Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Archive > Seasonal Watches/Tournaments/ect.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Those of you who came over from the sister group, Shoujo Manga Book Club, may have noticed that we are missing the Seasonal Watches, Tournaments, and Artist of the Week. I am waiting to reinstate these features for when we have more members and a second mod to help me run the group. Kristen (co-mod on the sister group) and I have decided that it would be better to have a male co-mod for the shounen group, versus two female mods.

So, for a while Shounen Manga Book Club won't quite be as developed as its sister group, but it'll get there over time!

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
Wednesday wrote: "Kristen (co-mod on the sister group) and I have decided that it would be better to have a male co-mod for the shounen group, versus two female mods. "
I don't know about that. My brother's quite knowledgeable in Shoujo and Josei, though he's male, and I'm quite knowledgeable in Shounen, though I'm a girl. ;) It all depends on who you talk to.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have also noticed most of our members are female. Well, I don't know. I also don't want to make Kristen co-mod another group, so we're also considering creating a josei/seinen group. I know she already mods one other group, and I don't want to impose on her.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 224 comments We're not saying that neither of us isn't or can't be knowledgeable about shounen. We just thought that a group about manga written for boys could use a male point of view. It would also probably make male members more comfortable to join a shounen group that has at least one male moderator.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 224 comments Darn you, House. You're distracting me. My post is super late now!

Wednesday wrote: "I also don't want to make Kristen co-mod another group, so we're also considering creating a josei/seinen group. I know she already mods one other group, and I don't want to impose on her."

You wouldn't be imposing, Wednesday! I like modding. I still feel like having a male mod would be nice, either way, but I'm always happy to help you out if you need it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree that having a male mod might make the group more inviting for male members. We're really girling up the group. :P

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 224 comments I know, right? We have, what? One or two guys and fourteen or fifteen girls?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, a lot of members have come over from the sister group, so a lot of the members are female. But, we do have a few male members.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments So what are these Seasonal Watches?

message 10: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
Serene wrote: "So what are these Seasonal Watches?"

A bit like "Monthly Reads" but for anime, and the watching period lasts a few months to give everyone who wants to watch it a chance. :)

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments Okay, sounds fun.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

We have Seasonal Watches in the sister group, Shoujo Manga Book Club. However, I wanted to establish this group and obtain more members before starting Seasonal Watches here.

message 13: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 45 comments Very true! We are girling up this group as well haha! I love Seasonal Watches

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to implement the seasonal watches and tournaments next weekend (the weekend of the 31st).

message 15: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 45 comments Yay! Hopefully it will be something I am yet to watch :)

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (radiantserenechaos) | 336 comments Cool. Can't wait to see what it is.