Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Movies and Television > What A/A books would you love to see made into movies (under the best conditions)?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4710 comments Mod
If you had the best director, writer, and casting, which books in this genre would you love to see made into movies?

message 2: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan | 274 comments The Sigma Force series starting with Map of Bones by James Rollins, hands down.

Everytime I read a book, I can practically visualize the grand locations and epic setpieces (like the destruction of the island in Bloodline, or the action in and around the Collosseum in Doomsday Key, or the sea-action sequence of Alexandria and the Necropolis-scene in Map of Bones). They're just begging to be seen in the big screen!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4710 comments Mod
I've only read Sandstorm by Rollins so far, and it seemed incredibly cinematic to me. I can imagine his other books are as well.

message 4: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan | 274 comments Sandstorm is the prequel of Sigma Force series (next is Map of Bones). If you liked it, you should continue the series. Trust me, for any true A/A fan, its well worth the time.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I plan to keep reading them. I'm just horrible at serial series reading. I'm like a bee, I flitter around! :)

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen After reading The Gray Man, On Target and Ballistic. The Court Gentry series on the big screen would be an enormous hit.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

That would be great as a movie.

message 8: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
I'll go on record as saying, probably one of the more likely James Rollins Books to make a movie out of would be The Blood Gospel

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Rollins would definitely be good cinema.

message 10: by Magiccats (new)

Magiccats | 280 comments Doha 12 and the Geneva Decision would make good movies.

message 11: by Larry (new)

Larry Seeley (lfseeley) | 82 comments Agree with Magiccats. Also, any of mine.

message 12: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 223 comments Magiccats wrote: "Doha 12 and the Geneva Decision would make good movies."

You just made my week!

message 13: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
Larry wrote: "Agree with Magiccats. Also, any of mine."

I'll agree with you, Larry. I thought your 17 Degrees North would make a good movie.

message 14: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
A Dirk Pitt TV series might be fun!

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I think the Will Robie series would be a great movie series. I could see Mark Wahlberg as Will Robie based on his work in Shooter.

The Innocent
The Hit

message 16: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Elvis Cole/Joe Pike would make a great weekly show.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

That's true!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I think Fated would make a good movie.

message 19: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

Fated would make a good series. Low number of main characters, a solid core of villains that survive with interlocking histories. Then again, it kind of is the first of a series. (Movie's good too).

The Commonwealth Saga (Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton). They could go a lot of different ways from a Tron/Logan's Run type world to something more wide open and huge like Star Wars (in scope and scale, not the same story and plot wise, way different) or maybe Dune.

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I could see Fated as a tv show as well. Maybe BBC will pick it up.

message 21: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) Rizwan wrote: "Sandstorm is the prequel of Sigma Force series (next is Map of Bones). If you liked it, you should continue the series. Trust me, for any true A/A fan, its well worth the time."

Sandstorm left me wishing there had been more to it. The whole supernatural thing just didn't work for me. Now Map of Bones was, in my opinion, much better and it really hooked me on the Sigma Force series.

message 22: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) Terminal Freeze, Ice Hunt, Amazonia, and any of the Scarecrow adventures (most notably Ice Station).

message 23: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

Dave wrote: "Terminal Freeze, Ice Hunt, Amazonia, and any of the Scarecrow adventures (most notably Ice Station)."

I can go with both of these...hell this is a franchise movie if they do it right! not that they asked me. :)

Of course, I'd say MHI.