The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Sea of Monsters discussion

ANOTHER TERRIBLE MOVIE!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sophia (last edited Mar 12, 2013 01:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sophia OMG SERIOUSLY THE FIRST MOVIE WAS TERRIBLE!!! T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E! And now their making another movie! I mean seriously WTF! she even dyed her hair! [she does not look good!] what are ur thoughts?

Gabby I LOVED the first movie. So amazing. Stop ruining it for me.

Akash Kulgod Gabby wrote: "I LOVED the first movie. So amazing. Stop ruining it for me."

u must not have read the book...if u read the book and like the movie......wait is that possible??

Sophia Akash wrote: "Gabby wrote: "I LOVED the first movie. So amazing. Stop ruining it for me."

u must not have read the book...if u read the book and like the movie......wait is that possible??"

I don't know if it is possible.... It wan't good the movie. It didn't even SEEM like the book. Too much differences and it was to fast paced

Akash Kulgod yeah and they cant continue the series...i mean there's no mention of Kronos,Dionyus,Ares........totally incomplete

Gabby I read all of the books and I still liked the movie. I don't think it followed the story but I still thought it was a good movie. There is also a new director for the second movie that wants to make it more like the books. Ps Kronos, Dionysus, and Ares ARE in this movie, I don't know how they're going to pull it off but I have hope. The only character I don't like is annabeth. Hope they change her personality or something.

Sophia Gabby wrote: "I read all of the books and I still liked the movie. I don't think it followed the story but I still thought it was a good movie. There is also a new director for the second movie that wants to mak..."

REALLY!? new director! YAY hopefully this one will be better. When I heard this movie was coming out I was sooo excited this is my favorite series, so when I saw the movie i was mad I mean Annabeth is described wrong!! I really hope this movie will be better!

Akash Kulgod yeah but Dionyus isnt at camp he is at the meeting at the start....
the are a lot more differences...if u want to know them search it in Google...some differences are ok but the movie was totally diferent...one of the most annoying was that percy and annabeth are 16 in the movie though they are only 12 in the book...

Sophia Akash wrote: "yeah but Dionyus isnt at camp he is at the meeting at the start....
the are a lot more differences...if u want to know them search it in Google...some differences are ok but the movie was totally ..."

OMG I know right!! I mean seriously they should be in the Titan War! in the book series tht part REALLY annoyed me!

message 10: by Trish (new)

Trish EVERYBODY! Stop fighting. It's like the Ares and Apollo cabins in here. The movie was just not as accurate, wait, scratch that. The only thing that was accurate with the books was the godly parent. That's it. But the casting was pretty good. I mean, especially with Chiron and Grover and especially Medusa. There were good parts, but there were mostly bad parts.

Akash Kulgod yeah Medusa was the best part of the movie....

message 12: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ I think they should just re-do the first one with the new director. I feel bad for him for having to pull of so much, just to make the second one like the books.

message 13: by Lexie (last edited Mar 12, 2013 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexie here are pictures from the set

http://teaser-trailer.com/percy-jacks...

Percy's hair cut looks so weird, and I think that one guy is supposed to be Tyson. If it is, he doesn't look like a cyclops.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexie wrote: "here are pictures from the set

http://teaser-trailer.com/percy-jacks...

Percy's hair cut looks so weird, and I think that one guy is supposed to be Tyson. If it is, he doesn..."

Maybe because cyclops aren't real? They'll digitally edit it so he has the one eye and all that cyclops business.

I personally liked the first movie. I read the books and I think of them as two separate things. Yeah, the movie changed a lot of things, but if you never knew it was loosely based off a book, I think the reviews would be more positive

message 15: by Hec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hec Hernandez i hated the movie i love the books but i just think the movie would b horrible just like the fisrt one

message 16: by Gabby (last edited Mar 12, 2013 04:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabby Hec wrote: "i hated the movie i love the books but i just think the movie would b horrible just like the fisrt one"

You shouldn't judge before you watch it. As a diehard pj freak I have hope for the movie to be good.

