What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Historical Romance, Heroine forced to wear chastity belt by mother in beginning of book.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ritzcalibre (last edited Mar 11, 2013 09:13PM) (new)

Ritzcalibre | 3 comments Okay I read this book ages ago and I think it would be classified as a "bodice ripper". The heroine has a nasty mother who quite early on in the book forces her to wear a chastity belt. At the same time the heroine becomes quite ill from chafing? and the hero ends up rescuing her from this predicament. The heroines brother is plotting against her and 3/4 of the way through the book you find out he is gay but of course not telling anyone. The gay brother ends up being shot with and arrow while making love to his lover. So this is most of what I can remember from this book but I would love to be able to read it again. I believe this is book was published in the 70's or 80's. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

message 2: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Mar 12, 2013 12:48AM) (new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments First book that sprang to mind when hearing "chastity belt" was of course
The Key by Lynsay Sands. But thats at about it so dont think its your book.

My search turned up these though,having read neither I cant confirm its your book.

The Knight and the Rose
Bound by Desire
Cheyenne Summer

message 3: by Ritzcalibre (new)

Ritzcalibre | 3 comments Could be The Knight and the Rose, have to get my hands on the book to see. Thank you so much for the response.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Be sure to come back and let us know if that's it or not Ritz.

message 5: by Ritzcalibre (new)

Ritzcalibre | 3 comments Okay I checked and it definitely is not the book I'm looking for, but thank you for the info just the same.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
Ritzcalibre, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39315 comments Mod
No response from Ritzcalibre in 2 years; moving to Abandoned.