Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

OFFICIAL CASTING FOR CHRISTINA, TORI, AND CALEB!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia Tori- Maggie Q

Christina- Zoe Kravitz

Caleb- Ansel Elgort

What do you guys think?

Rachel Jackson I really like the casting for Christina and Tori! Caleb is not that bad too! I mean with darker hair and the right clothes I guess he could a pretty good Caleb.
But I'm not sure about Tris, I mean Shailene Woodly doesn't have the right physique for Tris. I mean tris is supposed to be small. And she has to be blonde but they can fix that.
I mean the most worried for Four's casting. On Wikipedia it said that Alexander Ludwig was rumoured for the part. And then there are the rumours that Alex pettyfer is doing it. I hope that they get it right.

Brittney I really actually approve of all of them so far. It's not a bad looking cast. I just want to know who's going to play Four now. :P And I'm kinda curious about Jeanine, I hope it's Kate Winslet like the rumors have been saying.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Shailene is blonde. At least in the pic I saw of her. Oh okay I just looked it up - dark blonde. I think the cast is good at the moment
They're probably gonna leave Four for last cos he's the main hot guy character. I mean for catching Fire they released Finnick (Sam Claflin) last because he had the most hype. I think they'll do it like that here too. Except Annie. I bet they've cast her and it's like top secret

Ruby For most of the series that is currently published, I imagined Tori with short, black hair, and someone that looked pretty helpful and friendly, but also Dauntless in the sense of the way she dressed and spoke.

Ruby Zoe Kravitz is a great actor, so I'm glad she got the part of Chirstina. I imagined her a bit darker than that, but really, what's the difference?

Sophie Tori and Christina both have amazing people acting them! So happy! But, I imagined Tori just a bit older, or at least looking older, but whatever :) Caleb looks fine, I suppose. Pretty good cast allround! Can't wait for who they choose to be Will!

message 8: by Monica (last edited Mar 12, 2013 05:59AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monica Is every ya book becoming a movie. I need to write one bc hollywood throwing money at anything with a following. Really didnt think it was good enough to become a movie but go figure

CynthiaElleReads we need FOUR!!!!

Wendy Naval Maggie Q is the perfect Tori!!!!

Angela Damn...Tori is hot! I think Maggie is my new girl..beside Emmy Rossum. :D

Nicole STILL WAITING FOR FOUR. Who am I kidding? Everyone is waiting for Tobias/Four casting news!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Meiyu wrote: "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What about Tris and Four!!!????Those are the ones everyone wants to know!!!!!!!I'm so exited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I believe Tris has already been cast and Shailene Woodley will play her.

Christina perfect casting for christina, tori-not my first choice but it is a good one!!

Christina Sophie wrote: "Tori and Christina both have amazing people acting them! So happy! But, I imagined Tori just a bit older, or at least looking older, but whatever :) Caleb looks fine, I suppose. Pretty good cast al..."

i agree I always thought tori as looking older but maggie q is kick butt anyways.

Christina Zainab wrote: "Brittney wrote: "I really actually approve of all of them so far. It's not a bad looking cast. I just want to know who's going to play Four now. :P And I'm kinda curious about Jeanine, I hope it's ..."

totally agree about the saorise ronan being tris. she is such an amazing actress

Perenelle uh...not what I was expecting. Im good with Tori though...Never heard of these people ><
I think Shailene Woodley would be an okay Tris, I'm not sure if Saoirse Ronan would, though...hmm. Caleb..? Eh.
Idk :S

Christina I agree, Shailene Woodley would be an okay Tris.

Katie They are nothing like I imagined them to look like(especially the girl playing Christina)

Sarah Awesome I love the Actors playing Christina and Tori! but the Actor playing Caleb is not who expected :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I imagined Tori to look a little older with shorter hair, and Caleb to have darker hair. But the casting is still really great! I'm excited to see who plays Will and Tobias... was Eric cast yet?

message 22: by Sarah (last edited Mar 12, 2013 07:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah Iflip414 wrote: "I imagined Tori to look a little older with shorter hair, and Caleb to have darker hair. But the casting is still really great! I'm excited to see who plays Will and Tobias... was Eric cast yet?"

I know I'm excited to see who plays Tobias and Will too and also who plays Tris!!! does anyone know if they already got an actor to play Tris?!? :)

Stephanie Garcia maggie Q is perfect for Tori

Brittney Zainab wrote: "Brittney wrote: "I really actually approve of all of them so far. It's not a bad looking cast. I just want to know who's going to play Four now. :P And I'm kinda curious about Jeanine, I hope it's ..."

Honestly, I don't mind Shailene as much as everybody else seems to, of course I've never really seen her in anything. But I'm saving my judgment on her til I see her in action. As for Saoirse, she's always kind of bothered me, so I'm not a big fan of her for the casting. :P Plus, she's already got a big role in an upcoming book-to-movie adaptation. So... -shrug-

Nathania Ma I have really mixed feelings for Caleb but I like Christina and Tori

Inês OMG NIKITA IS TORI ^^^^^^^^ AND CALLB IS SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Inês Nicole wrote: "STILL WAITING FOR FOUR. Who am I kidding? Everyone is waiting for Tobias/Four casting news!"

its been revealed :) its Theo james who will play him this guy-> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3772243/?r...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel wrote: "I really like the casting for Christina and Tori! Caleb is not that bad too! I mean with darker hair and the right clothes I guess he could a pretty good Caleb.
But I'm not sure about Tris, I mean ..."

On another discussion they said the official casting for Four is Theo James.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 15, 2013 11:35AM) (new)

Zainab wrote: "I really like the casting for Christina and Caleb, I'm not too sure about Tori though... not how I imagined her. Also I believe they did cast Tris already and not too sure I agree with that either...."

Yea, Saoirse Ronan or Elle Fanning
Shailene Woodley is drop dead gorgeous, Tris is supposed to be VERY ordinary looking. But she's a great actress, I reckon she'll do us proud xD

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

So Lenny Kravitz played Cinna in The Hunger Games and Zoe Kravitz plays Christina in Divergent! I see they both got into the YA buzz :D

Rachel Theo James is casted for Four!! I was hoping it would be Brenton Thwaites but Theo is still good. I absolutely love that Shailene Woodley is playing Tris. Who ever saw the Descendants should know that she is an amazing actress and she looks the part too, in my opinion. I love Tori, Christina and Caleb they did a good job casting so far :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

What?!! There's a MOVIE?

*blinks, looking confused*
*smiles*

AWESOME!