I also personally like Logan lerman as Percy<33, only if he was younger:/ just putting that out there....:)

message 17: by Hec (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hec Hernandez im going to see it but i think its going to be horrible since annabeth had brown hair and now blonde and they forgot lots of important things from the first movie

message 18: by Trish (new)

Trish What I'm really stressing more about is Logan's career. I mean he took a real big blow during Lightning Thief.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

But he has Perks of Being a Wallflower now too

I don't like percy's hair in SoM

I didn't like TLT as a book adaption but as a seperate film series they should be okay
Although even if we consider the film a different series there is still the matter of Annabeth's hair

message 20: by Trish (new)

Trish Ah. The fuss over Annabeth's hair. It's like Zeus' master bolt went missing again.

Akash Kulgod u know just a random thought but i think it would be cool if arnold schwarzenegger was Ares..:)

Perenelle Im not even going to bother reading all the comments but this is what i have to say:

1. I thought that the movie was pretty amazing, and i HAVE read the series.

2. I'm still waiting for the Sea of Monsters movie like a fan of the series should (my opinion)

3. I think it'd be better that Alexandra Daddario or whatever her name dyed her hair, if only she did it in the lightning thief.

and 4. THEY GOT A NEW DIRECTOR. HOPE FOR THE BEST

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

THANK YOU^^^

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

At perenelle

Mrunalini Raman Gabby wrote: "I read all of the books and I still liked the movie. I don't think it followed the story but I still thought it was a good movie. There is also a new director for the second movie that wants to mak..."

Second that!

Akash Kulgod i first thought Annabeth was Clarisse.:0(i know totally random thought!!)

Gabby Sophia wrote: "Akash wrote: "Gabby wrote: "I LOVED the first movie. So amazing. Stop ruining it for me."

u must not have read the book...if u read the book and like the movie......wait is that possible??"

I don..."

Ah haha. (-_-)

I watched the movie first, anyway, so the book is the one that seemed weird to me.

message 28: by Brittany (last edited Mar 17, 2013 01:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brittany Perry For the records all books get changed when they become movies. I mean there was a fist fight between Ron and Neville against Crabbe Goyle and Draco in the book but it didn't make it to first movie but I think it shows why Neville was picked for Griffindor. However I will agree in this case the first movie was butchered like Eragon. At least they are giving this one another shot no news about another Eldest Movie.

Gabby Yeah, but could you imagine an inheritance movie? :)

Perenelle omg, i would really watch that!

Brittany Perry yeah but like I said it was butchered so bad. I mean Katrina wasn't there, The ending totally screwed up and hello his back injury? The director would have to re-do the movie it was a massive screw up. I guess he could do a flash of what happened in the first instead of re-doing it

Akash Kulgod isn't this getting out of topic??

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I think they should redo Percy jackson - twleve year old actors, proper plot, just... do it right

message 34: by Anj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anj firstly, im suprised they have enough money to make a second film after the first film :/ hopefully they make a good film, i dont really care if its not 'exactly' like the book, all i want is a good film! Percy Jackson is awsome and they should hopefully (fingers crossed) get it rite this time :)

message 35: by Anj (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anj Athena wrote: "I think they should redo Percy jackson - twleve year old actors, proper plot, just... do it right"

hahah yeah lol, the actors are like 20+

Brittany Perry sadly they wont. :(

Perenelle It WOULD be cool if they redid the movie, but it would be...eh, with 12 year olds. No offense, but not many 12 years old show enough talent to act. Well, none that I know of.

Jayden Smtih i agree i hope they turn the sea of monsters around but i will watch b/c i hope they save it and love Percy Luke and hope we get to the third movie and have some Thalia action. also no weird anabeth in that one.

when have millions of dollars floating around i going to redo these movies and sue Chris Columbus for the trama he caused me. how did rick let him do this. Chris almost did this to harry potter but j.k did not let him.

Brittany Perry lol good call on her part eh? She always said she'd never let someone kill her baby. I wish other authors got more involved and put their foot down if possible.

