Forever Black (Forever, #1) Forever Black question

Was the Ending Rushed?
Julie Julie Mar 11, 2013 07:49PM
Just finshed reading This book, which I Loved, but I was disappointed with the ending. One minute they are waiting for test results, the next it's their wedding day.

I didn't like this book at all. I thought THE ENTIRE STORY was rushed. I felt there was no real character development and I found myself skipping parts just because I didn't understand how they had gotten to that part in the story. I hope you all found something in it that I didn't... I didn't enjoy it at all.

I agree that it was rushed at the end, also it sounded like she relapsed again before she got pregnant? Ugh, I didn't like that part

I know, I was really looking forward to seeing their reactions when they got the results back, but suddenly I'm witnessing their wedding... But since the book was so good, it didn't bother me much

F 25x33
Kathyjacks I thought the same thing.
Jun 30, 2013 07:07PM · flag

Julie wrote: "Just finshed reading This book, which I Loved, but I was disappointed with the ending. One minute they are waiting for test results, the next it's their wedding day."

OMG! I thought the same thing. I waited for that part of the story and it was like in one page she got married, pregnant and test results. Very disappointed.

I loved this book....imperfections and all. I thought it was really good for a first book. I read it in 2 half days (stupid work interfered)...just couldn't put it down.

I hope the next book comes out soon... Loved both books..

loved this book,but i think it was to short,but when i read book 2 it all was alot better :0)because i got a lot more out of book 1 :0)

deleted member Mar 28, 2013 10:52AM   0 votes
I a glad to hear there will be a second book. This is on my re-read list because I just wasn't sure what I felt about it. I did enjoy it, but as I reread, it's nice to know there is a second one in the works!

I thought the same thing. It actually could have ended earlier and still had enough material for a second book. I still love the book though.

I do agree with the quickie wrap up. The rest of the book was perfectly paced, and then wham...all is good and they are happily wedded.

i have mixed feelings about this book. i liked the story, but i thought that the writing wasn't all that great. there were a lot of parts that were choppy and not enough detail was given. i didn't like how it ended, i mean did the trial work? she obviously lived and married connor and eventually got pregnant, but still i though that there could have been more attnetion to the ending. i was disappointed.

F 25x33
Kathyjacks I felt the same way. I enjoyed the story but the writing was very choppy and I found myself having to double check to see if I had skipped paragraphs ...more
Jun 30, 2013 07:09PM · flag

This book will always be one of my all time favorite reads and i'm so excited for book 2 and also for the other book love in between by the same author.

I agreed that the ending was rushed. It felt like the story just dropped off with big gaps.

I loved the book and there is a part two and three to this book.

Hello everybody..I stumbled across this thread and I can answer your questions! I did the ending the way I did because in the back of my mind I knew there was going to be the potential for another book. After I released Forever Black, I received an overwhelming response to write a 2nd book. I took a risk doing the ending the way I did and it worked..there was a demand for another book. You will be seeing additional scenes in Forever You that weren't in Forever Black. Scenes such as what Connor and Ellery go through while waiting for her test results, their wedding, her finding out she's pregnant, the building of the house and another scene which I cannot discuss at this time, but I guarantee you will love it! If you have any questions, please ask me! I will always respond! xo

i agree. i loved it, it has the potential to be a great one but it was too short ,too rushed
wish it was more detailed
and longer .. but i enjoyed it :)