Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

MGR [archived] > April: Passion Unleashed 24-end*Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Post here.

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) Ok I devoured this book and I am in LOVE!! It had just the right amount of romance and action. It was extremely well written and well it had Wraith in it..lol. I knew from the beginning of the series that I would end up LOVING Wraith. When his soft vulnerable side came out I just wanted to melt. At the end I was crying so hard!! I LOVE how it ended. Now I have a pretty good idea who the next book is about and I can't wait. But I am sooo sad that it will be another year:(

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Sigh the bookstore I go to doesnt have it on the shelves yet. They keep telling me its in the back in boxes. And that pisses me off so bad :( I didn't want to have to order it online and wait!

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) Oh that sucks Tricia. I hope the get it out soon because it is a GREAT read!!

message 5: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I love Wraith too! What a sweety. I knew all along he was all mushy inside just waiting for the one to turn him inside out and bring his softer side to the forefront.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) Wraith's story ROCKED it was the best one yet.

message 7: by new_user (new)

new_user Yeah, he was sweet.:)

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user Hey, who saw the vampire thing coming from a mile away? LOL. Btw, was he actually tortured at the end or was that a test, as I figured?

message 9: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
I actually didnt see that coming! I had been reading so many DBD books lately (I couldnt put them down lol) that I forgot in these books that you could be turned.

And yeah I liked this book alot, even though there were some similar things to the second one, Ione is an amazing writer and was able to redeem herself :D

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I honestly didn't see the vampire thing coming. I knew that she was going to be saved somehow, just not sure how. I thought it was a test of his love and don't think he was actually tortured.

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) It's funny that most people blew through the book and didn't post any comments for the middle chapters!

I enjoyed this but I was expecting at least some surprises. Of course, we all knew that a HEA was waiting. The vampire thing, David, passing the charm, all of that seemed so obvious to me from the start. But this was fun. I know I'm probably not in the majority on this, but Wraith is my least favorite of the brothers, though I still like him. And I am very curious about the new brother!

One thing I really loved was the resolution with Gem and Kynan. This felt like two romances for one! Their scenes were my favorites. I think Kynan is my favorite character in the series!

message 12: by new_user (new)

new_user Shade is the only brother I'm not too jazzed about. I'm looking forward to reading about the next bro. He seems interesting too.

I loved Gem and Kynan too, although their separation seemed a little contrived at points. I love Kynan though. :D

message 13: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Apr 18, 2009 01:02PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
I like all the brothers stories so far. Lore seems like he's going to be a tasty morsel to devour.

I had a hard time getting into Wraith's story. No idea why. That's why I haven't reviewed it yet. But I don't think I'd add or take-way anything to make it better. I love how his attitude about life (him being tortured) didn't make him a typical asshole. U know what I mean? A lot romances take that tortured hero to the extreme and I sit there rolling my eyes b/c its not until the last few pages everything is resolved. I guess if it is done right that is OK. But! I like how this story ended. The last 50 or so pages made up for the time I set it down, couldn't quite get into it for several weeks!