The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Percy Jackson

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (Bookish Wanderess), Founder (new)

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 221 comments This is a discussion where you can talk about anything related with the Percy Jackson series.

message 2: by Sofia (Bookish Wanderess), Founder (new)

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 221 comments I have all the books of the series, but I haven't read any. Are they good ?

message 3: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) DEFINITELY YES!!! XD

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Pavkovich | 22 comments When I worked in the library we had all kinds of requests for the Percy Jackson series without anyone actually know why the main character was named Percy. Sad isn't it? I've seen most of the books, but, haven't read them, either. More into the Dark Hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 5: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Pavkovich | 22 comments And, if anyone is interested to know, Kenyon has a new book about Acheron's brother, Styxx coming out in early October 2013

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 18 comments I enjoyed the first one a lot. Love greek mythology spins.

message 7: by Alma (new)

Alma | 24 comments I enjoyed all of them. It's definitely for the younger reader, but I just love Rick Riordan's work. I've also read first two books in "The Kane Chronicles" (about old egyptian gods) and I enjoyed them too. I like his sense of humor, I guess. You should give it a try, maybe you'd like them.

message 8: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) I read the Kane chronicles, but didn't enjoy them as much as the Percy Jackson! His humor is definitely what makes me keep reading since I understand it and it makes me feel like a kid again (even though I am 16 :P)! And after a hard day of boring school and homework, I love to curl up and read these books because they are so fun!

message 9: by Mandie (new)

Mandie (literarywanderlust) | 6 comments The whole series is awesome! Also there is a spin off series called the Heroes of Olympus that still involves our favorites from the Percy Jackson series. Plus he's still writing for that series! If you have seen the movie and haven't read the book, please don't judge the series based on the movie. As most of you know the books usually are better. They are making a second movie too! :)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 32 comments Like many others I thought this series was a lot of fun and I love anything about mythology so I would totally recommend this series to anyone!

message 11: by Haley (new)

Haley I always love when an author is the first to branch into a subject for their books, and I think Rick Riordan was really the first person to write a successful YA series about Greek gods. So that made them all the more fun to read for me, not to mention the fact that he clearly knows what he's talking about (he knows a lot about all this mythology and did his research well). He makes his characters seem their age and super-relatable, and the humor is great! I love them!

message 12: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (alexandra-the-fairy) This series was so awesome! I have the first book and last two books! Unfortunately I totally forgot most of the storyline so I'm going to have to read it again!
I didn't really like the movie all that much compared to the book, but my curiosity is still gonna drag me to the next movie!

message 13: by Martina (new)

Martina Vidret | 13 comments I loove that book. I read all of them, the two series. They made me interest in Greek and Roman mythology. They are pretty good

message 14: by Lyndsay (new)

Lyndsay MacDonald Love those books! I read the original series and I'm up to date on the Heroes of Olympus spin-off series. Still waiting for the next Percy Jackson movie to come out, though....

message 15: by Rajisha (new)

Rajisha Sharma (RAjishaBOOKADDICT) | 4 comments Lyndsay you are so so right! Percy Jackson books are just too amazing........I too am waiting eagerly for the next percy jackson movie..........Greek myths and stuff produced in the RICK RIORDAN way are superb!

message 16: by Rajisha (new)

Rajisha Sharma (RAjishaBOOKADDICT) | 4 comments Yes the Percy jackson books are so so wow....They're amazing! And the greek and roman stuff produced in the RICK RIORDAN WAY is too wonderful...

message 17: by Rajisha (new)

Rajisha Sharma (RAjishaBOOKADDICT) | 4 comments Laura wrote: "This is a discussion where you can talk about anything related with the Percy Jackson series."

