild Hunter series- Nalini Singh"

Checking it out. Thanks!

Michaela I'd suggest,
The Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead
Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost.

Hope this helps :)

Tess (books.with.tess) Michaela wrote: "I'd suggest,
The Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead
Night Huntress series by J..."

Thank you! :)

Eydís The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger

Something by Robin McKinley, I liked Sunshine and Beauty most.

Melissa Petroski The Dark Hunters seies ny Sherrilyn Kenyon.