The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
This topic is about Hush, Hush
Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 221 comments This is a discussion where you can talk about anything related with the Hush Hush series.

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 18 comments I liked the first book much better than the second...

Alma | 24 comments I'm on second book, and I can't seam to finish it.... I'll try really hard! :) :)

message 4: by Sky (last edited Mar 12, 2013 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) I had a hard time liking the first book. I still need to read the second. I want to like it though, so I'll go ahead and finish the series, lol.

message 5: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) Agree 100% I have a weakness for fallen angel stories, just really hope it gets better,I have a little hope left hehe

message 6: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) Funny thing is, I can't find the 2nd book annnywwheeree. And I work so much that I can't wait for a package to be delivered to my home, grrr.

message 7: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) I am beginning to wonder if I should just abandon the thought of having the series together on my shelf at home, and just get it for my Kindle app. It's been almost a year since I read the first one >.>

message 8: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) You and me both, Red!
I vaguely remember some of it, but it honestly was so cliche that I rolled my eyes more often than I wish I had lol.

message 9: by Trixy (new) - added it

Trixy Sparks | 6 comments New girl here ;) is this series worth reading?

message 10: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) Hi, Trixy! Honestly, I can't give you a valid answer, I myself am unsure. I read the first book and just couldn't get hooked.

message 11: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose (vampire-bite) | 9 comments The first book is perfect. It has the mystery flick and all.
The second book is really boring. I just wanted to get it over with. However, the third book is where things got interesting again. And the fourth book was a total waste of time. Too much talk, less action.

Characters: I loved Patch, he was cool and funny. However, Nora, she was pissing me off from time to time. Vee, i hated her. Marcie, also a hate. I did like Scott, in the third book.

Plot: The plot was good. I could probably sum up the plot to only 3 books. She dragged on the second and fourth one.

Should you read it: Yes. It's a good book. Totally something worth reading if you like fantasy books.

message 12: by Trixy (new) - added it

Trixy Sparks | 6 comments I think I'll try this series, if I can't get hooked I'll just stop, but thx 4 the response..I appreciate it

message 13: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) The one book that is of the same genre with fallen angels, and had a lot more fun with was the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

message 14: by Sky (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sky (skyswriting) I will still finish up the Hush Hush series eventually, because I hate starting a series and not finishing it, but had too many cliché moments where everything became predictable and dialogue felt like I've seen it a million times. I like the idea of Patch , but the lead female bothers me as well. I don’t want to cause an argument so I’ll stop there haha, but those were just my feelings.

message 15: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose (vampire-bite) | 9 comments I think that Fallen is more cliché than Hush, Hush. Just because there is the whole "love triangle" there.
Hush Hush can get boring. But if you are able to keep up with the book until the 3rd one, than I think that you think that it's worth reading.
I hate the female main roles. But I do like the male ones. They are what it makes the book interesting.

message 16: by Trixy (new) - added it

Trixy Sparks | 6 comments OMG Sky!! I'm in love with the fallen series <333 I'm actually reading the last book rite now eeekk!! This is soooper awesome :))))

message 17: by Bread (new) - added it

Bread (etchmaymay) | 30 comments so happy the final was realised! Now I just need to get it!

message 18: by Ayu (new) - rated it 1 star

Ayu (ianosheas) | 22 comments I hated this book. I couldn't even finish the first one. I got five chapters in and I could already tell which direction it was going. It was like a Twilight + Fallen Angels thing. The writing in this book was mediocre- I felt like I could've written the book.

message 19: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex | 11 comments I LUFF this series!

María (mariabooks) | 2 comments I like this saga. I really like it. Now I'm reading second book and I love it more than first.

message 21: by Yesenia (new) - added it

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments I love practically the whole series, but my friend hates it. She thinks it's stereotypical for a girl to be that way. What do you guys think?

message 22: by Leen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leen (leeneat) | 8 comments I love the series but I don't like Nora. In my opinion she totally changed. In a bad way. She went from a sweet, kind, lonely, but normal girl and totally changed into a bitch. She became over confident, mean, rude, she causes people ,and judges them before she asks what really happened. But the series was really good i was hooked in at parts then Nora hit me.

message 23: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Trace (jess_trace) | 3 comments I read the whole series it was pretty good and I love fallen angel books but not the best series

Gotobedmouse | 77 comments I finished this series at the beginning of the year. I really enjoyed the first couple of books but I had a problem of not remember the storyline when I got to the last book and spending half of the last book going "oh yeah" I remember now"
The reason I started reading them is I found the first book really cheap. Then I was hooked.

message 25: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex | 11 comments I loved the first book but it was a little too cliche for my taste. But other than the second being boring it was a really good series.

Jennifer (jpchecko78) Something about this series kept me coming back.

Pratiksha | 9 comments Its strange how much I loved this series. Like LOVED! I rarely feel so addicted to a series that I can't wait to finish it and keep dreading that I WILL finish it, at the same time. Dunno what it was about Patch and Nora that kept me hooked, but I found them totally delicious. The romance was soo sizzling! Plus, no love triangle. I loved the plot too. This series is one I am so deeply in love with that I hope I forget the plotline soon and get to read it again with the same amount of excitement.

message 28: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe | 4 comments I like to think of Hush Hush as a stand-alone novel.... cuz it was just AMAZING !!!!!!!! The other books in the series just weren't as good as the first.

Lizzy (lizzymarie0304) | 50 comments I have to agree with Jo. The same thing tends to happen in a lot of trilogies. Te first book is really good and the second one is just setting up the plot for the third, which is usually not that good (or at least in my opinion)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fallen (other topics)