Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Here Be Monsters (Tyler Cunningham, #1)
This topic is about Here Be Monsters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Sheffield (jamiesheffield) | 11 comments Hello all,

I'm a self-published author. I wrote a book that has been well-received outside of my family and friends. It has gotten good reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. The local paper's book reviewer gave it a glowing review, and our NPR station interviewed me about the book. My book is for sale at all of the bookstores and similar outlets within driving distance. I have an active FB and Twitter following, and my website/blog seem to be up to snuff.

My question is how do I push the book out to the next level?

I've sold a couple of hundred copies of the book, and am still selling a copy or so each day, but "Here Be Monsters" hasn't gone viral.

I would love and appreciate any help that people in the group can give.

Thanks,

Jamie
www.jamiesheffield.com

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments Enter it into some contests. People tend to buy books that have won awards.

Jamie Sheffield (jamiesheffield) | 11 comments Thanks Peggy!

Jamie
www.jamiesheffield.com

message 4: by Marguerita (new)

Marguerita McManus | 2 comments Good job with all you've done! I'd suggest a video trailer, posted to YouTube, and then embedded on your website, with a link (or upload) to your Amazon Author Page. Be sure to put a live link to your website in the video description on YT. I get a LOT more views to my videos than I do to any blog post, and I've been at it for quite a while :) Best Wishes,

Marguerita
http://www.loosefibers.com

Jamie Sheffield (jamiesheffield) | 11 comments Thanks Marguerita!

That's a great idea... now I'm off to do some research.

Jamie

www.jamiesheffield.com