Caitlyn I read all book and I still liked the first movie. Yes, it really didn't follow the plot line but it did have the important parts in there. Yes, the actors were 12, like in the book. But, they go tactors that would most likely get more money. (*cough* Logan Lerman *cough*)I am going to see Sea of Monsters in the theatre, because I want to see if they did a better job of making the movie. Stop hating on someone who messed up 1 movie. ONE!

Akash Kulgod that one movie has destroyed the full series..and what do u mean the actors were 12?

Perenelle THey did destroy the series, but what if they do it like vampire diaries or whatever, and make their own story? It doesnt mean that the movie will be terrible.

message 43: by Deena Beena (last edited Mar 19, 2013 08:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deena Beena I don't understand how people can say that Grover's casting was good? They're two completely different Satyrs! One of them (the real Grover) is only interested in finding Pan, he's clumsy and some might say he's socially awkward, he's loyal to Camp half-blood and to Percy, as well as brave because he does so many things even though they terrify him. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND we have a 'suave playa' type of guy who doesn't blush around the mermaids but insists on flirting with them endlessly, he's loud and arrogant and ughh I can't go on!

I don't think the movie can redeem itself, they ruined the first one too much, even on the off chance that they did follow the plot this time, the characters have been ruined in the following three categories:

Age (Grover looks like he's in his early 20's, so does Annabeth (The actress who plays her is 26 or older) and Percy looks 18)

Appearance (I don't care if they dyed her hair now, all of a sudden she's miraculously going to have blonde hair?)

Personality (This is probably the worst one, they're all so completely different from the books, I love Annabeth, she's headstrong without shoving it down your throat, you always get those female protagonists that say 'I'm badass, I'm awesome don't even look at me, don't mess with me', and yet, they're not 'badass' at all, all they do it talk themselves up, Annabeth isn't like that! She's smart and calculating, as well as an experienced strategist and fighter, she's got layers people! She's an onion!
BUT MOVIE ANNABETH OH MY GOD. SHE'S EXACTLY WHAT I HATE IN A FEMALE PROTAGONIST, AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON GROVER. Percy was.. Eh, I didn't feel like I was watching Percy, just Logan Lerman, he was kind of bland, no character, didn't really develop, and the real Percy does develop, and gives realistic reactions to things)
Lastly. THE FRICKEN INSTA-LOVE. ANNABETH AND PERCY LOATHE EACHOTHER WHEN THEY FIRST MEET, then they develop a begrudging sense of respect for each other , and only in the other books do they start to develop feelings for each other and only get together in the last book. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OF THAT.

Ok. I'm done. I'm very bitter.

Perenelle Wow, I've only seen the movie once, but just by reading your comments, I can tell the faults ._. ANd yeah, I noticed how they clicked and all, and there wasn't any um...loathing parts. The cast was...eh. AND YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT GROVER!! Gosh, even the drawing of him looks SOOOO different from the actor xD But nonetheless, I'm still excited for SoM

Akash Kulgod Deena Beena wrote: "I don't understand how people can say that Grover's casting was good? They're two completely different Satyrs! One of them (the real Grover) is only interested in finding Pan, he's clumsy and some ..."

this was excellant...you captured everything beautifully...but still im going to wait for SOM too.....

cvbnm I've read all the books and I still like the movie honestly. Yes the movie wasn't accurate and all but still, making a movie isn't easy u know.

Sophia Deena Beena wrote: "I don't understand how people can say that Grover's casting was good? They're two completely different Satyrs! One of them (the real Grover) is only interested in finding Pan, he's clumsy and some ..."

you know i gotta agree with u XD all those faults... will the second movie redeem itself? ehh... probably not!

Caitlyn Akash wrote: "that one movie has destroyed the full series..and what do u mean the actors were 12?"

I meant weren't

Caitlyn You know. @Malow is right. It isn't easy to make a movie and pleasing all the readers who are going to see the movie. Also the sad thing is, that you guys want EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL to be perfect. Well, sorry to be burst you bubble, BUT IT CAN'T. CRY ME A RIVER, BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT.

Akash Kulgod we dont want EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL to be perfect..we want the movie to be atleast like the HP movies the were bad but atleast it was like the book..and if its difficut to make the movie why make it in the first place??

« previous 1 3