I totally agree.....Its a series worth discussion they're so wow

message 18: by Afifa (new)

Afifa | 20 comments I LOVE THE SERIES
it was amazing

message 19: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (chaoslovesorder) If you have any interest in Greek Mythology or like cool action then they are the books for you. I absolutely adore them- thoguh I'm in the middle of the series so I can't say the whole lots awesome- but what I've read, I've loved.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the first two but I need to finish the series!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

The Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series are very addictive. I highly recommend it for anyone who like a bit of adventure and mythology.

message 22: by Aika (new)

Aika | 3 comments i already read all the books- sooo excited for the sea of monsters movie...

message 23: by Meag (last edited Apr 06, 2013 10:02PM) (new)

Meag (meagan01) I read all the books and loved them, but i'm kind of worried for the second movie because of how they changed so much in the first. I really hope they pull it of but we're usually disappointed by the movies.

message 24: by Tayo (new)

Tayo | 4 comments Love the book series very much. It worth reading

message 25: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) These books are amazing! XD The new series is especially good, though teh first series will never beat it (except for maybe the whole Percabeth thing :P).
The first movie was awful, but they decided toa ctually go with the book a bit more in teh second movie (which means ANNABETH WILL BE BLONDE! AND THERE IS CLARRISE!!!)

message 26: by Nina (new)

Nina (Rainwater) Well this discussion sure goes for ever. The books are epic. I finished the Percy Jackson series. The story is so well woven you'll find yourself believing every word.
Can't wait for the movie. Hope they do the book justice!

message 27: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 3937 comments I made the mistake of watching the movie before reading the first book so the read was a bit too quick apart from the scenes where I was annoyed that too much had been changed or omitted in the movie (though I quite liked the movie actually - then again, if I'd seen it after reading the book, I'm not so sure).

Definitely a series that will keep you reading, lots of action and interesting characters and all the mythology information the author is providing is quite awesome! I love the twist of it, bringing ancient knowledge back to life in a modern setting.

I have yet to finish the series (missing book 4 still - it was a different edition than all the others when I bought them second hand so I left it... I'm weird like that, now I'm regretting it lol) but so far I like it :-)

message 28: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Hiroto (kingkrasher27) | 19 comments Laura wrote: "I have all the books of the series, but I haven't read any. Are they good ?"

VERY MUCH XD

message 29: by Christian (new)

Christian Maria Morgan My favorite part about this series is how it makes me laugh and smile a gazillion time. :]

message 30: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Perry | 229 comments Jeff wrote: "And, if anyone is interested to know, Kenyon has a new book about Acheron's brother, Styxx coming out in early October 2013"

I am also a Kenyon fan Jeff, but I love Percy as well. I read everything. LOL these are my favs though my teacher used to call me her expert on mythology.

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellytam) | 8 comments Love this series. at first when i finish the series, i'm kinda bored.. but when i moved on to Heroes Of Olympus with so many new characters, i started to miss old Grover!!! Anyway, the best part is that it's so hilarious!!!

message 32: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments I am simply in love with these series, and I have most of the books. I keep reading them over and over, and it never tires me! I definitely recommend it if you like Greek and roman mythology!

message 33: by Diana (new)

Diana Gotsch | 55 comments Have a friend who teaches middle school English. She had her class of underachievers read The first book in the series before starting a unit on Mythology. Some of them identified with Percy and went on to read the next on their own. Something doesn't happen often. Also the Mythology made more sense to them.

message 34: by Ramya (new)

Ramya Kannan (ramyakannan) | 13 comments The Percy Jackson series is AWESOME! I loved every single part, though my favourite was The Last Olympian. Heroes of Olympus series is too long and confusing, but the characters are amazing! These books have instilled an interest for Greek mythology in me.

message 35: by Yesenia (new)

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments These books have helped me a lot with mythology. I will always live them!

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellytam) | 8 comments I just study Ancient Greek and I read the series, it's like OMG I need to go back and ask my history teacher about Greek Mythology. And I studied Ancient Rome last quarter so it's also like that.. LOL. I suddenly become interested in History because of that series. It's so much easier to learn Mythology like this than go through boring History textbooks! :3